Security Breach

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Original Darknyht

Security Breach

Post by Original Darknyht »

It seems there has been an extreme breach of security on my servers. Someone has been in them and even managed to get into our bank accounts. Had to cut the lines to stop it the server access and have been changing account information all day. Sorry excuse for a human emptied the last one before I got to it. They even have the guts to use my account on here and pretend to be us.

I wish we were not out of town on business because if what they posted is true, I would love to meet them at the door. If any of you can get there send me a PM. I really want to get a hand on them.
You are doomed to make choices. This is life's greatest paradox. - Wayne Dyer
skeptic

Re: Security Breach

Post by skeptic »

Have you called the FBI's cybercrime unit?
Question everything.
Razor

Post by Razor »

The FBI couldn't find their own ass with both hands, a map, and a guide.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Zotob.
For example.

More recently, the FBI was essential unit in an international operation that dismantled one of the largest (more than 400,000 images and videos were posted, traded, and trafficked) and most sophisticated child exploitation rings in history.

But, yea, whatever, people that have already made up their minds don't easily change them.
Question everything.
Eilonwy Solstice

When did this start?

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

When did this start?
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Cybercrime?
I first heard about it in the 1980s.
Question everything.
Eilonwy Solstice

Specifics and skeptics . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

I’m sorry, skeptic. I should have been more specific, I was referring to the stolen data.

Oh, and welcome.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Razor

Post by Razor »

So they got 1, out of 100 groups out there. Or lets be fair, 50 groups. That's a 2% sucess rate. Bravo.

Or lets just say, this report only represents 1 out of every 10 sucessful efforts that makes. That's still at best 20%, which is still *gasp* phenominally poor.

Sorry, I have no respect for the Fuck-Brained Idiots, pardon my language, mostly because they're too worried about some things, not enough in others, and generally make a nuisance for even honest people. They do only enough homework, when they're after someone, to get by.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
skeptic

Re: Specifics and skeptics . . .

Post by skeptic »

Eilonwy Solstice wrote:I’m sorry, skeptic. I should have been more specific, I was referring to the stolen data.

Oh, and welcome.
Oh.
Don't I feel sheepish.
Hopefully only recently. Less time, less damage.
Usually.
But everybody that ever did business with them needs to execute a
serious security audit of their systems.
Question everything.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Razor wrote:So they got 1, out of 100 groups out there. Or lets be fair, 50 groups. That's a 2% sucess rate. Bravo.
I don't know how many?
Do you?
Perhaps you should tell them, and not me.

Or lets just say, this report only represents 1 out of every 10 sucessful efforts that makes. That's still at best 20%, which is still *gasp* phenominally poor.
Difficult crime to combat.
Seizure rates are low across the crime fighting spectrum from cybercrime to narcotics.
Doesn't mean they're not doing a good job; doesn't mean that they're useless or even worthless.
They have a hard job to do.
If it were easy, crime wouldn't be a problem, would it?

Sorry, I have no respect for the Fuck-Brained Idiots, pardon my language, mostly because they're too worried about some things, not enough in others, and generally make a nuisance for even honest people. They do only enough homework, when they're after someone, to get by.
Don't let that bad taste in your mouth cloud your judgment or anything.
Question everything.
Razor

Post by Razor »

It's not really a matter of judgement, but statistics. I actually work with different branches of Law Enforcement from time to time, I just have no love/respect for the FBI.

Personally, I've worked with a few different sherriff's departments, the Texas Rangers, and a few others. Now, I do have a very healthy respect for the FBI's HRT. Those guys are good, even if they don't get much real practice these days, or at least that we see. Then again HRT recruits from S.W.A.T., SEALs, Rangers, Delta, RECON, and other special teams.
Hostage Rescue Team is a group that I would not want to tangle with.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Razor wrote:It's not really a matter of judgement, but statistics. I actually work with different branches of Law Enforcement from time to time, I just have no love/respect for the FBI.

Personally, I've worked with a few different sherriff's departments, the Texas Rangers, and a few others. Now, I do have a very healthy respect for the FBI's HRT. Those guys are good, even if they don't get much real practice these days, or at least that we see. Then again HRT recruits from S.W.A.T., SEALs, Rangers, Delta, RECON, and other special teams.
Hostage Rescue Team is a group that I would not want to tangle with.
You can't really talk about matters of statistics and shadow paramilitary units in the same breath.
What statistics are out there regarding Delta units success rate?
Question everything.
Razor

Post by Razor »

HRT isn't shadow.

If I knew what Delta's operational tempo and sucess rate was, I'd either be one, in Leavenworth, or my memories would be on the wall, so to speak.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Razor wrote:HRT isn't shadow.
And their success ratio?
Is Ruby Ridge a win?
Waco, Texas?

I sure wouldn't want to tangle with them either.
My house can't stand up to a tank.
My dog can't stand up to a sniper.
Question everything.
Razor

Post by Razor »

I forgot about Waco.

*scratches head*

Probably why they haven't been heard from, or at least part of it. A Press nightmare like that would certainly choke the life out of their funding.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Anything new DK?
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Original Darknyht

Post by Original Darknyht »

Yes, the data has been reported as stolen and the local authorities are looking into it. I suspect there will be a surprise for him when shows his face in public.

Generally, I don't like to get the law involved because it normally brings unwanted attention. However, we want this jerk to be spend a long time in prison being someone's girlfriend

I worked too hard to get back to have this happen.
You are doomed to make choices. This is life's greatest paradox. - Wayne Dyer
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Crime and criminals are infuriating.
May the thieves, bandits, and scoundrels responsible for this be brought to justice.
Question everything.

Return to “Agency Voice”