Luck curse

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
KonThaak

Luck curse

Post by KonThaak »

I think I may need help here... I have reason to believe that there's some kind of curse travelling around at my place of employment (the UPS in Palatine, IL).

Let me start at the beginning... On Monday, after 8 weeks of no injuries and no auto accidents, one of our drivers sustained an injury bad enough that they had to record it. On the same day, one of my pickup stops informed me that I no longer had to pick up from him, because his company had been evicted.

On Tuesday, bright and early in the morning, one of our drivers got into a fatal accident with another car. Our driver was okay; the driver of the other car died an hour after the accident, and his wife, who was in the passenger's seat, was, as of that night, in critical condition.

On that same day, the engine in my truck blew up. Not literally; I wasn't harmed, but it ceased working.

On Wednesday, another of our drivers backed into a house. There's not much I can say about this; we needed to do pay for extensive repairs to the building itself. One of my delivery stops complained that his engine had blown up that morning, and that he almost missed my delivery, because he'd had to drive a loaner from the shop.

And then, today...

There were TWO (count them, two) auto accidents I had to maneuver around just getting to work in the first place this morning. After fighting to get around the jams, I was almost late...but that didn't matter much, because all the drivers had to sit in the center and wait for a truckload of Next Days that had been delayed by weather at the airport. We weren't dispatched until an hour after our scheduled start time...and when we have deadlines to keep on those Next Days, things like that make it nearly impossible to meet those deadlines.

I ran my butt off, and made up for a lot of lost time. I was almost caught up to where I should've been, when I messed up... I was trying to drive down an alley (required for making deliveries to the backs of a good number of businesses), and found myself trying to squeeze my truck between a phone pole and a van with a ladder lashed to the top. As I'm sure pretty much all of you have noticed, our package cars' mirrors stick out a good deal. My mirror clipped the edge of the ladder, doing damage to the ladder itself, the ladder rack, the van's rain gutter, and my mirror.

After half an hour, we finally got everything sorted out, and I set back to doing my job, and trying again to make up for lost time... This lasted a good fifteen minutes, before my board (the electronic "clipboard" that UPS drivers use) stopped functionning. For 45 minutes, I was reduced to writing down addresses, package numbers, and getting signatures on paper, which slowed me down an unbelievable amount, before my manager was able to bring me another board.

Now, I would normally write all this off as being a bad day, right down to and including how much my supervisors and managers yelled at me for causing the third accident in as many days...except that after all this, at one of my stops, a 3-year-old told me there was "something bad on my wings". I thought maybe I'd misheard him, but when I asked what he meant, he pointed at my back and said, "Your wings! There's something bad on them."

I know that children are supposed to be able to see energy and auras and stuff, so I'm fairly well convinced that someone, somehow, for some reason, has dropped a curse, and I picked it up somewhere. Any ideas on what it might be, and how I can deal with it? Much more bad luck, and I may be out of a job... With a child on the way, that's not something I can afford.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... &cset=true

Disappointingly enough, that's all that's been said about the fatal crash on Tuesday, that I can find...

Edit: Taken from the Chicago Tribune...
WonderingMind

Post by WonderingMind »

Shheeesh, I thought I was having a bad week.. And I am waiting for a package from Michigan to come by UPS. Perhaps that is why it is delayed? :shock:

I find that when I am having a string a bad luck or some negative energy a good way to clear it up is to go the San Xavier mission and spend some time in the annex. I am not religious by any stretch, and definitely not Catholic, but the old building has a lot of good energy. Just sit quietly and soak up the positive energy. I think that most old spiritual sites should give you about the same result. There are some really nice sites up in the White Mountains (Native sacred sites) and places out near Sedona AZ that are just wonderful for cleansing.

Here is a picture of the Mission.
http://www.jdlphotos.com/mercantool/mto ... egory_ID=7
Keep your eyes and mind open and you just might see something interesting.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Heh, thanks... There's an old Catholic ground within driving distance of here that would work quite well for that, except that last time I was there, I felt deep peace overshadowed by the feeling that I was trespassing...

Probably because I'm both pagan and heretic, I'm guessing.

But yeah, there's plenty of other places around here that should work for that. Thanks for the input...

Not sure if anything's happened today; I'll find out on Tuesday, I guess.
WonderingMind

Post by WonderingMind »

One of your local Wicca covens should be able to sort you right out then. And, you should get after it this weekend. Since this is a long weekend you will not have to rush and take half measures.

Blessed be. :wink:
WonderingMind

Post by WonderingMind »

Just checking in to see how your week went. I hope all went well.

WM
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Funny you should ask today, of all days... From last Friday to this Thursday, everything was nice and quiet.

Today, one of our drivers got hit by a car while jumping out of his truck to make a delivery. He'll live; broken arm, broken toe, possibly other injuries, but he'll live...

Seems the curse is still alive and well, despite my best efforts to the contrary.
WonderingMind

Post by WonderingMind »

I will get some of my friends from the White Mountain Apache Tribe to see if they can do anything from here.

:? WM
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Appreciate it. Thanks.

Return to “War Stories”