With more and more people in the world; why.............?

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
Holister

With more and more people in the world; why.............?

Post by Holister »

Why haven't there been more sightnings and experiences of people and the occult and the supernatural.

Surely with 6 to 7 BILLION people in the world, surely we can not be the only ones seeing this stuff.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Ron Caliburn

Re: With more and more people in the world; why.............?

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I think in one of Lazlo's books he talks about how the average person's psyche rationalizes stuff to prevent it from having to deal with that which it is not prepared to.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

There's another thing... The more disbelievers who gather in an area, the less likely it is that they will spot anything out of the ordinary. Their belief that the world is a secure, absolutely mundane place grants a kind of invisibility to the monsters that stalk the shadows. I used to believe that it repelled them, because people weren't seeing them...but after being in the Chicagoland area--and after talking with Ron about the Blight--I can't believe that to be the case, anymore...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Logan

Post by Logan »

Society does not want to see things too far out of the ordinary. Since the average persons don't want to know, and the average politicians don't want to know, and the politicians that do know don't want to belive what they know, they creat organizations that help them not to see, to help maintain the illusion that mankind is teh top of the food chain.
Holister

Post by Holister »

It could be that mankind as a whole is too damn ignorant and proud to acknowledge that it might not be the dominant species on this planet.

Juz cause we have opposible thumbs and can count on one hand we beleive that we are superior.

The more of us there are, the more arrogant we become. People put blind faith in their superiors and leaders, when truth be told, they are often more scared than the rest of us.

Plus I also have a theory....its like thisssssssssssssssssssssssZXHJN

Sorry about that. My finger slipped on the keyboard. Ignore my rant, I am probably drunk again.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

So it's the old "if I don't see it in front of me, it don't exist" rationale? Gee, somehow I was expecting something a little more complex.
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

Yet, the same people believe in God. funny how that works,huh.

Not that I don't believe in God.
Following in the steps of good men.
Eilonwy Solstice

That sentence has an entirely new meaning for me . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

concrete_Angel wrote:So it's the old "if I don't see it in front of me, it don't exist" rationale? Gee, somehow I was expecting something a little more complex.

That sentence has an entirely new meaning for me, now. And yet, ironically, I believe it’s true for many of those people who don’t believe.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Logan wrote:Society does not want to see things too far out of the ordinary. Since the average persons don't want to know, and the average politicians don't want to know, and the politicians that do know don't want to belive what they know, they creat organizations that help them not to see, to help maintain the illusion that mankind is teh top of the food chain.

Thus ensuring that when the next grat migation hits - we're unprepared to survive.

Delta Sierra
mrslater13

Post by mrslater13 »

Most people ion the world are trapped in what the early sociologist Max Weber called the "iron cage" of formal rationality. Anything that doesn't fit in their world view gets marginalized and explained away. There are a lot of concepts relating to the dehumanization of large sections of the population in there as well. . .

That and nega-psychics, never underestimate the number and power of those guys. :wink:
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Also there stands to reason some supernatural predators may be able mask them selves from the vast majority of humans. Perhaps a very low level psionic ability that clouds a mind, and some people are immune to it.

Michael T.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Not to mention the fact that world goverments, and other agencies, actively cover up the existence of the supernatural...

God, I sound like Ron now. :roll:
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

And what's wrong with that?

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well... :mrgreen:

WWVLD
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Ignorance is Bliss.

And assuming for a moment one lives in a world where there are creatures that prey on emotions, not seeing them is a viable survival strategy. However, in such a world, some things that go bump in the night don't want to be seen. Therefore a percentage of the population must be kept aware and capable of dealing with the threat to the species.

Such being the case, it is likely that any government will eventually gather enough knowledge and see enough patterns to begin to reason things out. Keeping the populace ignorant becomes a priority, not for some secret agenda but for that populations own survival. Such a government (or other organization charged with protecting people) would also look for, observe and perhaps even recruit those portions of the population that are aware of the larger picture.

In such a world, someone equipped with the tools to deal with the unseen threats to the species might find odd things happening around them (above and beyond the paranormal). They could find, for instance that despite leaving unbelievable amounts of evidence at a crime scene that they are not investigated. Perhaps they would be followed around and observed by generic gentleman. It is possible that every attempt they make to make the 'truth' known would be covered up and actively opposed.

Then again, a freightening possibility is the idea that the government(s) is(are) controlled by outside forces with their own agenda. That in fact, all that is seen is an illusion and those who think they have a wider picture are in fact as fooled by the elaborate tapestry as everyone else. They become simple pawns, being manuevered between forces they can have no true comprehension of, being used to take out a higher powers agents.

But all of this is simply a mental exercise for me. Only you can figure out what kind of place the world you live in is.

As a friend once told me, "Perception is reality."
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Holister

Post by Holister »

Simple solution....have someone record us on our "assignments" and post it on YouTube like that time when Azrael fought Celeste.

Alot of people saw that.

Opened alot of eyes too. Gov'ment can't shut them eyes once they been opened that's for sure.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I tried it once . . . action moved too fast and the camera guy wasn't able to keep up and get anything other than some shots of me discharging firearms within city limits.

Had to destroy the footage so it couldn't be used agaisnt me.

I've also tried mounting cameras on my guns, but so far I haven't been able to get a camera with good enough resolution, that when ruggidized to stand up to the type of beating it will take, isn't too heavy to comfortably mount on my gun withut removing an essential piece of kit.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

You just can't get a reliable photograph of the things I'm used to dealing with...or rather, that I used to deal with on a daily basis.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Carter & Derik were working on that problem. Kell over at The Brick had volanteered to be the model. They spent a week recording her transformation to and back...and while she was in her lupine form.

