Training Grounds Needed

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
protaganis

Training Grounds Needed

Post by protaganis »

I've gained a few new "trainees" recently, I don't have enough time between babysitting and doing jobs to scout new locations to train them.
It needs to be out of the way, preferably with an airstrip less than an hours drive away. NO close or curious neighbors (or maybe some knowledgeable ones to keep the rookies safe when I work). It needs to be in the U.S. I've thought maybe around the old taconite pits of northern MN. But I'm so burnt out right now I can barely drive straight... I need to be able to train them on any tools they may encounter in the course of work, the taconite pits work cause I can put RC boats in the ponds at the bottom for target practice and it won't matter (much) if they miss with an AT4 or the like.

Any Suggestions?

BTW, once set up, members of the society are welcome to try out things that may have a damage radius. No post test clean up necessary. Also, other than the basics (firearms, hand to hand, research technique, & basic enemy recognition) what would you suggest that they NEED to know? (I can't really recall what exactly I was taught and what I picked up along the way. It all blurs together).
When the world isn't the same as our minds believe, then we are in a nightmare. Nothing is worse than a nightmare that we cannot awaken from.

戦争の刃
Razor

Post by Razor »

Common & suggested methods of target neutralization, depending on what it is you are working toward taking out, humans or supernaturals.

Maybe listed protection methods of sorts. A little bit of basic IED's or other explosives. Mostly safe handling and safe usage. If anybody wants to learn how to make them, talk to Bert, or Cyanide maybe.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

If you want safe usage of IEDs, don't use 'em.

There is no beginners or intro courses that will let you safely handle explosives.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

no ied is a good ied. Not with beginners. but then again, we were all beginnners at some point.
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Basic research methodology, proper investigative notation methods, and a general course on how to absorb and retain new information in a timely manner.
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Shôja hitsumetsu é-sha-jori
protaganis

Post by protaganis »

first two buildings up. Got a nice series of generators. finished the rifle range. 10,500 ft. from firing line to backstop. We're getting the prefab house built, but the say at least 2 weeks more. The library will probably be toughest.

I may need to "foster" out the teaching of one of them. He's showing signs of spell ability.
When the world isn't the same as our minds believe, then we are in a nightmare. Nothing is worse than a nightmare that we cannot awaken from.

戦争の刃

Return to “Classifieds”