Missing Friends!?!

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Shadowstalker

Re: Missing Friends!?!

Post by Shadowstalker »

At the time this was happening I had been avoiding the Local police. Who were being particularly diligent in trying to catch me.

They were not the only ones that were searching me out that night. There had been something else, looking with less normal means.

I was finally able to evade those who were looking for me, when I heard the call."Raphael, I need your help, will you come to the Seelie Court with me?"

The call was one I couldn't refuse. I shifted into the Astral, and from there to fallow Hannah's call. When I arrived the first thing I noticed was nearly being bowled over by Hannah as she rushed towards me.

"I am so glad you could come."
"I could not refuse such a summons, and from you that goes double." I told her with a grin.
"Who is this Mortal, and why is he here!?!" Robin roared.
The Oak King Spoke."He is Raphael of the Walker Clan. He is also a Guardian of the Paths. He is a friend to the Fey."
Robin spat, and then growled out."He is a friend of the Sidhe, and a Hunter of those of the Shadow Court! He is little better than this other one." He says pointing at Ron.
The Oak King spoke."This is the Seelie Court, and he will be allowed to speak here."

I had been taking in my surrounding. I was able to notice Ron, and Sarah as well as the other Fey in attendance. "Hannah I am more than willing to do whatever I can to help, but I think you need to tell me what is going on? "

Will continue here soon.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone.

One of the weirder things of being in the Faerie Realm is communicating. I told Shadow what was going on, but I was kind of in a hurry. Somehow the ideas came out faster than the words did. I was still telling him how we'd gotten to the court when he already knew everything I was going to tell him and what I wanted him to do for us.

I wish I could talk to people like that in the real world. I wish everyone could. It'd make things much faster and easier to understand.

Hannah

PS: Shadow should tell this part of the story, he's much better at it than me.
I will be who I chose to be.
Clarity

Why does he talk differently?

Post by Clarity »

_____Why did Robin speak to you in rhyme but not Mr. Shadow, Hannah?
When my dreams and visions help people, it’s not a burden, it’s a good thing.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi C,

I think that's a part of the whole weirdness of the place. I think it changes to reflect what people are there expect.

Hannah

PS: I also think that's why Mom and Dad can't remember the place clearly.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yeah. If I didn't have Hannah and Shadow to tell me I was there . . . well I don't think I would have even known. Sarah remembers a little more than me. Perhaps because she had more contact with that thing when she was a child.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

Luckily, I have never encountered the Fae Realms in my travels. I don't think I would get along very well with them. Though I do think i have had dealings with various members of the Unseelie Court. Some of those beings that Hannah describes remind me of some things I have encountered in my Astral Roamings.
Walking between the Shadows, you come to expect the unexpected.
From the Shadows comes Life or Death.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everybody,

Sorry for the delay in finishing this, I was hoping for Shadow to post the next art, but he got busy saving someone from aliens or something. I'm sure he'll be back soon to talk about his time on the witness stand.

Hannah

PS: I wish I could do still do all the stuff I could do in the Fey realm . . . it would make school a lot more fun.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone.

Well I got my wish to be able to do all the cool stuff I could in the Fey Realms again. When I was getting ready for school on the First Day of Spring, Robin was there waiting for me.

Hannah

PS: I'll tall you more soon, but we need to finish what happened back in October first.
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

We await the finishing of your tale.
Walking between the Shadows, you come to expect the unexpected.
From the Shadows comes Life or Death.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone

I guess I should try to wrap this all up.

I got Raphael to talk about how he met my dad and how he met me and how he met my grandfather. You all know those stories from reading these boards all these years.

Raphael had helped a lot with the legal wrangling around trying to set up custody arrangements for me after I got rescued. This included having collected some blood samples from me, dad and grandfather - though I think getting the blood sample from grandfather involved smashing him in the face with a two-by-four when Shadow tried to rescue me that one winter solstice.

Anyway, Raphael explained to the Seelie court all about how he'd gotten DNA tests done on the blood and how that prooved who my father really was.

Unfortunately, the court kinda just stared at him with the same sorta uncomprehending look I'm sure I give my math teachers when they start into explaining how to use sin, cos and tan on my calculator.

So he tried again, making it easier for them. He said that the humans had developed a magic that can be used to trace bloodlines. He told them that the magic showed who my real father was.

The jurors seemed to get that a lot better.

So did Robin.

I felt so sorry for Shadow as Robin barraged him with questions, tried to portray him as a liar and tried to trip up his story. But Shadow, and I totally love him to death for this, he held firm and came back every time.

It was then that the King called a halt to the proceedings. He said that we'd have to wait until the first day of spring to learn the result. In the mean time I'd be returned to the human world with Mom and Dad.

This made Robin all sorts of mad, shouting about how he was being cheated, about how he would be unable to see me until the spring because he couldn't walk on Earth after Samhain and how he demanded I stay in the faerie realm.

The Oak King didn't seem to notice he was speaking as he waved his staff and Mom, Dad, Shadow and me were on my front a moment later.

Hannah

PS: In case you haven't figured it out, in the spring the Oak King decided that there was enough evidence about who my father really was that I didn't have to marry Robin . . . unless there were no daughters born to my grandfather before he died. At that point the obligation would pass to me . . . unless I was already married.

Grace

Post by Grace »

An enchanting tale of the otherworld. And told in a language that I recognize from my childhood. Some of those old tales differ slightly from those commonly known and some I was assured were only passed on from generation to generation by the telling.

Once, maybe a year or more ago I would have thought all of it to be simple fanciful fictions.

Today I have a greater appreciation for these stories.

I'm glad that this one seems to have a happy ending.

Or at least an unhappy one has been forestalled.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Damned Fae.

Hannah, you do realize that all Robin has to do to get you is to make sure your Grandfather kicks the bucket before you are married.

Remember, he is fae, they follow the "wording" of an agreement, not the "spirit" of one. Doesn't help that they're damned tricky about it.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I hate it when your right.

I also hate it when it becomes my best interests to keep my father alive as long as possible and marry off my daughter as soon as possible.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well, there is always the third option.

Cold iron and a very dead fae bastard.

WWVLD
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi K,

I was doing some reading in between shifts out here at the summer camp and I'm not sure we want to try that. Apparently the name Robin Goodfellow ties into some ancient legends about some kind of nature god.

So even if he can be killed, I don't think we'd be able to.

Hannah

PS: Sorry I stopped visiting, but the work at the summer camp has kept me busy.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

No problem kiddo. As you can see I have moved on. Probably better, as your pop was probably ready to kick me out. :lol:

WWVLD
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi K,

He gets kinda touchy at times, especially where the V word is concerned.

Hannah

PS: He'd have been a little more relaxed if Wie was around, she reminds him a bit that things aren't always black and white.