Shadows of a Book . . .

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Ron Caliburn

Re: Shadows of a Book . . .

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Kelly,

If it had been me, I'd have rather died. Failign that, I'd rather one of those here put an end to me before my condition got out of hand.

Ben, I don't know, but he might be of a like mind with me on this one.

The other thing is Ben wasn't always the nicest, most stable guy out there . . . I have a rather large supply of death threats from him to back that up . . . having him go all wolf and feral might mean that we have to go and stop him, weather he likes this or not.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

and why haven't we heard from Ben since his . . . transformative experience?

Is there something you aren't telling us?

Delta Sierra
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

I'd like to know whether or not these delusions will lead to dangerous behavior
as they sometimes do if they are allowed to go on unchecked.
Question everything.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I'm back in Maine to finish up some stuff.

Benny & Molly are in Wyoming. Safe. So just leave them alone, for your sake Ronny. Please.

He's awake now. First thing he asked if Molly & me were alright. Then he wanted to know "if we got her?" I didn't have the heart to tell him that she got away again, so I avoided the subject.

Molly is happy...she already found a new friend she named Mr. Floppy. (A rabbit that has a den just outside). She asked me to say "Hi" to all of ya'll.
She's a good kid.

Raz, my stuff is all but packed up. Should be done by the weekend at the latest. You and your lot can move in anytime. Hope ya'll enjoy the place, I know that I did. Just watch ut for that new sheriff...he seems to me to be bit of a hardass and a full on disbeliever if ya' know what I mean.

Well its been nice talkin' with you folks again. Don't know when either me or Benny Boy will be able to post again. Ain't got no computer out there yet.
Maybe we'll keep it that way for awhile. Ya' know, for some peace and quiet.
I will leave our phone # with you Raz in case you need to contact us.

I suppose this is good bye ya'll. Its been nice knowin' all of ya'll. Maybe we will get to seein' each other again some day.

By the way...Sir Black, whoever you are. Good luck with that bitch. She is a cunnin' one. She won't die so easy. So shoot her twice...make one count for Benny.

Good bye ya'll.
" Don't ever come between a wolf and her pups. Ever!!! "
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Anything else you avoided telling him, like the fact that he'll need to be in a cage next full moon to avoid ripping Molly's throat out?

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Kelly,

I'm gonna smack Dad in the back of the head for you.

Hannah

PS: I hope I can come visit soon, but I doubt it's gonna be before I move out of the house, sorry - assuming I'm not still grounded by then.
I will be who I chose to be.
Sir Typhis Black

Post by Sir Typhis Black »

Greetings again. By request of Miss Kelly (for lack of knowing her last name) I have arrived in the quaint village of Cypress Cove and began my investigation.

Needless to say, my hunt of these werewolves has proven difficult.

The new sheriff is a strict skeptic. A non-believer in the sternest tense of the word. My arrival in town seemed to peek his interest, for he explained " if I was in any way tied to that annex that used to be here he would have me arrested for being a public nuisance. " He was a real charmer.

As for Miss Kelly I did not see her at all. I was astute enough to also notice that her bar has activity, though not her I am affraid. Mr. Holister's cabin had no sign of activity as it seemed much like a deserted shell, nothing like the place of merriment this past Memorial Day.

My investigation did lead me to two possible hiding places for these lycanthropes.

The first was an abandonned farm outside of town where the first werewolf infestation was said to have originated. There was nothing there.

The second place I investigated was an old mill. Yet again I found no evidence of them ever being there.

The final place I will examine is an abandoned mannor just outside of the town near a graveyard. The locals tend to steer clear of the place because of local superstition and claims of haunting. Sounds to me like a perfect place for a pack of werewolves to establish a new lair.

I plan on going there this evening in an attempt to find and eliminate these monsters. If I fail, you will not hear from me again. At least you will be able to finish my work and slay these beasts before they kill again.

Wish me luck, I fear I may need it.

G'Night to you all.
"It is best to fight the good fight and die with your enemy's heart in your hand."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Happy hunting, bring back a few pelts.

Delta Sierra
Bearshaman

Post by Bearshaman »

Kelly wrote:No...you..ya'll don't understand.

I did what I could to save him.....I had no choice.

I .....I bit him.

Kelly, you did what you thought you had to, to save Ben's life. You need to stay with him, teach him. If you need help let me know, my condition is genetic. I don't have the curse in my blood so I can't make any others into weres by biting or blood, but I do know what Ben is going through, what you are going through. I would be glad to help out if you would like assistance.

Eli, be careful with the diary. Books that appear like that tend to be a bit more than just a diary, unless you have developed the ability of psycoportation of objects (teleportation). Have you sensed anything evil about the book?
Somethings man was not meant to know..others man doesn't want to know.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Don't forget to mention the locking him up during the full moon because he's going to be very interested in hunting small animals and children.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

We’re proceeding with the utmost caution . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

We’re proceeding with the utmost caution, Bearshaman. Thank you for your concern.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

So, anyone heard from Kelly or Ben. Since I'm on the move again, I might just go and check up on them.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD