Belgium

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Gothicfox

Belgium

Post by Gothicfox »

Hello, I' am a first time caller. A friend of mine told me about this, said I could get some like minded people in on my story I got burning in my head to tell. Where I work, US Army, people wrote my story down as an exposure accident to post-World War two chemical weapons. Most of you know better that some people want to bury the truth cause they don't want to believe it. I can't say I even believe it, but I know what I saw and how this sceniro down.

I'm no professional hunter of big foot or bela logosi wearing evening wear. I join the army, they said I had a future in the pregtigious special forces and there I was; Belgium.

My unit and I were training with the Belguim spec op in field manuvers, cournter terrorism, see whose the biggest badest mofo. You know, guy stuff. My boys and I were playing go-seek with a Belguim unit. My main weapon was a red crayola magic marker I used to simulate knife attacks, an actual kabar, and minimum about of supplies to survive in the wilderness.

I was scoping out a trail, tailing some Belguim soldiers who were up to something. What i found instead was an old bunker. It was sixty years old and never seen human occupation for a long time. I took my time scouting it out figuring the guys were using it for cover. It didn't take me long to figure out that no one been around this place for a long time. There was still weapons mounted, but completely fallen to the ravages of time; i.e. rusted pieces of crap. It got more interesting when I found the door wide open....

Okay, my hands are starting to shake. I need to get a drink before I continue this little pyscho-f*ck drama.
Gothicfox

Post by Gothicfox »

OKay, back with a relax state of mind after getting out in the real world and doing some work for Uncle Sam.

I found the door to a bunker wide open. The inside showed more of what was outside. Rusted metal, area's where small animals had made homes, and a really old skeleton in the back of the bunker. I had to go down some stairs just to find that, luckily I had my break neck flashlight to see where I was going.

Indications clearly made thsi out to be a german bunker for World War II. The body was even wearing the rags of a german infantry uniform. There was no way to figure out how this guy died, but he died with his boney hands still pressing against a steel door that was sealed up tight. Yes my dear, that is indeed a strange thing. It indicated that he died closing that very door, expeling his life breath to make sure it sealed for all time. This presented alot of problems. If the allies had made it to this place, it wouldn't be here still. It would probably have people lining up to tour it as a museum piece from the second great war. There were no indications other the animal signs that any one had ever been here since this poor soul fell dead to the ground.

This begged a great many questions that rattled through my bonebox. You experts ought to figure out the next thing I did. I moved the body aside and open the fricking door. See kids, even well traiend adults make bone headed mistakes.

Moving on, the halls behind the steel door were made up of mortar and cement, like the outside of the bunker. Obviously this ential some time and effort on the Germans part. Was the bunker part of a long lost installation or just the top part of a obversation post with quarters located underground in case of enemy attack. The air was very stale and the dust swirled thick like a dust storm. Naturally the lights were out and I doubt seriously that they would ever work again after six decades. So little ole' me and Mr. Break-neck flashlight took off down the hall, making a few turns. There was a definite incline downwards as I walked. To avoid the danger of military shelling the place would have to be deep. Back in this era of warfare they didn't have the really big bombs we do today. You could be safe for a long time here from any kind of attack as long as the enemy did nto find where you got your air from. Then there would be running out of supplies, but I was pretty sure this elebrater setup provided everything.

The thought crossing my mind was that this place had been abandoned and several guards posted to keep nosey people out. I'm pretty sure they hightailed it for some reason or another. Which meant they left in a big hurry and left behind a comrade to lock the place up. MOre questions and no answers; that was bothering me.

The floor leveled out and was in a larger hallway. Metal gurders were put to refinforce the ceiling and I got the first glimsp of natural rock behind the brick and morter. Indications that the halls were once natural tunnels and the Germans had used the natural terrian to build their little fort. I did find doors, I found the supplies, ancient munitions that were way past expired. I found some guns too, they were in better shape then the machine gun up top, but I wasn't about to test firing them till I had our armor check them out first. Another GI picking up a nazi Luger as a souviner. It was fricking cool.

I went a little further, checking out some offices. I can't read german so I didn't know anything the documents that were scattered on the floors said. It did look like people had been in a hurry. A real big hurry cause nothing was destoryed, which would have been done if the Allies had been on their way to his place. No, something happen to cause a stir but no indications of what.

So like a putz I kept checking the place out. That should of been where I turned around and told someone about what I found. IF I did I wouldn't still have these nightmares I get twice a week.

See, past the offices, thats where I found freash foot prints in the dust... and they weren't mine.

More later though. Got debrief coming up and LT is beating on my door.
WonderingMind

Post by WonderingMind »

I am waiting for the rest of your story on the Belgium thread. I would like more info. Please note that intact undiscovered WW2 German bunkers are very valuable form an academic stand point. :)
Keep your eyes and mind open and you just might see something interesting.
Gothicfox

Post by Gothicfox »

From an academic stand point I can agree. But don't make plans to come to this particular bunker any time soon. It got renovated by yours truely, but more on that later.

Stupid me decided to go follow the tracks made in the thick dust that was my only companion in the bunker. It lead to, whoa, more stairs, going down deeper. This weren't the nice stairs you see in your locale bunker, but old rusted almost through stairs. I went down the stairs and the dust started to disappear being replaced with damp and musk of a cave.

Conclusion time. Germans made the little installations from a previous cave system, probably a mine judging by the wood supports I found in the tunnel that the stairs ended at. They might have been reinforced some sixty years ago but it was starting to show its age. Unlike the upper floor this was a real hole in the ground cave. Mishapen stone walls, wooden reinforced beams, and even a those old electrical lights from back in the day.

Naturally, the lights didn't work here either.

Mr. Flashlight and I looked about for signs of the other guy. If this was a mine he might have came in through the other side and beat feet when he heard me skulking about. I wouldn't blame him either as I would have done the same thing. Should have done the same thing when I saw the tracks, but I'm silly like that.

I walked a few dozen feet down the tunnel, looking about for anything else interesting. I saw broken crates, old oil burning laterns long shattered. It look like this place was the scene of people running their butts off for some reason.

About this time I started to think about that movie, 'The Keep'. I get chills up my spine and push that thought out of my head quickly. I'm a trained professional, I know fear is my worst enemy and I did not need to entertaine him with thoughts of german soul-sucking monsters.

Still with that in the back of my mind, I turned a bend and found a room closed with a steel door. The tunnel kept going, a steady in cline downward. The door was more interesting cause it had that universal 'no open flame' sign on it. My surprise grew by leaps and bounds when I turned the wheel to open the door and it turned just as smoothly as it would have if properly maintined. Something that did tip me off that something was no longer kosher.

Inside was a nice stockpile of vinate weapons. Oh, no guns, mind you. Just stock piles of surplus mortal rounds and shells for heavy hitting artillery from the WW II era. It was dry in here despite the outside. Everything was stacked up neatly and in order.

Then this german soldier open up on me like it was friggin' D-day all over again.

And the boys in my squad want me to be Designated Driver tonight. More on this later.

Return to “War Stories”