Mormons are becoming Jedi Fact of Fiction?

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
Zackariah

Mormons are becoming Jedi Fact of Fiction?

Post by Zackariah »

A small faction has started in my town claming that they are Mormon Jedi.They said that they have no powers but they are working on a light saber.they have a new profet who likes trivia and chess .This Profets name is Jaymes Grandmont and he is confident he can beat everybody.
!!!BOOM HEAD SHOT!!!
The Traveler King

Post by The Traveler King »

This Mr. Grandmont sounds an awful lot like some of the hardcore sci-fi fans I've met over the years. Chances are he's just off his rocker and needs to see a therapist. The fact that he openly declares himself a Mormon Jedi bears that out, especially given that Mormons would be opposed to anything that even remotely resembles witchcraft or New Age psychic powers. Compound this with the claims about making a device which even my employers would find expensive to build.

Methinks Grandmont would be tilting his lance at windmills and proclaiming them to be giants were this Renaissance Spain.
Zackariah

Post by Zackariah »

This is true he is crazy I have no doubt on that fact the thing that boggles me is why are people following him dose this mean that my town is crazy???
!!!BOOM HEAD SHOT!!!
WonderingMind

Post by WonderingMind »

I have seen Mormons do and say some crazy things:roll: but this is a first for me, and I am up in Mormon country (northern AZ and UT) pretty often doing research on non ley-line energy vortices. I would think that that guy is not a Mormon. They don’t often have much to do with sci-fi.
Keep your eyes and mind open and you just might see something interesting.
The Traveler King

Post by The Traveler King »

Zackariah wrote:This is true he is crazy I have no doubt on that fact the thing that boggles me is why are people following him dose this mean that my town is crazy???

It means your town is probably full of morons. Sadly, those seem to crop up WITHOUT supernatural influence.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

My call is nutbar

But if he can do a real jedi mind trick we need to recruit.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Ronins

Post by Ronins »

First of all these guys are not Mormons. And second, Mormons are not some kind of cult. The offical Name is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. These sound like people that are Stoned or somthing.

Next, they are not Polygamists. Thier are cults that practice polygamy, but they are not real mormons.

Third, They Belive in the Bible as long as its translated corectly, but also belive in a set of scriptures called the book of mormon, which was found in New York and is a record of the early peoples that came her from jerusalem.

And you might be wondering why i know this? Simple, I'm a Mormon. Not many mormons are into sci-fi and fantasy like i am.
The_Unicorn

Post by The_Unicorn »

Uh, No offense but the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints doesn't have the sole copyrights to the name Mormons.
So these guys can call themselves that. In fact their was a polygamist guy who was taken in who had foudned a church that called themselves the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints(youc an call them a cult or thse gusy a cult, but they could do the same to you).

Anyway, a mormon friend of mine said that mormons believe that they can become gods IIRC. So Jedi powers dont 'seem out of the ordinary.
The following statement is true,
The above statement is false,
Welcome to the Universe.