Old Ones

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Eilonwy Solstice

Dreams are often more than that . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Dreams are sometimes just that, InTheDark. Other times though, they are so much more.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
InTheDark

Re: Old Ones

Post by InTheDark »

Doomed? Isn't that the end result of life?
Worlds without end...
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Clarity Grace wrote:_____Sort of like puppets. Ethan mentioned those once, but I can’t remember what he called them. It wasn’t “xenop” though.
_____P.S. No offense, Mr. InTheDark.
_____P.S. Again. Are you still seeing the talisman?

Thanks for asking Miss Clarity....

No, I havn't seen or heard anything about the talisman in a while now. I've put up a psychic block, so nothings been getting into my subconsiousness. A few odd things have been happening though... does anyone have experience in getting rid of poltergeists or other playful spirits?
Worlds without end...
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Well, a few years back I was into that kind of thing, I could swing by and take a look if ya'd like.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

Most spirits don't like how I get rid of them. :twisted:
Walking between the Shadows, you come to expect the unexpected.
From the Shadows comes Life or Death.
InTheDark

Re: Old Ones--Spirits???

Post by InTheDark »

Thanks Dr Boggs...but it's not a big problem...I just don't want to go overboard like some of our aquaintances. They're not malevolent spirits--at least, not that I have seen-- just mischevious spirits moving things around, scaring the dog, giving bad dreams... Nothing I can't handle, just don't want to blast the poor things out of the ethereal--just have them take their pranks elsewhere...preferably to someone who has annoyed me.
Worlds without end...
Clarity

Having bad dreams is not fun . . .

Post by Clarity »

_____Are you having bad dreams too, Mr. InTheDark? Nightmares and bad dreams can’t be much fun, can they? At least, they’ve never been for me; even the ones that don’t come true.
When my dreams and visions help people, it’s not a burden, it’s a good thing.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Glad to hear you don't want to just blast the.. whatever it is. If it's what you're describing it as you wouldn't accomplish much, the power involved driving that one away would just lure in a few more, better if you could just mask your scent for a few days until it gets bored and/or hungry enough to leave on its own.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Thank you Clarity, yes, I do tend to have bad dreams. These days they usually revolve around me being chased by somthing unknown and nameless...formless and hell bent on getting to me...to what end I do not know yet.

And thank you Dr Boggs on your advice to mask my "presence" for a few days. I will try doing that this weekend...I'll also be gone for a few days as well. I am just hoping it's not one of those annoying spirits that like to follow someone around.

>:) And I can just imagine what you'd do with such a thing Lord Shakur
Worlds without end...
Clarity

Can you stop your nightmare, Mr. InTheDark?

Post by Clarity »

_____Sometimes I wish they would stop, though I’m grateful for them, too. Because they can help people. Can you block yours, Mr. InTheDark?
_____P.S. I can’t, though I wouldn’t want to try when they help.
When my dreams and visions help people, it’s not a burden, it’s a good thing.
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

InTheDark wrote:>:) And I can just imagine what you'd do with such a thing Lord Shakar

:twisted: Its always good to send such things back where they belong.
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Well, I wouldn't mind sending them back where they came from, except it doesn't appear that it exists anymore...so I'll probably need to get another place for it(them).

Clarity, you truly sound like an inspired person. I havn't considered trying to make friends with it(them) as I typically expect the incorporeal earthbound to have malevolent motives, but have to admit I've been a bit amused by these creatures antics. No, I don't have the ability to block them from this realm, but do have the option of opening a gate for them to leave...if they choose to do so and nothing worse decides to come through.
Worlds without end...
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

InTheDark wrote:Well, I wouldn't mind sending them back where they came from, except it doesn't appear that it exists anymore...so I'll probably need to get another place for it(them).

Clarity, you truly sound like an inspired person. I havn't considered trying to make friends with it(them) as I typically expect the incorporeal earthbound to have malevolent motives, but have to admit I've been a bit amused by these creatures antics. No, I don't have the ability to block them from this realm, but do have the option of opening a gate for them to leave...if they choose to do so and nothing worse decides to come through.

Always use proper precautions when opening portals to other Realms.
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Opening portals I've found is a tricky business. There are several methods, but mine are always "spot" versions, and their destinations are always influcened by subconsious decisions and desires. I'll try to be more careful if and when I decide to do it again.
Worlds without end...
Eilonwy Solstice

Why would you . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Why would you even want to open a portal, InTheDark?
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

I'm with Ms Solstice on this one IntheDark, even if the current pest did decide to go through the portal that kind of mojo will just attract more.

Although that raises a question for me, what drew it to you in the first place? From what you've said it didn't show up until that artifact that was plaguing you had disappeared, so what was the lure? Curious..
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Well, I managed to get rid of the minor poltergeist. I was gone for the weekend, and when I got home last night there was no sign of it. Whatever was drawing it to my home seems to have gone away. Interesting you should mention the talisman, Doctor Boggs. I had the dream where it's laying on my chest last night...only this time the thing was whole again.

