Odd Family

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
Magikadept

Odd Family

Post by Magikadept »

The Record family lived up the street in a large ugly brick home with barred windows, concrete drive and an odd weather vane on top of the roof. It was a beautiful home, however, like many owners of fine homes, The Record family was not fine.

Just yesterday the police and postal inspectors surrounded the home, crashing down the doors. A few minutes later, the policemen could bee seen milling around in the yard. Some were seen crying others puking.

A woman down the road said they had found nothing inside but rotting, molding furniture and a rank stench. A bit odd but that is all that has been heard. All inquires into the story have been rebuffed or midirected.

Thoughts?
Kolya

Re: Odd Family

Post by Kolya »

Magikadept wrote:The Record family lived up the street in a large ugly brick home with barred windows, concrete drive and an odd weather vane on top of the roof. It was a beautiful home, however, like many owners of fine homes, The Record family was not fine.

Just yesterday the police and postal inspectors surrounded the home, crashing down the doors. A few minutes later, the policemen could bee seen milling around in the yard. Some were seen crying others puking.

A woman down the road said they had found nothing inside but rotting, molding furniture and a rank stench. A bit odd but that is all that has been heard. All inquires into the story have been rebuffed or midirected.

Thoughts?

Mass suicide/murder. But without any bodies, who knows...
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Black fungus maybe?

Not many details, but this does qualify for the "Future Urban Legend" category.
"The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing."
-Aleister Crowley
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

I wonder why the postal inspectors were there.
Magikadept

Post by Magikadept »

The way I heard it one day down at the diner, Old Man Hubert said that during last summer that a stalker was arrested on the property. The man of course claimed innocence, that he was a private detective, hired by someone outside the family, but he went missing from the county jail a couple days later before his story could be collaborated.

Old Hubert's friend, Jessy, siad that was nothing. That the mailman told him that a couple weeks ago he had heard whimpering and what sounded like the growling of the dog coming from inside of the house. Spooked him so bad he said that he left the package on the porch without bothering ringing the bell.

Hubert snorted at this and waved it off as I signaled the waitress for another cup of coffee.
Jessy was just starting in on how pets go a missing around that place, when she interrupted. Her name was Sarah. Pretty girl. Local type. You know the kind. Anyways...the way she heard it was that the postal inspectors were involved because of the package the mail man had left. Was suspected of being a dangerous item.

Before I could pump her for information, she walked off. Hubert and Jessy shrugged and went back to bickering.

Whatever the case, black fungus or something more mundane, there is a strangeness to this puzzle that begs to be unraveled
Huntress

Post by Huntress »

He heh..He just said "Pump her"

Seriously darling, I would say track her down and get more details. You know, pump her for awhile :wink:

Kisses!
Girls kick ass, just ask my latest victim.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

This might sound a little unprofessional, but have you considered just burning the place down? As long as nobody alive/sentient/corporeal is inside, it can solve a lot of problems.
"The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing."
-Aleister Crowley
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

That sounds like arson to me.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Elijah Sight

Post by Elijah Sight »

Arson? Or prevention of something much worse? I personally agree with Heretic. My vote: Burn it. sow the ground with salt, sprinkle with holy water, and plant Monkshod/Asfodel/Wolfsbane arounbd the premisis. This reminds me of an... unpleasant... experience back in New Mexico a few years ago.
"Only the mad destroy themselves and all that they have wrought. But only the Phoenix lives forever."
~Fredric Brown
Fiera

Post by Fiera »

I may be wrong but you seemed to hint at the family being normal, or seemingly so anyway. there were some questions I felt were unanswered though. Did the family go missing? Did anyone in town notice an absense?
Were there children in the family? usually if there are and something odd or wrong is going on at home the children will tell a friend so if you don't just burn the house down (although that is always a fun solution) I would start any investigation by asking around the local school yard.
"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire"
~Marshal Ferdinand Foch
Inari

Post by Inari »

I am in agreement with the others. Burn the building. I would also suggest planting iron stakes into the ground around the edges of the foundation. If you can afford it a little silver dust might be helpful as well in addition to what has already been mentioned. There are many beings immune to most everything but cold iron.
May the ladies blessing watch over your family.
VermisVictus

Post by VermisVictus »

I cant ge
Rowan

I really hate unsolved mysteries—especially those with house

Post by Rowan »

Was this mystery ever solved? I’m not the largest arson advocate, but a little investigation—especially in person—goes a long way.