Lazlo Agency Advisory- Detroit

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Contact_21

Lazlo Agency Advisory- Detroit

Post by Contact_21 »

Reports are coming in about an underground fire and explosion that occurred January 2 in downtown Detroit. One report told about manhole covers flying 80 feet into the air. The cause has not been determined, but a quick review of Lazlo Agency files shows similar incidents were reported in January 2001 and May 2003. The current theory is that methane gas was set off by a damaged electrical cable.

As long-time researchers know, Detroit has been a hotbed of supernatural activity, and supernatural beings have been known to use sewer systems as hiding places. The explosion highlights how dangerous being underground can be, and we advise everyone to stay away from such places. Lazlo Agents in the Metro Detroit area investigating. Hopefully, I'll have more later on.
I See Dead People

Indy, too!

Post by I See Dead People »

Clearly something major is going on. The same sort of explosions in the sewers we're seeing in Detroit are happening in Indianapolis, too!

My husband mentioned they were talking about delaying the Colts game yesterday because of underground explosions, and my ears perked up immediately. I just found this story: http://www.indystar.com/articles/0/208140-3190-009.html

It was the third time in nine days Downtown has been rocked by underground explosions.

Hours later, authorities ordered more than 1,000 people in the Indiana Repertory Theatre, 140 W. Washington St., to evacuate so electrical power could be shut off to the building as a precaution while utility and safety crews continued to search beneath the streets for the cause of the explosions.

(Emphasis mine.)

The authorities have a few mundane theories to explain this phenomenon, but it sounds to me like some major players might be hunting Tectonics or some sort of Pyrokinetics in the sewers of the Midwest. Given the evacuations, maybe it's some sort of government action they're covering up for. Or maybe some extreme Poltergeist activity? Anybody out there know anything about this?
Susan Johnson
Minneapolis Paranormal Investigation Society
Fioravanti

Indianapolis Sewer Explosions

Post by Fioravanti »

I found this article, explaining the explosions:

http://www.indystar.com/articles/2/209739-8142-009.html

A short in a power line led to an unusual convergence of factors that culminated in the explosion last week at a Downtown business, city and utility officials said Friday.

The short caused insulation around the power line to smolder, eventually sending smoke into a basement utility box. The smoke became trapped and pressurized until the resulting explosion, said Indianapolis Fire Chief James Greeson.

Sounds pretty far-fetched to me.
Denn Die Todten Reiten Schnell.
janus

Coverup

Post by janus »

You know its bound to be a coverup. I wonder who many workers have been lost in the tunnels recently. Something may be hunting. Maybe it was a explosion created by a group of invesigators

janus
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

I havent been stateside, but I might be visiting soon. according to some info and rumors I have been hearing, this "Cult of Night" that I have been hunting down has some strong ties to the States. Chicago, Detroit and NEw York.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Cults are about the only thing I hate worse than the beasties from the other side. Worst part about them is figuring out which of the members deserve a thumpin' for being stupid and which deserve a shootin' for being evil.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Lightning Plant

Post by Lightning Plant »

A. Pendragon wrote:I havent been stateside, but I might be visiting soon. according to some info and rumors I have been hearing, this "Cult of Night" that I have been hunting down has some strong ties to the States. Chicago, Detroit and NEw York.

I don't know if you have to worry too much. I heard that some group disrupted something big they had planned in 2000, and it'll be a while before everything lines up properly for them to try again.
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

Lightning Plant wrote:
A. Pendragon wrote:I havent been stateside, but I might be visiting soon. according to some info and rumors I have been hearing, this "Cult of Night" that I have been hunting down has some strong ties to the States. Chicago, Detroit and NEw York.

I don't know if you have to worry too much. I heard that some group disrupted something big they had planned in 2000, and it'll be a while before everything lines up properly for them to try again.
Anywhere there is the Cult of Night, so to will be my rifle and I.
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
Lightning Plant

Post by Lightning Plant »

A. Pendragon wrote:
Lightning Plant wrote:

Anywhere there is the Cult of Night, so to will be my rifle and I.

You're probably right. With more research, they've allegedly been doing something involving wierd dimensional stuff, and also been involved with some race of shapechangers who've been living with humans for some thousands of years.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Did I mention I hate cults?

Delta Sierra
GhosthunterJ

Post by GhosthunterJ »

If you hate cults, you may get a laugh out of this. I was hired by a concerned parent to check out this group calling themselves the "Cult of Mithras". She said her son and his new buddies were trying to raise the spirit of an ancient egyptian mummy. She said the police didn't think she had anything to worry about but a large psychiatrist bill. So she called me. Ok, so I do some research. Turns out that this Mithras is actually an offshoot of the religion of Zoroaster, an ancient pre-christian religion that is uncannily just like christianity. Has nothing to do with raising mummies or Egypt in general.
So I check out this cult on one of their meeting nights, and it's just a bunch of acne faced kids in black pajamas, chanting something that sounded like an illiterates version of the modern Egyptian tongue, with a mummy they stole from some museum. Obviously, it didn't work, and they strted hitting and beating and blaming each other for the failure. I nearly died laughing. Almost made me feel embarrassed for them. One of the only cases I've ever worked where nothing paranormal occurred.[/quote]
~ Jason Hale ~
"Life isn't fair. After all, nobody ever gets out alive."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

If only all cults were stupid and inefective like that instead of just stupid.

Delta Sierra
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

ah .. it would of worked if the planetary alignments were right man! .. but sadly the barrier in this world is too thick for Backyard Mummy Raisings.
" I wanna live, I wanna Love, It's a long hard road out of hell. I want to Live Forever, Forever will always Be... "
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The barrier ain't the only thick thing around here.

Delta Sierra

Return to “Agency Voice”