Just a question

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Inari

Just a question

Post by Inari »

Greetings, I come here tonight to pose you all a question. A great many of you seem to have some knowledge of so called supernatural beings. I applaud you humans work in this field. Though it also frightens me a great deal to know that there are those of you who shoot first and ask questions.... well never.

Though I get off my subject. I ask this of you. What makes you think that every supernatural being or force is evil? Or that it wishes to harm humanity. I pose this question in the light of a loss that I will not say more about in fear that the 'hunter' might try and find more..

Thank you all,
Inari
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I am a little guilty of this, but that is my sense of self-preservation taking over, and it is strong. And I am not apologetic about it.

I have met neutral or even helpful supernatural beings/aliens. I have probably killed a few, too. You have an alien walking towards you and the grass withers under its feet. No communication gets through. Is it comnig to hug you or tear your spine out? I rather not find out.

That is why we have developed some tactics and equipment to subdue rather than destroy. That does not guarantee the creature's life is spared, but it does mean I am not the one - the front line trooper - killing it. Questions are asked, communications are made.

Sometimes they go home. Sometimes they integrate. Sometimes they are destroyed.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The way I work, i rarely ever encounter benign or harmles supernatural creatures . . . if I did encounter them, i probably wouldn't care one way or the other.

What I do is I hunt those that hunt us. If it doesn't hunt us, I really don't care.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Huntress

Re: Just a question

Post by Huntress »

Inari wrote:I ask this of you. What makes you think that every supernatural being or force is evil? Or that it wishes to harm humanity. I pose this question in the light of a loss that I will not say more about in fear that the 'hunter' might try and find more..

Thank you all,
Inari

Simply put, the very nature of Evil is the eye of the beholder. I see a toothy giant mawed beast wanting a peice of me, I dont care if it's good, evil, happy, sad, gay, straight, ugly, thin, think or ass backwards, its going down! Good or evil dont exist on the battle field, its kill or be killed.
The way I see it, if it wasnt evil, why did it want a peice of me so bad? I've never killed a human being in my life, but I've destroyed plenty of monsters. Good monsters is an oxy moron in my book.
Girls kick ass, just ask my latest victim.
Tabloid Hound

Post by Tabloid Hound »

There ya go! We didnt land on the supernatural beings, the supernatual beings landed on us! They are called invaders for a reason!
"Truth is stranger than fiction, and much more terrifying."
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

Huntress wrote:Simply put, the very nature of Evil is the eye of the beholder. I see a toothy giant mawed beast wanting a peice of me, I dont care if it's good, evil, happy, sad, gay, straight, ugly, thin, think or ass backwards, its going down! Good or evil dont exist on the battle field, its kill or be killed.
The way I see it, if it wasnt evil, why did it want a peice of me so bad? I've never killed a human being in my life, but I've destroyed plenty of monsters. Good monsters is an oxy moron in my book.

You know, back when I was little, I used to have this dog... he was a good dog, followed us around so faithfully we had to call him Shadow cause of his omnipresence, never messed up the carpets or anything, and he was pretty much my best and only friend until I was about ten years old... but he did have one problem: he was a bit too protective of my family, which led to a nasty habit of taking chunks out of UPS men if they ever crossed the threshold of the house while dropping off packages.
Perhaps this "monster" is coming after you because you've walked right into its den and started acting like you own the place, like the UPS man walking in on good old Shadow? Or maybe it just watched you kill its mother, its cousin, and its babies, it figures you're some kind of monster out to kill everything that isn't like you, and its not too keen on waiting around for its turn to die? Now I'm not saying all the things that go bump in the night don't deserve to be killed, but I am saying that I'm open to the possibility that some of them might not, and that you might want to consider it too.
I'm not dead yet.
Huntress

Post by Huntress »

BraveSirRobin wrote:
Huntress wrote:Perhaps this "monster" is coming after you because you've walked right into its den and started acting like you own the place.

Gosh Sir Robin, you make it all sound like a bad thing! :wink:
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

Huntress wrote:Gosh Sir Robin, you make it all sound like a bad thing! :wink:

if there's no sign of human remains in the den, how do you know it isn't a bad thing?

regular animals will attack you in the same circumstances... it's hardly fair to think of the supernatural ones as monsters for doing likewise.

edit: what is it with the quote tags in this place?
I'm not dead yet.
Huntress

Post by Huntress »

BraveSirRobin wrote:
Huntress wrote:
BraveSirRobin wrote:Perhaps this "monster" is coming after you because you've walked right into its den and started acting like you own the place.

if there's no sign of human remains in the den, how do you know it isn't a bad thing?

regular animals will attack you in the same circumstances... it's hardly fair to think of the supernatural ones as monsters for doing likewise.

Whoa, I think thou protest too much...you've been shagging the supernatural ladies havent you Sir Robin? :P
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

??Dtº¬Huntress"]
BraveSirRobin wrote:
Huntress wrote:
BraveSirRobin wrote:Perhaps this "monster" is coming after you because you've walked right into its den and started acting like you own the place.

