March - July 2008

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Natasha

March - July 2008

Post by Natasha »

August will explode with activity; but until then.......
  • March 7 - New Moon.
  • March 20 - The Vernal Equinox occurs in the northern hemisphere at 05:48 Universal Time. Equal amounts of day and night; first day of Spring. Russians everywhere rejoice.
  • March 21 - Full Moon. Aaaaaooooo!
  • April 6 - New Moon.
  • April 20 - Full Moon. Bark at the Moon...
  • May 5 - New Moon.
  • May 20 - Full Moon. ....
  • June 3 - New Moon.
  • June 18 - Full Moon. Werewolves get ready for summer.
  • June 20 - The Summer Solstice occurs in the northern hemisphere at 23:59 Universal Time. The Sun is at its highest point in the sky; the longest day of the year. First day of summer.
  • July 3 - New Moon.
  • July 9 - Jupiter at opposition. Jupiter is closest to Earth and is the best time to view and photograph the Giant planet and its moons.
  • July 18 - Full Moon. Werewolves are happy they don't have to go out during the daytime in the summer heat and humidity.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Natasha "Doom Sayer", hath spoken. All heed her warnings.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

That's a glimpse into my life.

Finding these things out and then digging through the intel looking for something, anything suggesting that these powerful events are in someone's planner :P
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

These events swell nexus points with energy. Mages love them, especially if they have a few people to draw from. We keep tabs on several of them that we know about and constantly are looking for more. They're not all dangerous, but they're not the ones sneaking around Karelia creating zombie and/or lich hoards or god knows what. All I really care about is stopping them. Natasha's analysis and reporting greatly increases our chances of doing that.

I hope her contributions will help others in the Society do similar good things.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Having a quick-and-ready reminder here helps me out a bunch... These days, I can barely keep track of up from down, let alone what dates these events fall on...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Wow you need to get some rest man.

You're immune system is weakening, both against natural and supernatural born things. Reaction and decision making dulls, too.

I hope you get some rest, for all reasons.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So the summer soltice will happen within 1 minute to midnight in the UK?

Anybody else think that we might need to get some plane tickets?
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Given the role of both solstice and midnight in nexus point energy, I'd say definitely yes. I talked to a guy at the embassy and what the Brits were thinking about and he just replied, "deeeeep shit lassie."

Stonehenge and some other places only the local nuts and paranormal cops know about are potentially extremely bloody battlegrounds; even if there are no mages summoning supernasties, we know how they like to rip through the fabric even without summoning rituals going on...

Some possible headlines:

1. Live from Stonehenge.... and behind the reporter, Scorched Earth.
2. This ain't no crop circle joke.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Fortunately or unfortunately, those well known places tend to collect gatherings opf people trying to conenct with some sort of neo-pagan lifestyle. The pressence of large numbers of people tends to dampen supernatural events - but gives a large store of ready made victims if something does occur.

Delta Sierra
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Aye.

The weather will be nice, but it's also midnight.

I just assumed they closed Stonehenge at such mystically important times, even if just for the night.

That cuts down on the victims and the dampening. But hopefully it doesn't cut down our ability to see what if anything joins us on here on Earth.

In a perfect case they grease it before it becomes an issue. That may be the scorched earth we see. Or it may be the results of a failed attempt...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Just because they closed it, doesn't mean that the people don't swarm to it, or any of a thousand other mystical sites in Britain.

Delta Sierra
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

I know, I know.

At the very least it keeps the casual onlooker away.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Which is actually a shame, seeing as the "casual onlookers" aren't the ones causing the site to have to be closed in the first place.
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

It is a shame.

It is also true for just about everywhere worth going to as well.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Actually, the OBOD should be keeping Stonehenge and quite a few other mystical sites and locations in all of Britain in check.

I may belong to an order of one, but my cousins both in the States and in Europe can be counted on. Of that I assure you.

Last year, during the vernal Equinox, almost ten thousand Druids and Wiccans gathered at Stonehenge under the OBOD's direction and performed spring rites.

That's not a lot of victims; that's a shitload of royally screwed nasties, should they try anything.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.

Return to “Community Outreach”