New Start

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Ron Caliburn

New Start

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'm going to step up onto my soapbox for a little bit here folks.

In the nearly 3 years I've been coming here, this board has changed a lot.

We started as a collection of individuals interested in finding the truth about the supernatural or protecting the innocents from the monsters that crept through the shadows around us.

Now we spend our time accusing each other of becoming those monsters, squabbling over insignifigant details of opinion and threatening each other.

I'm not going to point fingers here, I'd spend a good bunch of the time pointing at mself if we did.

I just think it's time we focus on why we're here - the mystery and the monsters - and less time on our disagreements with each other.

I'm going to put away the soap box now and go out and look for some folks lost in the Blight.

Have a good New Year.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Thanks, Ron... I don't know that I could've said it better myself. Good luck in your endeavors...

I've been trying to keep the peace as much as I can... If more of us work towards that goal, I know we can achieve it in the new year.

Happy New Year, folks... I hope all y'all get to spend it with folks you love and care about.

Ron, I hope you celebrated with Ei and Hannah before you went out...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

well Vampires are monsters and "blights" on our society. Is it ok to destroy them?

Happy New Years everyone! (not everything).
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
Eilonwy Solstice

Well put, Ron . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Well put, Ron. People try to come here to read about the supernatural, not about the posters’ problems. Could we please oblige those who want to learn about the supernatural?
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Now we spend our time accusing each other of becoming those monsters, squabbling over insignifigant details of opinion and threatening each other.

In all seriousness, thats half the fun. I enjoy a good argument, helps me wind down after a long day.

Still, it would be nice to actually discuss business for once, instead of constantly defending my good name.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

GhostSpider wrote:

In all seriousness, thats half the fun. I enjoy a good argument, helps me wind down after a long day.

Still, it would be nice to actually discuss business for once, instead of constantly defending my good name.
you havent tried defending your "good" name yet. atleast not convinvingly. I offered you chances to do so with promises of no harm while you meet with me.

I made the same deal with Gabriel and although I dont trust him, I forgive him.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I offered you chances to do so with promises of no harm while you meet with me.

You did?

When and where?

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

He's got a point, Andrew... Ever since you found the victims of that attack, I've only seen threats coming from your quarter...and while I can fully understand and appreciate why you're upset, I don't recall you making the offer of a chance to Konrad that Gabe and I asked for...

Then again, Konrad, Andrew has a point, too. A lot of us have tried to support you through this, hoping to get an explanation. You sounded like you were about to, when you asked about the perp's eye... If the perp in question is reading this, the fact that you asked about the eye would reveal to the perp that you suspect him...so I see no harm in you offering up an explanation of who you suspect and why.

This is a thread dedicated to new beginnings...and both of you stand with one foot in the wrong and one foot in the right. If we can reach a peaceable agreement between the two of you, I think it would have some far-reaching and positive ramifications over the Society as a whole...

To this end, I'd like to offer my home as neutral territory. I swear, by all I love, by all I hold dear, and by all I regard as holy, that both of you will be safe in my home, so long as neither of you arrive intending to harm the other or me and my family. I wouldn't mind mediating between the two of you, until we are satisfied we have come to the truth of the matter.

What say you both?
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

GhostSpider wrote:
I offered you chances to do so with promises of no harm while you meet with me.

You did?

When and where?
I have asked you in various posts and threads here to show us your proof, to explain what is going on. Only you tuck tail and hide.

Fucking vampire.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Sorry, Ron... It was a lovely gesture, while it lasted.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Actually KT, I'm missing the eye, not the perp. Its not something he would've known at the time, so if he had both eyes...

As for meeting at your place KT, I'm game if Pendragon is. I've collected some pretty convincing proof, with some help, and I've been planning on bringing it to the attention of someone, but circumstances dictated that it wasn't the right time. If Pendragon is willing to put his hate of vampires on the back-burner for an hour or two, I'll have no problem meeting with him.

WWVLD
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

GhostSpider wrote:Actually KT, I'm missing the eye, not the perp. Its not something he would've known at the time, so if he had both eyes...

As for meeting at your place KT, I'm game if Pendragon is. I've collected some pretty convincing proof, with some help, and I've been planning on bringing it to the attention of someone, but circumstances dictated that it wasn't the right time. If Pendragon is willing to put his hate of vampires on the back-burner for an hour or two, I'll have no problem meeting with him.
I can agree to this. I wont be unarmed, but I will come with the intention of hearing you out and giving you your chance just I did for Gabe.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Excellent. Now, since it's Sunday night, and I work all week, let's plan for this upcoming Saturday... I'd like to start trying to put all of this behind us.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Alright, Saturday it is.

WWVLD
Eilonwy Solstice

Luck to you.

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Good luck to you, guys.

I hope you can work this all out.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetings from Maine

Why does it sound as though I have been missing out on some things. Igo offline for a few weeks, and stuff happens?

Anyone care to fill me in?

Oh, Hi Ron...good luck and say hi to Hannah from me, Molly, & Duke.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Well, if you weren't here for the big GS vs. Pendragon debate, you didn't miss much. If you weren't here for Ron's big issues, then join the club. If you are interested, I'm back in MD. If not, then what the hell. :D
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well, I'm glad to see you have your sense of humor back Angel. :wink:

WWVLD

Return to “Community Outreach”