Whoa, I think thou protest too much...you've been shagging the supernatural ladies havent you Sir Robin? :P[/quote]
well my girlfriend is into the whole vampire thing :P

seriously though, I've been persecuted my entire life for having an IQ greater than 90 (welcome to Missouri folks), so I can feel a certain sympathy for those who are labeled "different." Factor in years of watching the Discovery Channel's Shark Week and far too many Godzilla movies, and you've got me, your resident monster sympathizer.
I'm not dead yet.
Inari

Post by Inari »

Well it is refreshing to see that not every member of the species is blood thirsty. Though whos to say who was here first. Humans or other races? Sir Robin makes a good point as well, would you not hunt down a being who killed your mother, father or even mate?

Inari
May the ladies blessing watch over your family.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Well, to me, I consider the supernatural something that has always been there, in one for or another. Some good, but mostly we hear about the bad. I actually know a possessing entity, from my one and hopefully only brain eating critter experience. It lives in a body that has lost a large part of her brain, really only the "mechanical" sections are left. That's why I don't consider her a threat, it's taken a body that would otherwise be a vegetable. I guess what I'm mostly saying is this, as long as it isn't a threat to anybody, don't cross it. It might actually be on your side.
Overspecialization leads to getting the crap beaten out of you.
Unreliable backup leads to getting thrown through a shed.
Debunker
Location: My Paranromal team is based in the U.K., but we travel world wide

Post by Debunker »

Inari wrote:Well it is refreshing to see that not every member of the species is blood thirsty.
Inari

No, but every member is a victim of an overactive imaginations or in real need of attention. But dont panic Inari, they are all talk and no real bite.

If there was such a thing as the supernatural most couldnt put their money where thier mouth is with all the stories they make up. But the ones who could... I'm real concerned about them.
Elliott James Tobias III
AKA: Debunker

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
Inari

Post by Inari »

Well Debunker as one who has been on the both the receiving and giving end of the 'attentions' that most hunters choose. I dont under estimate anyone or thing. I think that it is quite impressive there are as many humans as there are whos eyes are open to the supernatural.
Joseph Darkhold

Post by Joseph Darkhold »

While we not be quite as numerous as we used to, there still exist a surprising number of us who's eyes have been opened to the supernatural...including some who's eyes are open even if they won't admit it...

Out of curiousity, why did you choose Inari as a name? From some of your comments and the name, I can see a few interesting little implications...

Welcome to the scoiety Inari, here's hoping you last longer than most...
"Ex Ignorantia ad Sapientiam, e Luce ad Tenebras"
Inari

Post by Inari »

Very astute Mr. Darkhold, I wont give away to much but my intentions, are not to trick or play pranks on anyone. I simply am curious and though it might draw attraction from.. unfriendly sources I wish to know more about the theories expressed here.

Why did I choose Inari? well I leave that for you to research a little. She is more a mother figure then anything else. As for some of my comments. I know I slip at times with my wording, but I am still learning how to be subtle in this language.

Inari
Katsumi Kim

Post by Katsumi Kim »

I am a little guilty of this, but that is my sense of self-preservation taking over, and it is strong. And I am not apologetic about it.

I agree with what Kolya said about self-preservation taking over in the decisions that we make on what to do if we encounter the supernatural. The thing is most people act and don't think. This is why people are looked at as being blood thirsty barbarians because of the fact that fear is a really great motivator. But like Kolya I am not on the front lines doing the killing, however, I have seen fear and self-preservation come over people not with just the supernatural, but with regular people as well and they do horrible things to them.

As far as figuring out if the supernatural being is good or evil is sometimes hard, but can be figured out with a little observation of the being or even communicating with it. However, you will need a person who has the ability to handle what ever happens and he/she needs to calm the emotions that are running through their brains to make decisions that are best for both the human race and the being even if it means destroying the being. This is not easy, but this is how you truly know what the true intentions are.
Time Heals All Wounds.
The Traveler King

Post by The Traveler King »

Debunker wrote:
Inari wrote:Well it is refreshing to see that not every member of the species is blood thirsty.
Inari

No, but every member is a victim of an overactive imaginations or in real need of attention. But dont panic Inari, they are all talk and no real bite.

If there was such a thing as the supernatural most couldnt put their money where thier mouth is with all the stories they make up. But the ones who could... I'm real concerned about them.

And yet I've invited you onto the premises of a multimillion dollar research facility and you back off, making excuses.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Actually, I'm more surprised at how may of you just say right out you'd just kill without thinking. Isn't that just as bad as what you're killing? Don't you hink that maybe what you're "hunting" is just as worried about you as you are about it? Maybe some "creatures", although they probably have names and families that you don't know about, are trying to survive in a place they don't know, with strange creatures that would rather empty a full clip into their faces before trying to figure out why they're here.

Debunker, you're apparently the voice of reason around here, maybe you can enlighten these people about the legal ramifications about "shoot first, ask questions later".
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Concrete,

I'll admit my strategy might be a simple one, but I don't do things mindlessly. If it's stalking and killing innocent humans, I take it out. If I think it's harmless, or I think some not so innocent person is getting what they deserved, I don't usually give a damn about the creature.

