Leaving Maine

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Holister

Leaving Maine

Post by Holister »

So. I think I have had my fair share of wierdness, monsters, villains, and sheer craziness that comes with living in Cypress Cove. So come August I will be leaving Cypress Cove and moving away.

Turns out the nexus point over our heads is responsible for the unusually high number of incidents that I don't want Molly exposed to. That and I want to get far away from The Chamberlane House and the rest of the bad memories.

So I am thinking I want to move to my grandparents' ranch in Timberline, Wyoming. I inherited it years ago, but my resonsibilites here in town have kept me from going out except for short vactions.

So yes, I will be retiring from being the town sheriff and maybe just settle down with Molly and Duke like I always planned.

Maybe go into the private sector. I don't know quite yet.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Hannah

Re: Leaving Maine

Post by Hannah »

Hi Ben,

You'll not be too far from where I grew up. It's really pretty out there, Molly and Duke will love it.

Hannah

PS: I'd suggest you stop in to see my mother, but I don't think that would go over well.
I will be who I chose to be.
Eilonwy Solstice

Good luck, Ben . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Good luck, Ben . . . with everything.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Yeah.......sure.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Take care of yourself, Ben...

Is everything okay...?
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Peachy
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Yeah, sounds like it... Drop me a line, man.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Well I handed in the keys to the annex today. The building is now on the market. The spare annex gear that wasn't trashed I am selling off, not like is that much left anyway.

Next week I help Carter pack his stuff up and put his cabin on the market. Then Im putting mine on the market the week after.

Oh, by the way. Doc Coltraine died tonight in hospital at 10:30. His last words were..."Take this". What ever that ment. Poor guy.

I guess it was just his time.

RIP - Doctor Joshua Philip Coltraine Esq.
Eilonwy Solstice

He . . . died? How strange . . .

He . . . died? How strange. He was elderly I know, but he seemed in good health. Dr. Coltraine seemed itching to tell me something at the beach the other day. I tried to listen and get him to tell me what it was, but . . . he was evasive. He also talked about you, Ben. He was worried . . . the whole town was worried about you, Ben. Are you still seeing that Dajin woman?
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Weird, I bought retirement property in Wyoming, too.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Holister

Post by Holister »

What...my therapist? Why yes, some here would believe I needed one. I've been seeing her since I got back.

Not thats it any of your business.
Eilonwy Solstice

Whatever happened to Sydney?

. . .

I hope you like Wyoming, Ben.
Holister

Post by Holister »

One more week. Just ..... one..... more..... week.
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

Take it easy, Holister. Make sure you have everything.

And you and I need to chat about those bodies you sent to my clinic. The autopsies were not good.
The flesh is willing, and let's hope the spirit's strong.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Just...one...more...week. Thats all I ask...
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Ok Ben, now your sounding weird..er.

I think someone needs to hike up there and take a good long look at you.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

Just seven days.....

Seven more days.

What can go wrong in just....seven...more.....days.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ethan Skinner wrote:Take it easy, Holister. Make sure you have everything.

And you and I need to chat about those bodies you sent to my clinic. The autopsies were not good.

Well you have till' the end of this week to talk to me about it, after that you can take it up with the guy...Sheriff Angel I think it is. I will be giving him the guided tour this week.

Yeah...this week....just seven....more....days.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Yeah...this week....just seven....more....days.

Whats up with this Ben?

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

He saw The Ring.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

That's not funny KT.

Weird, me saying that.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I'm as concerned about him as anybody else... Don't get me wrong. I wish he would talk to me...but I've tried to talk to him, and he seems to think that just getting away to Wyoming will fix all his problems.

Once someone has made up their mind like that, there's not much you can do to convince them otherwise... They're convinced they're right, that everything will be better once such-and-such has happened, and that anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is wrong... To be brutally honest, I can't handle much more drama in my life at this moment. When Kalle was threatening you in the other thread, it was everything I could do to keep from joining Razor and just flaming or threatening her right back. I'm *still* having to refrain from answering for a bit, just to keep my calm.

So with that in mind, I don't have the kind of level-headedness I need to try to reason with Ben... When he moves to Wyoming, he's going to eventually have to come to terms with the fact that the change only moved his location. His feelings won't change. He's still going to hurt. There will still be paranormal creatures to deal with. There will still be people who will need saving from time to time. When he realizes that, I want him to know that we'll still be here... I don't want his last memories of us to be of us trying to throttle him verbally, telling him he's not making sense.

So I made a joke... Hopefully, somewhere inside himself, he saw it, and let out at least a bit of a chuckle, because Ben always had a warped sense of humor. If I offended you, or him, then I'm sorry.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

You didn't offend me KT, its just...this doesn't feel right. Everytime I read one of Ben's posts, the hairs on the back of my neck start to crawl. This is Ben, remember. Next to me, he's got the least stable mental defenses. He needs to be looked over, thoroughly.

As for Kalle...I am what I am and all she said was the truth. As she saw it.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I haven't gotten that feeling from reading his posts... Just...loneliness and despair. But then again, what do I know? I wasn't that psychic before I lost my abilities... That's not me being sarcastic or bitter, I swear. I don't know if something's wrong with him that way... I just know he's been hurt bad, he's upset, and that when he's hurt and upset, he tends to withdraw...

If something's wrong, then I'm sorry. It's not my intention to brush it off or aside. I just don't see something wrong, personally, and this falls under the realm of what I feel I can expect from him... I just think he's very upset, that's all.

And again, I want him to know he has friends here...
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Need I remind you of what happened the last time he was very upset.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Alright, but...I can't do it. I can't afford a ticket to fly, right now, not financially, nor time-wise... I wish I could, but...
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Someone does need to have a chat with Ben, we can agree on that. Now it is just a question of who goes to have that chat.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I would, but right now I'm too busy helping Thorne out.

WWVLD
Razor

Post by Razor »

To be honest, it sounds to me that Ben is indeed, hurt, and upset. But also, his mind is partially fractured, a bit shell-shocked. If nothing else, that damage needs to be braced so that it can heal better. The mind can be healed faster, but that is only for some people as the mind sometimes needs to work out things for itself.

The other thing that really bugs me about this, is even though the date keeps changing, he keeps saying 7 days. He's been doing that for at least three. That says to me he's not tracking time. Hence another part of his fractured mind. Another aspect that bugs me is suggesting that it's faulty mental programming. It sounds like someone has hit him with a Suggestion, or other mental compulsion, probably taking advantage of the recent breakup to weedle into his defenses and move him out of town for a strike at the Cove, if someone's wanting to take another shot at it.

Either that or get Ben out in the open, to take a shot at him.

So yes, someone needs to pick his mind over, very carefully. And maybe a team should be put together and sent back to the Cove to sniff around. And if they do go, take a very good look and investigation of Ben's whereabouts before, during, and after the BBQ.

That's gonna be difficult I know. Colonel Mustard, in the study, with the candlestick.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Eilonwy Solstice

Hasn’t Ben’s mind been “picked over” enough times?

Hasn’t Ben’s mind been “picked over” enough times for your satisfaction, Konrad? Someone needs to talk with him . . . man to man, human to human, whatever. He and Michael . . . I don’t know if it’s related, but they’re very similar. What they need to have is a friend to listen to them, instead of a team of coldbloods going into to “make things right.”

Ben, I wish you would talk with us, please.