Sunday dinner ain't what it used to be

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Ron Caliburn

Sunday dinner ain't what it used to be

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Canibalism has long been the official cover story for grotesque attacks by human looking monsters and savage acts by possessed individuals. So with that in mind, have a read of this and tell me what you think really happened.

Texas woman killed, mutilated by boyfriend in possible cannibalism case wrote:By Paul J. Weber, The Associated Press

TYLER, Texas - A 21-year-old Texas woman was killed and mutilated by her boyfriend in a bizarre case on the weekend that police say may have involved cannibalism.

"You can't sleep. You can't think straight anymore," said Amy Gage, a friend and neighbour of the victim, Jana Shearer.

"Then you just keep finding out more and more. It's the most difficult thing anyone can go through."

Shearer's boyfriend, Christopher Lee McCuin, 25, was charged with capital murder after police said they found her body, an ear boiling in a pot on a stovetop, and a hunk of flesh with a fork in it on a plate at the crime scene.

McCuin, wearing a jail-issue red jumpsuit, was not asked to enter a plea as he appeared before state District Judge Jack Skeen Jr. on Monday. Skeen continued McCuin's bond at $2 million and appointed a lawyer to represent him.

Authorities said McCuin's comments in a 911 call led them to discover Shearer's body and also to believe he may have intended to eat his girlfriend's remains.

However, they said it was unclear whether McCuin consumed any part of her body before they arrived.

Smith County Sheriff Lt. Larry Wiginton told the Tyler Morning-Telegraph that McCuin told investigators that God made him kill Shearer.

The judge sealed the arrest and search warrant affidavits and issued a gag order in the case, which has shocked this East Texas town about 175 kilometres east of Dallas.

Gage said McCuin and Shearer had only been dating a few months. She remembered Shearer as an unflappably happy friend who had a knack for making her neighbours laugh.

"We really want to focus on her being a person who loved life, and not what happened to her," Gage said. "It was such a tragedy. We have to try to focus on the fact that Jana was a good person."

Officials believe Shearer was taken by McCuin from her home late Friday night and killed. Authorities said McCuin then drove to his estranged wife's home, where he stabbed William Veasley, 42. No report was available early Tuesday on his condition.

McCuin was still at his estranged wife's home when deputies arrived, but he jumped into his car and escaped after a short chase, said Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith.

McCuin wasn't seen again until Saturday morning, when he arrived at the home he shared with his mother and called her into the garage so she could "come see what he had done," Smith said.

His mother and her boyfriend saw the remains of Shearer, authorities said. McCuin's mother and her boyfriend fled the home and flagged down a police officer.

Meanwhile, McCuin dialled 911 after they left and told an emergency dispatcher he had killed Shearer and was boiling her body parts, Smith said.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

That is one sick mother fucker.

I mean, seriously.

:shock:
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I think it was possession or a shape shifting demon personally.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Could be.

Or he could've just been a very disturbed person.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Being possessed by a demon does that.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

I wouldn't know.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Unfortunately, Ron, sometimes people do shit like this... Sometimes people are that sick. I wish we could blame every case like this on the paranormal, but we can't discount the possibility that it was just him, sailing over the edge...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Wolf Brutscher

Post by Wolf Brutscher »

You know ron I had a case about a year ago that was very simaler
but the boys in blak jumped on it so fast it never saw the lite of day.
I do have to agree thoug this world is fild with more than it's shaer
of nuters and it could be just that some one who has lost it.
Over kill is a good thing:)
Razor

Post by Razor »

I don't know. I feel something very wrong about this case. Anybody notice the confession he gave, that 'god' told him to do it? Maybe not posession, but he certainly could have been influenced, or even mind controlled. I know that most people aren't supposed to be capable of something like that under mind control... -supposedly-. It all depends on influence, and how it's done though.

If he were made to believe on just about all levels that there was nothing wrong with it, and that it was perfectly acceptable and he was told by a higher power to do so, then that's a very hard thing to shake.

He -could- just be messed up though. I think if it was a case of mind-control then someone simply amplified whatever latent mental illness he may have had.

If either are the case though, perhaps somebody should keep an eye on Tyler, TX and the region around it. I'm too far away to be capable of overwatch directly but I can start keeping watch from the Astral if need be.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

If someone could convince a person there were nothing wrong with this sort of behavior, then that person already had problems to begin with, and the controller didn't really do much to help the situation along.

The fact that he made the call to 911 proves that he knows that what he did was wrong, and perhaps that he hadn't wanted to do it, but through whatever compulsion, did it anyway. Usually these compulsions are linked to psychoses, neuroses, and sociopathies... Even in cases where paranormal means are used to control a person, that control can only go so far. As Razor said, one would have to be able to convince the victim of mind control that such acts don't go against their moral codes... Psychotics, neurotics, and sociopaths lack that moral code, so they make better targets.

So as far as I'm concerned, even if the bastard's a victim of mind control, he's still guilty of the crime, no matter how you slice it. He was capable of doing it; that's all that matters.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

I'm willing to believe it's an especially twisted sociopath. I don't believe that ALL the crazy stuff that happens in our world has to be supernatural. Whether that's because I don't want to believe or not is still in the air, I suppose, but I've made my statement.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

To blame all attrocities on the paranormal is to deny that humankind is capable of attrocities...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Amen to that KT.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

There's been a lot of cases like this in the last few years. Many of them have a religious undertone.
The flesh is willing, and let's hope the spirit's strong.

Return to “Community Outreach”