Delta Sierra
Debunker

Post by Debunker »

concrete_Angel wrote:Debunker, you're apparently the voice of reason around here, maybe you can enlighten these people about the legal ramifications about "shoot first, ask questions later".

I thank you for seeing my intentions in the society as reasonable… it's rather refreshing. That being said I've told the members of this site many times about the consequences of their actions, but it's had little impact. But I take heart in knowing that the posts on this site are the scribes of overactive imaginations with nowhere to put them to better use. There are writers on this site who’d make gifted science fiction writers.

On the other hand, there are crazies out there who give us a valid reason to worry, as several months back Ron Caliburn and I saved a colleague (Mrloucifer) from a delusional man who thought he was a demon, unfortunalty he was killed during the rescue. But he was simply insane; there was nothing supernatural about him.
Elliott James Tobias III

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

I know Will's going to be pissed I said it, but I'm kind of glad someone's trying to keep peope's heads level. He's always getting on my case about "this guy's about as logical as pudding" or something screwy like that. Maybe he should try telling you this stuff himself instead of always yelling at me.

But why kill? Say that demon-guy was just a crazy dude-if he didn't off himself, why is it he couldn't have just been captured? Hey, even cops try using the whole "non-lethal takedown" of criminals.
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Look up the Vegas thread in the War Storeis section for the details.

Lou, Debunker and I will give you different accoutns of what was going on at the time, but the bottom line was the guy was using lethal force agaisnt us and we had to respond in kind or die.

Delta Sierra
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Uh, just read it, and HUH?

First, is Lou still all right?

Second, didn't you kind of know you were going to kill him when you went in? I mean, what with all the weaponry and all.

Third, Debunker, why would you voluntarily go into a situation of that level of danger and have someone you thought was on PCP as your help? Isn't that just screwing yourself over if he got out of control?

I'm glad you guys survived, though, because that just sounds totally f-ed up.
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
mrloucifer

Post by mrloucifer »

concrete_Angel wrote:Uh, just read it, and HUH?

First, is Lou still all right?

Yeah love, I'm still alive and back to kickin. It was about two or three weeks of bloody hell, but what dont kill ya only makes ya stronger eh?

But on the bright side, Ron & Mr.D came to me rescue like the white knights they are, best Easter present I could get if ya ask me.

As for that bloody loon goes, killing was too good for him after what all he'd done to me. He got off bleedin lucky.
Debunker

Post by Debunker »

concrete_Angel wrote:
Second, didn't you kind of know you were going to kill him when you went in? I mean, what with all the weaponry and all.

Third, Debunker, why would you voluntarily go into a situation of that level of danger and have someone you thought was on PCP as your help? Isn't that just screwing yourself over if he got out of control?

I'm glad you guys survived, though, because that just sounds totally f-ed up.

Well Angel, Ron is the only one I would have trusted to go in with at the time. He's actually quite levelheaded if not overly creative, and his cat is a serious oddity but that works for him. And yes we went in armed but I went in with the hopes that I wouldnt have to use weaponry. So much for hoping in this case.

We all made it out in one piece in the end and a life was sparred, but it came at the cost of another mans obviously tortured life, but I came to a conclusion from his writing under the title of "Ecclesia", that I believe he was looking for an end to his hated existence.
Elliott James Tobias III

Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

When somebody is holding a hostage, torturing them, you have to assume the situation could require lethal force. So you prepare.

Though our ancillary research led Lou and I to beleive that thebig E was something other than just a deluded human being.

Delta Sierra
mrloucifer

Post by mrloucifer »

Ron Caliburn wrote:When somebody is holding a hostage, torturing them, you have to assume the situation could require lethal force. So you prepare.

Though our ancillary research led Lou and I to beleive that thebig E was something other than just a deluded human being.

Believe?! I damn well bloody know that bastard was all demon! I can concede to maybe there are sick people out there who would torture a bloke the way he did on me for kicks, but those people dont tend to have burning red eyes, and I mean burning as in steam and smoke was rising from em!
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Believe?! I damn well bloody know that bastard was all demon!

If he was a demon, where did he come from, and are there more like him? And if this guy was really a human, what was possessing him and could it come back? Isn't that something to know about what you're after?
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
mrloucifer

Post by mrloucifer »

concrete_Angel wrote:
Believe?! I damn well bloody know that bastard was all demon!

If he was a demon, where did he come from, and are there more like him? And if this guy was really a human, what was possessing him and could it come back? Isn't that something to know about what you're after?

Well love, in this buisiness (if you wanna call it that) most of the time your research on a given target is finding it, and if your armed properly you take it on. If not, retreat until you are and then find it again (hopefully before it causes more death and destruction).

If this paticular case, Ron's got a pea shooter that's down right bloody effective on posession spirits/demons. If he hadn't had that bad boy on him at the time, Ron and BIG D may have had to retreat, which meant I may have been killed of and the bastard demon would be off and running. Then Ron and BIG D start all over again.