Earthquake Prediction

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Ron Caliburn

Earthquake Prediction

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Indonesia prepares after psychic 'predicts quake' wrote:JAKARTA (AFP) - Local officials in a quake-prone Indonesian province said Monday they were taking precautionary measures after a Brazilian psychic warned a powerful earthquake would strike next month.

Husni Hassanuddin, a spokesman for Bengkulu province on Sumatra island, said the Indonesian embassy in Brasilia had passed on a letter from a "professor" and psychic predicting a quake would rock the island on December 23.

"During a recent meeting with all senior officials in Bengkulu, we determined a number of evacuation shelters for residents, especially those who live in the coastal areas," he told ElShinta radio.

He said there would be several evacuation drills around the province prior to December 23.

"Though we call it a rumour, we take this information seriously. We don't want people to blame us if it really happens," he said.

Another Bengkulu official, Fauzan Rahim, told state-run Antara news agency that he had seen a copy of the letter from Jucelino Nobrega da Luz, which predicted an 8.5-magnitude quake on Sumatra, but did not give an exact location. Sumatra is home to nine other provinces.

Antara said da Luz had sent a letter in 1998 predicting the tsunami that devastated Indonesia in 2004. He also issued a warning in 2006 forecasting September's 8.4-magnitude quake in Bengkulu, which left 23 people dead, it said.

A seismologist from the Indonesian Meteorology and Geophysics Agency told ElShinta that no technology in the world could predict an earthquake.

"We have told people repeatedly that we cannot predict a quake. If there's information about the date on which a quake will occur, it is surely untrue," he said.

Indonesia sits on the Pacific "Ring of Fire" where continental plates collide, causing frequent seismic and volcanic activity.

I hope this guy is right enough that the world accepts psychic phenomena - but not so right in the sense that we get another tragedy like a couple of years back.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Is there any data suggesting that psychic predictions are more on the spot when it comes to big events involving a lot of energy? A lot of energy is released in volcanic/tectonic activity as well as in the loss of life.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I know it seems they're more accurate when it comes to plane crashes and stuff...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Odd that you should say that. I had a friend in high school who could accurately predict plane crashes in her dreams.
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well Bert, Sara and I once had a discussion on that exact topic. She told me that she had always felt that ant sort of daeth leaves a psychic disturbance of some sort. Now, she thought that the deaths of many people, or the death of one person that will effect a great many people, leave a much larger disturbance. These larger disturbances can possibly echo across time. Making them easier to see by psychics.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Angel: My mother used to do that, when I was very young...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
DroopyDawg

Post by DroopyDawg »

I have heard a theory, years ago, that events which have a significant impact on a person in the future, may cause them to release a form of psychic energy that is able to travel in to the past. Since the energy leaves the person's mind, they are very receptive to it in the past and most commonly receptive at night while dreaming.

Whether there is any validity to this or not I have no idea, as all of the precognitive dreams I have had were about myself, and always regarded mundane things. This is why I never pay them any attention until I am in the situation and then I remember the dream clearly. How one would test this theory I have no idea as well.

No lottery numbers yet though.

Droopy Dawg
I am not so much bothered by what I perceive, as by what my mind tells me about what I perceive.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Droopy

Sorta like that person who told me there's a Prince comin' fer me?

Hannah

PS: Not that I asked fer any Princes.
I will be who I chose to be.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Just be careful, and run if your "Prince" is coming for you in purple spandex and assless chaps. :lol:
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

:lol: :lol:

Good to see the jokes again Angel.

WWVLD
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

:shock: My God, you got that joke? You may have a relatively good s4ense of humor after all!! :lol:
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Thanks, I think.

WWVLD
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

:P :lol:
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

:wink: :lol:

WWVLD

Return to “Community Outreach”