I almost had her!

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Koralth

I almost had her!

Post by Koralth »

I almost got in touch with her!

So close! Sorry, I need to vent.

Since I left my home, and came here, to... well, here, I've been investigating this girl. I can't give out too much information in the here/now, but I finally found her hanging at a certain club on "Goth night" (One can never scratch too much information out of a simple photo!). As I was making my way to her, she APPARENTLY made use of her new found powers, and looked right at me as I was pushing my way through the crowd (For SOME reason, in that kind of audience, I stick out like a sore thumb... ) Well, she's APPARENTLY also better at crowd manipulation than I am, because she immediately started making her way in the opposite direction... at a faster rate than I was going. Didn't help that she's pretty small for her age, I lost her in no time flat. Damn it all, it's so frustrating... She doesn't realize how much she really needs help right about now... How do you approach someone that knows you're there... before you know they're there? Damn psychic powers... er, No offense, dear!
:lol:
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Simple, go with the overload principle - make sure you're in a situation where lots of people are around you with similar emmotions and thoughts to you.

You were there for buisness - everyone else was there for a good time - might as well shot off a flare.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
protaganis

Post by protaganis »

or use multiple psis to manipulate the crowd. It can be subtle but a thicken of the crowd in the direction she's going (generate a what's that sensation) and she'll be swimming in molasses. or have an ally doing overwatch generating a relaxed mellow party feel around you. much tougher to do the second, but between that and an "someone else's problem" shield, I've managed many good retrievals and recons.
When the world isn't the same as our minds believe, then we are in a nightmare. Nothing is worse than a nightmare that we cannot awaken from.

戦争の刃
Dante Andel

Post by Dante Andel »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Simple, go with the overload principle - make sure you're in a situation where lots of people are around you with similar emmotions and thoughts to you.

You were there for buisness - everyone else was there for a good time - might as well shot off a flare.
Wouldn't there be a slight problem of if your chasing someone your having to chase them on their terms and homeground so not like they would go somewhere, where they won't be able to spot would be attackers that well.

Never had to deal with this of course so I'm just speaking my mind, a tired 2 in the morning mind, and trying to give it as logical a view as I can.
duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

have you tried getting across the idea that you're not about to attack her or anything? she's probably seeing some odd guy, totally out of place, trying top chase her down, and getting freaked. maybe if she's not freaked out, she'll be more willing to deal with you.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

James has a very valid point. Thou maybe I should ask why you are looking for her in the first place? And who else maybe looking for her?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Long and short of it is a cult is looking to use her for a sacrifice. I don't want that happening. I'm trying to find her before something like that happens. That inherantly means I'm going to have a businesslike mindset, I don't think there's much I can do about that. I haven't gotten close enough to her to let her know that I'm safe, Duam! I signaled her with a wave, she turned and didn't look back. Next time I'll signal with both hands in the air if she spots me, but.. I dunno, two failures in a row over several weeks of searching is really something I avoid when possible. On the other hand, it means she's probably kept away from her pursuers in much the same fashion.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Have you tried just ringing the building with people?
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

How's it going Zack? You caught up with the girl yet?

Does Logos know you're chasing strange girls? :lol:
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

how yall are? tell me yer defnishun a strange woman an en i tell ya maan.
duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

oh, i'm not getting into this!
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

shits skeery.
mrslater13

Post by mrslater13 »

It can take a lot of mental discipline to not broadcast that, "businesslike mindset," all over the place. Try not staring at the person you are approaching and try to not think about them either. Not easy by any measure but something to consider. Hey, it's not as conspicuous as wearing a tin foil hat, besides those only work with aliens anyway.

Return to “Classifieds”