Werewolves in the United States

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
BBC

Werewolves in the United States

Post by BBC »

An article in the January 4 USA Today stated that the Interior Dept unveiled rules giving state officials and private landowners in Montana and Idaho more authority to shoot wolves. The story goes on to say how the wolves were once endangered and are now flourishing, so ranchers and farmers can use greater force to protect themselves. Now what I hear about what is really going on is that the government has been capturing werewolves alive for several decades and placing them on special reservations in order to study them. Project Roundup has captured about 800 werewolves. But now it appears the population is getting too large to control and rogue werewolves are starting to endanger the human population. This is an ongoing story. I have several friends who have lived in this area for years and have seen the werewolves first hand.
Geronimus

Post by Geronimus »

There's bad apples in every bunch. Maybe if they were allowed to police themselves, there would be fewer problems.
There be monsters here...
Silhouette

Post by Silhouette »

I'm no expert on American history, but didn't Lewis and Clark report encoutering shapechangers in their travels?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Geronimus wrote:There's bad apples in every bunch. Maybe if they were allowed to police themselves, there would be fewer problems.

If we got rid of the whole bunch there wouldn't be any problems at all.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Sean O'Neil

Post by Sean O'Neil »

I don't think you will be able to get rid of them, they walk around us everyday, hell your neighbors could be a werewolf/shapeshifter.
Lightning Plant

Post by Lightning Plant »

Sean O'Neil wrote:I don't think you will be able to get rid of them, they walk around us everyday, hell your neighbors could be a werewolf/shapeshifter.

In my research, I've discovered that some of those might not be your "standard issue" werebeast. There's another race out there. Apparently, they start out looking and thinking like normal human children, but some of them - not all - change during puberty. Also, it seems like they can't be detected in human form, except by each other. These "cults of night" people are reporting seem to be hunting them, so maybe they can be persuaded to be on our side.
Geronimus

Post by Geronimus »

Ya know, my grandpa talked about the loup garou wen we were on family camping trips when I was a kid. he was Cajun and said that they would always stay way off from the rest of society, and if you let yourself get too far from your fellow man, and to close to nature, you just might become an animal yourself. I used to think that he was just tellin' us that so we wouldn't wander off into the woods at night too far... it worked then, and it works even more now that I've grown and seen a few things that scared the crap right outa me.
There be monsters here...
Spook

Post by Spook »

Ron Caliburn wrote:
Geronimus wrote:There's bad apples in every bunch. Maybe if they were allowed to police themselves, there would be fewer problems.

lol, I'm sure that was the nazi's line of reasoning as well.

Godwin'd in one!
Silhouette

Post by Silhouette »

Spook wrote:
Ron Caliburn wrote:

lol, I'm sure that was the nazi's line of reasoning as well.

Godwin'd in one!

Yes, but then again the Jews weren't turning into semi-invulnerable monsters and committing regular acts of murder whenever they had a bad day.

Let me be totally frank, I've been doing this in two countries now and the equasion is very simple. Paranormal/Supernatural/Uncanny = bad. The only exception that is even possible are psychics who seem to be the natural enemies of such creatures, and the very occasional wielder of so called 'majick' which is probably just another kind of psi-power. Most of those magic users wind up going bad in the long run themselves.

Yeah, every once in a while you hear about an Angel, or some kind of critter that is supposed to be benevolent. Take it from experience, if it seems benevolent it's just trying to trick you.

If your in this business, take it from me. "Research" is best done after the fact. You meet something supernatural, greet it with guns and psi-powers blazing. By the time you give it the benefit of the doubt it could very well be too late.

Things are simpler through Africa where there is either no law or it's totally subjective. Here in the US you have to go underground which can be complicated. On the other hand here in America you have MTV and Gwen Stefani which makes the complications all worthwhile.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate werewolves just because theya re werewolves. I hate 'em 'cause they think we're food.

Delta Sierra
Sean O'Neil

Post by Sean O'Neil »

Why eat people when you could nab a deer or some other type of animal?
randy_eh?

werewolves

Post by randy_eh? »

Sean O'Neil wrote:Why eat people when you could nab a deer or some other type of animal?

That is a very good question. I do not know the answer, but I do have my own theory...it all boils down to "the hunt" which is a basic instinct of survival in all predators. But to a werewolf, this instinct has gone awry. The only way the werewolf can feel satisfied is in the act of hunting. The longer or more challenging the hunt the better. What more challenging of a hunt for a werewolf is there, than to hunt humans? (Ok, vampire is one, but there's never enough of those to go around) Humans are a species without a true predator and a species with a brain capable of reasoning. The ultimate hunt for a werewolf.

-Randy
My snap shot is as quick as a Wayne Gretzky slap shot!
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Well, I know nearly nothing about werebeats, except use the shiney bullets. Werewolves seek worthy adversaries?

I know many humans that would not last 2 seconds. Better stick with the deer in that situation.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
randy_eh?

deer

Post by randy_eh? »

Kolya wrote:Well, I know nearly nothing about werebeats, except use the shiney bullets. Werewolves seek worthy adversaries?

I know many humans that would not last 2 seconds. Better stick with the deer in that situation.

Then again, humans keep pushing the deer out of their native habitat...so, what else is the werewolf going to go after?
My snap shot is as quick as a Wayne Gretzky slap shot!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'm not sure it matters why a werewolf considers us food. Do any of you want to stand there with a clipboard and pencil asking a werewolf questions when its lunch time?