They finally got it working and now its a pile of smashed crap on the floor, right over there next to the coffee pot and the Kirlain.
Holister

Post by Holister »

{Groan} Its too early in the mornng for this crap. Her posts are starting to sound like nails against a chalkboard.

Miss Dawes; believe however the Hell you want, regardless of what you believe the supernatural does exist. And unlike Tinkerbell, it does not need you believe that it does exist, cause its gonna exist anyway.

That is why theis society was founded. To protect the innocent, and in your case ignorant, from very nasty things that want to eat you!!! So unless you are willing to just, for a moment, concieve that what we discuss may be true and see for yourself, your just another close minded skeptic that won't except the truth, even when it does present itself.

Prove me right or prove me wrong. The opportunity will present itself this Memorial Day weekend at my BBQ and Lazlo Society retreat. Be there to see the truth for yourself or have yourself a steamin' cup of SHUT THE HELL UP!!!
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

Uh, Mr. Holister, she was actually being civil and she has a point. I have seen people that are so sure that something is real that they start seeing it. I am not saying she is correct in her observations of us but there are times it has happened.

Besides she is allowed to have her own oppinion, is she not? She seems like she ligitamently wants to learn and find proof of the supernatural/paranormal.

Perhaps you could tell us of the circumstances that led you to investigate the supernatural Miss Dawes?
Following in the steps of good men.
Eilonwy Solstice

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Holister wrote:Simple solution....have someone record us on our "assignments" and post it on YouTube like that time when Azrael fought Celeste.

Alot of people saw that.

Ben . . . I . . . well, I haven’t seen it obviously, but I have read the comments posted on it. Seeing isn’t believing, unfortunately.

Ron’s assured me it’s not as clear as it could be, though Hannah says I was awesome. (blush)

As for my own opinion on filming events of that nature . . . it’s dangerous. I’ll leave it at that.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Sir Typhis Black

Post by Sir Typhis Black »

Unfornately Miss Dawes, not all of us are blessed with the option of merely being scholars practing the academica of occult study or the privalage of labwork in parapsychology. Some, if I may not dare say, a good deal of us, are hunters. Those who have dedicated our very lives to elimiate that which would otherwise prey on the innocent.

If our general line of " Q & A " tends to reflect our occupation and its activities. Then I must appologize. Your words however do have merit. Surely there must be those members here at the society that lean toward the scholarly aspect of this field. Maybe if that is the case you be so inclined as to provide Miss Dawes with the academica she is requesting.

Thank You and G'Night.
"It is best to fight the good fight and die with your enemy's heart in your hand."
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Sir Black, it's a Catch 22. I have her on my block list, and I don't read her posts anymore, but there's a reason for that... If you try to explain and rationalize the existence of the paranormal to her, she demands proof. Proof demands going out into the field and showing her, and that requires a hunter. Even when she sees potential evidence, she rationalizes and explains it all away.

You can't win. I don't bother trying, anymore. The last post of hers I read was her trying to engage me in a flame war again for saying I respected her but didn't like her attitude. That shot down any potential respect I might've had for her, so now I don't read her posts. Let her have her hot air; I'm moving on with my life. I have better things to do than entertain her.
Prometheus Ping

Post by Prometheus Ping »

Sophoroto wrote:Yet, the same people believe in God. funny how that works,huh.

Not that I don't believe in God.

Which one? There are so many to choose from. Krishna is nice and often very wise.
As to why most people don't experience this stuff, it may be because it is very rare experience. Now, much of it is probably mistaken, but some may be actual. Orbs have been debunked as dust, then again only the gullible ever fell for those anyway. We must make sure that in our efforts to combat real supernatural threats that we not start seeing demons in every unfortunate event and under every bed. Remember the boy who cried wolf?
Peng Tai

Post by Peng Tai »

[quote="Prometheus Ping]We must make sure that in our efforts to combat real supernatural threats that we not start seeing demons in every unfortunate event and under every bed. Remember the boy who cried wolf?[/quote]

I do remeber that fable. And those people who do are the ones who discredit our Society and ways.

If the normal person doesn't want to believe they can live in their fairy-tale, perfect world of science and leave us to our jobs, no matter how unlawful they may be.

As for proof, they can check our scars and our wounds and spend a night with us, see if they believe now! That is if they're not killed or drivin mad by our profession.

When people are born they are not immersed in our world, but in the world of science and ignorance which conditions them to think we are just telling stories. Fuck them!
Its tasted the flesh of man, and it wants more!
Holister

Post by Holister »

I like this guy's spunk. :D
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Peng Tai, why so much resentment, so much anger? Perhaps if instead of fighting the powers of the land, those here each simply chose two others, and passed on the wisdom of experience, better fortune would be had in the endeavor of educating people to their plight.

Out of classes of hundreds, even thousands, the great masters had but a few disciples each, yet it was the fewer (the disciples), not the greater, who expanded our wisdom.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Li-sensei is right, Master Peng... I have as much reason to resent people as anyone; every day, I witness people being horrendously rude to each other on the streets. Every day, I witness people cutting each other off, refusing to let each other enter or merge, and just generally being rude as hell to each other... I know most or all of them are ignorant that what we fight is real. Should I choose to let them fall victim to these creatures, just because they are assholes?
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Your lucky KT, all you do is SEE. I SEE, FEEL, and TASTE all that rudeness, distrust and misery. Its why I'm vacating Chicago as fast as possible.

WWVLD