Makeovers, makeup and animal testing

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Paint the walls of your house with phsophorescent paint and have a bunch of blacklights?

Not so portable, but at least your house is safe.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Oooo Rave House! ... I guess this isn't a problem so easily solved. CAn some of our resident researchers come up with something?
To see a world in a grain of sand,
to see eternity in an instant...
DroopyDawg

Post by DroopyDawg »

My first question would be, how big and how dark of a shadow does one need?
My next question is do they show up on any kind of non visual light imaging?

Droopy
I am not so much bothered by what I perceive, as by what my mind tells me about what I perceive.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Good question Droopy. My first teacher and I had to deal with these things, and if I remember right they could pretty much move into any shadow big enough to stick a hand or foot in as they would kind of suck into it.

As for the non-light imaging systems.. I would say they show up on motion detectors, at least ones that are vibrational based. THey might show up in Ultraviolet, maybe... I don't know about thermal. I know that they should be plainly visitible to those that can see auras like myself.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I heard a few years back that they were working on cameras that could record electromagnetic energy fields... I know we've developed devices that can record the electromagnetic auras of a person sitting in a special chair, touching a pair of metal plates. Anyone know of any advances in that particular field?
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

My googles reach into both the IR and UV spectrums as well as light amplification - didn't show up at all.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

I have a set of goggles that do similar. It also shows certain types of "energy fields associated with the paranormal and supernatural." Or thats the way that most college professors would put it. However, I didn't get a chance to use them, so I don't know if they would have worked or not.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

You could paint everything with glow in the dark paint and forget about the blacklights hehe. They actually make some pretty bright glow in the dark material now.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Yes, but phosphors still require an initial light source to charge them... Otherwise, no glow.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Yip. You know in some parts of the country they have the sun on for 8 hours a day. Sometimes more :P :lol:
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Yah, like Alaska.
Sakura

Re: Makeovers, makeup and animal testing

Post by Sakura »

So, a lot has happened to me since I last reported in. It's been an exhausting time. I'm afraid that even though everything is all better, some things are still suffering. Even though Brandon's out of jail, I think he's still mad at me. We haven't talked in a while.

So, there was the attack in my apartment, right? Everything was quiet for a few days at that point. No more murders. No attacks. I started looking again. The information that Brandon had given me had my scalp tingling. The shooting at the campus hadn't shown up on the news. The murders were pretty quiet, as there wasn't much media coverage. Somebody was trying to keep things quiet. The police didn't seem to be taking too vigorous an approach, not usual for Amarillo PD. They don't play around, and they like to put foot to ass when they can. A little bit of creative entry allowed me to set up some surveillance on the local police departments, though I knew it wouldn't be worth much. I also started making a list of people, influential people in the city and researched them, looking for odd religious habits, quirks, connections to the odd or unusual. The ones that cropped up I began to watch. Another murder happened, this time halfway across town in the southwest corner, well away from the previous areas. Same as before, but this time the face was left intact, but appeared to have been attacked by a wild animal. This time, I knew what it was.

I must have had that knowing look in my eyes because the cops seemed more nervous, they wanted to question me, see what I knew. I of course told them they already had my full cooperation, and if I had any information to share, I would gladly do so. I didn't think they bought it, but they let me go. So things stayed quiet for the next few weeks. Another pair of murders happened, though one was just a mundane shoot-out in North Heights... the really rough part of town. Amarillo has never been a terribly violent place, not as far as murders are concerned. It seemed though that this was a rash of wildfires burning through the city. It definitely seemed to be the work of a sociopathic serial killer. Perhaps he thought he was an animal, or a werewolf seemed to be the common consensus. It wasn't long before trouble showed up at Brandon's shop as a local group of fire-and-brimstone religious zealots decided to make trouble. He couldn't afford to throw any spells at them though, otherwise it would justify their idiotic fears and he'd probably have gotten killed via burning at the stake. Luckily a shotgun tends to change people's minds in a hurry.

I was slowly getting closer to tracking the source of the problem. You always know you're getting close when it starts getting bad. I was attacked, again. This time two of them came for me, but I was ready. I loaded the house up with 100 watt bulbs and brighter where I could. Between my Blade, the light, and a containment ward that Brandon put up, they didn't escape. Next, it was the cops that came at me. I got a tip from a friend inside the PD that warned me they were coming. My Blazer was seen at the college campus, as had the fact that I had been firing my weapon apparently randomly. Most people couldn't see the Shadow Beast I had been fighting. They were coming for my guns, my blades, and me. Luckily, I cashed out the money I had in my bank account at a random ATM, and evaporated. I couldn't stay at Brandon's place. They'd look there. I didn't have a chance to warn him, so they took him into custody, pending investigation. I was almost immediately a fugitive, so I ditched my Blazer and picked up a backup car that I have, and kept looking. Whoever was behind this certainly had some influence.

There was a pattern to it all and I knew that I just wasn't seeing it. Where did the dots connect? There didn't seem to be any common thread that connected them all, other than that they were all local people, and they were all from different walks. One was a armored truck driver, one worked at a local Subway, another was a local business owner and self-proclaimed psychic, the list went on. Even though I knew that I was being looked for, I forced myself to slow down, retrace my steps, review the files again. The name popped up once, twice.. three times, then too many times to be just coincidence. Potter County District Attorney Darrel Thomas. He wasn't always the DA of course, but that hardly mattered. He'd been involved with all the victims in that he had handled their cases, from misdemeanors to potential felony offenses. Of course a DA would have enough power to create a media blackout and send cops with drawn weapons to my doorstep. I didn't think he'd be the one who was our esteemed summoner. I opted to pay him a visit.
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

Sounds Like they are Shadow Beasts. a Native resident to some place that most Travelers between the Worlds call the Dimension of Shadows.

They are completely Invisible when in Darkness but significantly weakened when in Daylight. I know of a Spell that calls forth a ball of it that is very effective. Magic kills them fairly well. Other than that they tend to be hard to kill because of their penchant for disappearing in the Dark.
Walking between the Shadows, you come to expect the unexpected.
From the Shadows comes Life or Death.
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Thank you Lord Shakar, but if you look at my previous posts, all this is already well-known, and stated. Granted, Brandon didn't get a chance to use his magic against them much.
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

Meh Its what I get for skimming at 3am and making a post when taking a break between one Astral hop and the next.
Walking between the Shadows, you come to expect the unexpected.
From the Shadows comes Life or Death.
Clarity

Ethan told me about shadows . . .

Post by Clarity »

_____Please be careful, Miss Sakura. Shadows can be used to mask and distract. Sometimes at the same time.
_____Ethan told me that.
When my dreams and visions help people, it’s not a burden, it’s a good thing.