Looking for volunteers - again

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
protaganis

Post by protaganis »

I would be very interested in helping you. I would also like to test out my bonded armor. I believe that we could both learn a great deal about our new techniques and equipment. Would any particular equipment (high speed cameras, force gauges or a millimeter wave radar/ densitometer) be of use?
I"ll be in New York for the next few days conducting some research. Incidently, I am rated in Aiku Jutsu, SCARS, Kali, Muay Mui Thai and general Pre & Post Rennaisance Weapon Styles.
When the world isn't the same as our minds believe, then we are in a nightmare. Nothing is worse than a nightmare that we cannot awaken from.

戦争の刃
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I have actually taken the liberty of aquireing a an old warehouse in Chicago, down by the lake. once I have all the peculiarities worked out of the place I will be setting it up as a martial sciences lab. I have already gotten a great deal of the paperwork done to be able to set up with my own power supply for some of the equipment with high power usage.

Who would have thought that the utility companies would be harder to work with than the police? It appears that local law enforcement is willing to give me the licsenses required in return for allowing them to test their "less than lethal" equipment.
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Shôja hitsumetsu é-sha-jori
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

The John Hancock Observatory gives a great view of the lake. It's interesting to see it frozen over too.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Wow, someone who is ranked in SCARS. I would be interested in training with you. Also, I have trained in my own varient of Aikijustsu, so i would like to compare notes, with you as well on that front.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

SCARS does not have rankings, I thought.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

What the hell is SCARS???
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Offensive martial arts system.

Ambiguity intended ;)

It's creator is a San Soo master as I understand it, which is not something I am particularly fond of either.
Razor

Post by Razor »

From what I undestand SCARS is a military hand-to-hand system, similar to SAFTA. It is a very simple and effective system from what I have heard. It's a method that is employed by Seals and some Recon teams. However, with the recent switch back to martial arts systems in the military, they may have gone back to the older combat martial arts themes for black-bag ops such as Seals.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

It was developed by a civilian and he trained the military to some extent for a while. SCARS evokes rather polar opinions. I am obviously tend toward the negative side.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Well, I haven't heard anything bad about it, Koyla. So... what have you heard that makes you so against it?
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Mostly the hype, I guess.

What I have seen was a lot of arcing movements and I prefer economy of motion.
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

I guess I should start learning some hand to hand skills any suggestions. I have rudimentary skills with swords. Mr. greydawn has been very busy here lately so I have not been getting all the practice I should.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

You'll have to find a style that matches yours. Of course, you may not know yours yet, although if you have been training with a sword, you might have a minor idea.

Just to get it out of the way, I suggest Chinese Kenpo.
duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

how do you figure out what your style is?
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Talk to folks, try some out, too.
protaganis

Post by protaganis »

Generally you try a few styles with several differing opponents (Each style takes on 3-4 opposing styles). You'll generally settle on a style that will fit into your comfort zone. Typically I use a Zwiehander. I like it's flexibility, you use it much like a fighting staff or a spear. But I also am comfortable with a longsword and shield (Edged shields are an surprise in a nasty fight, and they provide you with a second chance). As for SCARS training, I've found the only true rankings that apply are: Inexperienced, Overconfident and Deadly. It's a fairly brutal style designed to do maximum damage in a minimum of time. The hunter that trained me taught that style to me also. It's best when paired with one or two other martial arts styles, give you an excellent combat flexibility. See you in Chicago when you get set up.
When the world isn't the same as our minds believe, then we are in a nightmare. Nothing is worse than a nightmare that we cannot awaken from.

戦争の刃