I really didn't want to open a gate...it was just an idea I was having...
Worlds without end...
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Am I the only one who thins this sounds suspiciously like a scheme? Something's trying to manipulate InTheDark, the poltergeist trick didn't work so now it'll be onto something else. Unless anyone has a better theory?
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Maybe I am cursed...
Worlds without end...
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

It very well could be a complex manipulation of him.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Did anything odd happen while you were away from home for those couple days? Maybe another trip is in order until you can get this figured out.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Actually, nothing really weird has happened the past few days. Over the weekend I had other things going on, so didn't really notice anything. Last night I remember waking up about three or so, and it was really hot in my room, but I fell back to sleep right away. Don't remember any dreams other than Sunday night. No evidence that the poltergeist was anything than a mischief spirit. Urbag Reval hamma.
Worlds without end...
Lord NorDeth

Post by Lord NorDeth »

In the Dark> questions about the design of the talisman. The four equidistant lines...do they all intersect in the mid-point so that the four lines form eight line segments, each forming a 45 Degree angle?

The Circle surrounding them, does it touch the end of each line segment so that the circle itself is divided into 45 Degree segments?

The Infinity symbols at the end of each line, do they touch the circle? And are they Horizontal, or vertical in relation to the edge of the circle.

The Symbols above the infinity symbols? Do they touch the edge, or do they rest withing the "valley" of the infinity symbol, and what is their orientation and position?

I have access to some "resources" that may be able to assist with researching this symbol, but I need more specific info...as well, you mentioned Runes?

A sketch of the symbol would be most useful, but a detailed description of positions and orientations would be a good place for me to start.
There are things MUCH scarier than that which goes bump in the night. Take me for example...
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Well, it was two wheels...normally I'd say circles, but wheels is more appropriate because some of the symbols along the edge moved... and they were locked together, the one with the green stone in it's center laid on top of the red stone wheel. Disk also seems a good word to use. On the back, holding them together, was a small ebony latch that the two stones connected to. When I saw the talisman without the red stone I first thought they were apart. But everytime I saw them they were still together. Then the other night when it showed back up both stones were in their housing. As for it's appearance...its black stone, ebony, and the markings are in silver. They each have eight lines, equadistant, like the eight lines on a compass. They all have the design of an arrow on the outer edge, and above them just above the lip is the eternity symbol, tying it all together. The lines are engraved and have a black line running down the middle. Sometimes the silver flashes red, but the other night it flashed green. I also don't have the mark on my chest, it seems to have faded away.

I suppose I should tell you, I got this from Ty. He was leader of a cult, and once I knew what they were doing, I was able to get a couple of people away from them, then shut their "business" down. I did use some help during this, but do not want to go into too much detail...it was a bit of dirty business. I was also a little upset to find out Ty was involved and in fact one of the leaders. I liked the guy. So I kept the artifact in rememberance of him. I should have left it there I think.
Worlds without end...
Lord NorDeth

Post by Lord NorDeth »

Question...first you referred to the symbol as infinity, now you refer to it as eternity...have you acquired new knowledge of the symbols used?

I ask because there is a distinct difference between the two, both in appearance, and in meaning (or so my research assistant tells me).

The "mark" on your chest, do you recall what it appeared like, color, size, composition. Details or markings?

Pardon the crude image, but does this come close to being the basic design? If not, tell me, or show me how it needs to be modified.

http://s704.photobucket.com/albums/ww48/lordnordeth/?action=view&current=utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTQuanBn.jpg
There are things MUCH scarier than that which goes bump in the night. Take me for example...
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Yes, that is the basic design. And I did mean "infinity" the side-ways eight. I'm not sure what the symbol for "eternity" is off hand. As far as the mark I had on my chest, it was just a small redness, as if from a bit too much sunlight or heat.
Worlds without end...
Lord NorDeth

Post by Lord NorDeth »

So the talisman is two of those symbols, side by side, surrounded by the Infinity symbol, one circle inside each of the loops of the Infinity Symbol. One bears a Ruby in the center, the other an Emerald?

And you had mentioned Runes surrounding the placement of the circles, or edge of the design...can you be more specific as to what they look like?
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

I wish I could, but I didn't write down what they were, and didn't recognize the symbols. Everything else is correct. Any ideas on what it is?
Worlds without end...
Lord NorDeth

Post by Lord NorDeth »

Working on it...we've found a reference to the symbols, but translations are being a bugger (it's in a form of Ancient Etrurian, but it makes it VERY clear that these symbols are not Etrurian...)

Here's what the boy (damned researcher I'm workin with is younger than my Kevlar!) just handed me...

"...from the skies on wheels of light.....the walker in ...worlds. Fleeing from the Great...Ones, Lords...Chaos...............eternal war that raged on countless.... .
From the walker came the ..... drawn in blood and.........and metal......wood and...."

On the same page he is translating (yeah yeah, I know, some translation, gonna have to re-negotiate this kids fee) are several of the symbols that you have mentioned, but we've had no luck translating any of what THEY'RE supposed to be used for yet. All I can tell you is that this manuscript is dated at 800 BCE and a translation from earlier in the manuscript alludes to the fact that it was a 7th or 8th copy of an original (so a copy of a copy of a copy...you get the point) Apparently a student would copy it from his teachers copy, so we have no idea how long in between copies, or how accurate the transcription is...but we're looking at between 3000 and 3500 years.

More info as I find it, but I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

As am I now that I see some of the translations. This is sooo not good. I may have to step in and take an active part.