Stonehenge

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
A. Pendragon

Stonehenge

Post by A. Pendragon »

There have been reports/ claims that these infamous stones of the past have had their positions altered lately. Evidence points to depressions in the ground near the stones.

Possibly related news: There is a new cult springing up as of late. This cult has been mainly referred to as "The Cult of Night".
Geronimus

Post by Geronimus »

I've heard rumors about this cult. And not very nice ones. But it's hard to tell what is true about them and what isn't. I've heard everything from human sacrifice to arcane tampering with the barriers between dimensions is amoung their activities. But who's to say.... most Cults are short lived and very localized bands of misfits who are just rebelling against established religion, these guys don't seem like your typical group of misit dabblers.
but even if they are, be carefull that you don't under estimate them, even idiots can get a hold of an old arcane work and do untold damage... sometimes they can be worse than those who know what they are doing, especialy if they can't control the forces they are calling upon. I hate to say this, but it might be more prudent to whack them than risk them doing something very stupid and very dangerous.
There be monsters here...
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

Geronimus wrote:whacking them
...Whacking them is what I planned on doing. I want my Britain to be free of this magical, mystical garbage. Like a long lost relative of mine, I want Britain to be free, Britain for Britains. I was a soldier for the Queen before I realized my gifts for dealing with the unknown and now thats all I deal with... the unknown, the dark, the evil!!!
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

A. Pendragon wrote:
Geronimus wrote:whacking them
...Whacking them is what I planned on doing. I want my Britain to be free of this magical, mystical garbage. Like a long lost relative of mine, I want Britain to be free, Britain for Britains. I was a soldier for the Queen before I realized my gifts for dealing with the unknown and now thats all I deal with... the unknown, the dark, the evil!!!

:roll: Come now, we aren't ALL bad. Infact, most of us mages are quite nice. True, these blokes aren't nice. But please restrain from grouping all mages together.
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

If it harms or hurts or negatively affects Britain, my home, then it will get "whacked". You arent in Britain are you?
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

A. Pendragon wrote:If it harms or hurts or negatively affects Britain, my home, then it will get "whacked". You arent in Britain are you?

Actually...no, I'm not at the moment. I am somewhere in between New York and Ireland, in transit to Texas.
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

Perhaps then when you come back across the pond, the two of us should meet? If you are a friend and not a threat to Britain or the Crown, then perhaps the two of us can assist each other in our endeavors. What say ye?
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

A. Pendragon wrote:Perhaps then when you come back across the pond, the two of us should meet? If you are a friend and not a threat to Britain or the Crown, then perhaps the two of us can assist each other in our endeavors. What say ye?

I would like that. Though, it shall be awhile before I return. I am going from Texas to Haiti to investigate the selling of zombies/xombies. A friend e-mailed me the following artical from the Weekly World News. So I will be a while. Uh, where may I ask is your branch of the society located?

HAITI SELLING OFF ZOMBIES
Undead work harder than the living, obey your every command, don't eat much - & MAKE GREAT NANNIES!
Psst . . . wanna buy a zombie? You can pick up some great deals on the undead from the Haitian government, which is trying to unload thousands of the walking corpses -- at less per head than you'd pay for a decent TV.

"Imagine having your very own slave who will mindlessly obey you, no matter what you order him or her to do," says a government spokesman.

"A zombie will work all day and all night if you want him to, everything from farm labor to house cleaning, and all you have to feed him is oat mush."

Haitian officials say they're turning to sales of the undead to relieve the critical over-supply of zombies, which is dragging down their failing economy even further. Haiti's upper- and middle- class population has shrunk to almost nothing, leaving hundreds of zombie servants unoccupied.

Meanwhile, voodoo priests continue to add to the zombie population, despite the glut of ghouls.

"The people are bitter and angry about their poverty, and they take it out on their neighbors by having them turned into zombies at the slightest provocation," says Haitian economist and social critic Alain Jean-David. "The surplus is running into the thousands -- I've seen estimates that it's as high as 12 percent of the population. The government is desperate to be rid of them before they start running amok."

Zombie prices start at a dirt-cheap $100, but for the next three months you can get an even deeper discount: Buy one, get one free.

Each zombie comes in its own packing crate with a certificate of authenticity enclosed. Instructions for care and feeding are included.

"The most important thing is to not give the zombie salt," says one expert. "It makes them totally uncontrollable, and they can become dangerous."

He also recommends keeping the zombie in a warm location at about 75 percent humidity, to approximate the climate it has grown used to in Haiti.

Low lighting is also recommended. "Zombies work best after twilight, under cover of darkness," he says, "although they can function adequately with filtered light. If you have a zombie housemaid, I'd suggest lowering the shades while she's at work. For gardeners or other outdoor laborers, be sure they are covered well with a hat and long sleeves and pants.

"No sunscreen, though -- unless you want their flesh melting off in your hands."

The government spokesman says zombies can be returned "no questions asked" within 30 days for a full refund, but zombie experts expect few returns.

"Zombies work extremely hard for little reward except a secure place to rest and their bowl of mush," says one. "Many zombies have been beloved family servants for generations, and have become almost like family."

That's how the Chevaliers feel about their zombie governess, Marie- Claire, whom they are turning over to the government for sale after more than 50 years' service.

"She raised me, she raised my children, and now she is raising my grandchildren," says Bertrand Chevalier, who has lost his family's plantation during Haiti's economic struggles. "We held on as long as we could, but we can hold on no longer. We are leaving our beloved country, and we hope that the government can find Marie- Claire a suitable position elsewhere.

"Our only hope is that her new master will care for her half as well as she has cared for us."
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

I am actually an independant, but yet supporter of The Lazlo Society. I operate throughout Britain mainly, but on occasion I do travel abroad.
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

How very nice to know. You must come to London and have tea when I get back.
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

Not a problem.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Did you two ever get to . . . before . . .

So much left unfiished.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra

Return to “Agency Voice”