Delta Sierra
ShadowsLight

Post by ShadowsLight »

If you think about it unless the human is psychic or for some reason carrying silver bullets we pose no threat to them, and animals are faster and stronger, we're on the menu cause we're the easy kill. A werewolf can wait on the roof of a second story building and just land on a human and snap their neck in one fluid move, assuming a 200-300 pound beasty falling 14+ feet and slaming a them into the pavement doesnt do it.

Besides according to all the sources I've talked to we taste better... its all the fatty and sugary foods we eat.

Besides bums are plentyfull and easy to come by in most major cities, and will be missed by very few people.
To find the truth one must seek the light within the darkness.
Sean O'Neil

Post by Sean O'Neil »

Ron Caliburn wrote:I'm not sure it matters why a werewolf considers us food. Do any of you want to stand there with a clipboard and pencil asking a werewolf questions when its lunch time?

Yeah, sorta like those people at the mall.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

all this talk of werewolves is nothing more than just that talk they arnt and never will be real

maybe someone has been watching just a little too many movies.

Ive spent plenty enough time with paleo-anthropologists and seen enough bones in my lifetime of animals if they did exsit why havent i ever seen the remains?

The Archaeologist.
Question EVERYTHING, and when you've discovered an answear, question it again.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I do not know why you never seen them.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

He probably doesn't want to. I've met people who, even while the ichor from the bug creature that just tried to disembowl them is still soaking into the carpets start saying "It was just a dog"

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

Werewolves are nothing more than folk tales of paranoid people blowing the ordinary out of proportion. I was attacked by a fair sized wolf the other day it knocked me over and ran after i took a shot at it. If i wanted to sell tabloids and decieve the general public i could have claimed i was attacked by a "Werewolf".
Nick's Mind
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

NicksMind wrote:Werewolves are nothing more than folk tales of paranoid people blowing the ordinary out of proportion. I was attacked by a fair sized wolf the other day it knocked me over and ran after i took a shot at it. If i wanted to sell tabloids and decieve the general public i could have claimed i was attacked by a "Werewolf".

Finally someone on this thread speaking with some sense, and not the mass paranoid delusion that has run amuck thus far.

The Archaeologist.
Joseph Darkhold

Post by Joseph Darkhold »

Just because you've never had a werewolf rip the door off your truck doesn't mean they don't exist.

As to why you have not ever seen the remains of a werewolf, maybe they're just better at cleaning up their messes than we are.

And last but not least, a word of advice. If you refuse to believe in werewolves, then don't go looking for them, your liable to end up as a midnight snack for something you don't believe in.
"Ex Ignorantia ad Sapientiam, e Luce ad Tenebras"
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

for someone who speaks so adament about their existence where is your proof? other than heresay or stories? and just so you know personal experience is not fact, if it was, then elvis would be alive eating pie in twenty thousand some odd diners 7 days a week

its fact or fiction my friend and all you have is fiction thus far

The Archaeologist.
Joseph Darkhold

Post by Joseph Darkhold »

Mr. Lynx

I am not here to try and prove the existance of the paranormal to you, I know it exists and most of the people on this site know it as well. If I was trying to prove the existance of the paranormal to the rest of the world, then I would be doing the talk show circle, not living in a dingy apartment trying to scrape by while I try and protect the world from threats they will not see. Your beliefes are your own and I will not try and force my own upon you.
"Ex Ignorantia ad Sapientiam, e Luce ad Tenebras"
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

L Ya ever hear of a ceolecanth? I've probably speled it wrong, but that don't matter. A ceolecanth was a species of fish that scientists believed died out around 65 million years ago. In short it didn't exist. Kaputski. Nada.

Then someone caught one in the 1930s.

You might be right that there is a scientific explanation for everything, but it don't mean scientists have found it all yet. Perhaps there are creatures that can appear to be part wolf / part man out there, but until you have your precious proof, you won't accept that.

Most of the rest of us, I tend to refer to them as the reasonable people, accept that there is at least a possibility.

A few of us, even have direct observation of things like werewolves, but since our evidence doesn't pass an arbitrary test, we are discounted and disbelieved.

I know what I know and I believe what I believe, but I make it a policy never to assume that my beliefs and knowledge are perfect. If I did, I would have died a long time ago to something I knew didn't exist.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

If there were beings out there of ab-normal intelligence, speed and strength then why havent they made a move to take over our world and cast us into slave stock yet? Simply put because figments of imagiantions cannot kill or harm.
Nick's Mind
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I got 2 possibilities for ya.

1) They are too few to make a successful takeover attempt. There are 6 Billion + humans on this little rock, and a helluva lot of guns, bombs, tanks, and nukes

or

2) They already are in control and are using that superior intelligence of theirs to make sure we don't know about it.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

How do you suppose beings that are rumored to be big and grotesque to assume a role as a president or primeminister. You could say that the control things by using these leaders as meat puppets. If that is true then it is very impropable that there agenda is so closely related to the general public.
Nick's Mind
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Let me ask you this Mr Caliburn, with everything we have discussed on this board you have not once turned anything over but stories or heresay all i ask is that you provide me with truth to your claims take with that what you will

and Mr Darkhold, your continued acceptence that these so called paranomal activies does not make you any more right on the subject

to both of you i ask if you can provide me with an clear cut evidence to dig deeper i shall if not your no different then those fakes on television all talk

i have investigated many archealogical sites in my career that have had countless claims of superstitous or paranormal activities and every single one of them have been false claims in the end or nothing more than a few local crazies with too much free time on their hands

and since my joining this board (along with many others as feelers) in my search for some missing artifacts i have come across not only the same old stories but now i hear stories of so called psychics whats next? claims of the presidents secret deal with aliens?

but i digress i have spent too much time on a argument that derails my attention from my true duties

The Archaeologist