Talking dolls and missing persons.

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Micheal - take some back up next time you go into the woods.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I was not expecting trouble and Dark is a little out of it. He's doing a lot better today, I was'nt going to risk his health in the woods last night. Today he seems over the concusion and we will both be heading in next time.

Oh side note seems there was a string of this happening about twenty years ago, we are delving futher back in the towns history to see if there is a patteren or not.

Michael T.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

You thinkin' one of those transitional places of power things?

Delta Sierra
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I am not sure, it does'nt feel like one of those. I think maybe something that goes dormant for long periods of time, I will be doing more investigation once the LEOs calm down in the area again.

Michael T.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I am back up and moving today. I finally gave in and let Michael heal me. The accident was my fault for making such a rookie mistake.

While I was driving I got the sense of something nearby. I figured it was the creature that had been bothering Colt and thought that if it was close enough the problem could have been over before it started. Everything was fine until I opened up my senses.

As soon as I did it was able to track me as fast I could track it. We both knew that we were extremely close to each other and it was in a better position to take advantage of it. If I hadn't been so cocky I wouldn't have been down like this.

That said, now that I am up I am going to start researching more heavily into the history of the town. I have to be careful heading into the woods because it knows what I am capable of now. I am hoping that the past will give us some clues. I just hope that this library has been computerized.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Dark, you need to have a teamate with you before you give the critters an opening like that.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

A few days matter. Any word?
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Hey DK, Michael what is happening?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Just in from the hopefully last encounter with this thing I'll post more later after some rest and a bit of medical aid.

Michael T.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Okay, feel much better now. On with the story.

DK and I split up once again as he was buried in research on the incidents and there occurances, I headed out to check the area around the school and the areas near the woods in question. I spent most of the evening checking on vibes I could feel in some of the areas near the school. About dusk I felt something near me, I hate that my spells don't have quite the fine tuned finses as a psychics gifts usally. I spotted the thing in a tree creeping up on me, I keep my thoughts locked down and let only oblivious intrest in the area I was studing show through. A talent my mentor pounded into me young, to let some one see only what I want them to in my mind if they don't beat my mental defenses. The thing looked very much like a were spider to some degree, but it had no flesh on it, it was humanoid and green with motled brown splotches on it. The thing moved through the trees with extreme dexterity and stealth, it lunged after it got close enough to be sure of hitting me.
I hurled a force bolt as it began it's leap, the bolt slowed it enough that the impact was not serious. It began trying to assualt my mind with telepathy and trying to make me sleep, I hurled a few spells back to throw it off balance. The fight was very brutal and the things rib cage opened and clamped on my left leg at one point, it felt like my leg was snapped into almost instantly. I called lighting on us both as it clamped down, I felt at least on of the strikes get through my invunrability spell. the creature howled telepathiclly before vanishing in a cloud of smoke. I don't think I destroyed it, but I may have broken it's cycle early. I will be checking into this area again to make sure the thing is not reappearing to cause more harm.

I still am not sure what the hell this was, it has the feel of a vampire, but not quite the same aura. I am not happy with the current situation to this event. If any one is interested in helping investigate please do not go alone as this thing can become invisible to almost everyone.

Michael T.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I've researched and researched the problem over the past week, but I cannot find anything solid. The pattern is there, but I cannot find it yet.

I wish I could have been there in the woods, but it knows me now and I doubt I will be able to get close to it again. These are the times I wished my range was better on my sensing abilities, but we make do with what we have.

Unfortunately, at this point I need to get back to Pittsburgh. There are things there that I need to take care of. I had them total out my car, and I have invested another $4000 in a new used one. It's a 1997 Grand Am with roughly 150,000 miles on it. Hopefully I will have more luck with this one than the last two.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I think the two of you needed to stick together on this - two minds going over the research, to sets of eyes watchign each other's backs. Micheal, I suggest you watch yourself real close until we get another there to help you out.

Who's available?

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I could get there with a few people maybe?
Colt47

Post by Colt47 »

Sorry for my extended absence. While you were fighting that thing in the woods Michael I was dealing with the police for a whole week. I've read in the news that they found a lot of the missing kids bodies in the woods. I think I might be starting to get used to this craziness. I mean, if I compare it to a wolf hunting a rabbit, it's just like a really smart, fast moving wolf hunting humans, which would be the rabbits.

On a side note, my neighbors dog has gone missing after it was heard barking last night.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Animals are much more in tune with what monsters are doing than people - that's why I work with a cat.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

You can always trust a cat.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:You can always trust a cat.

You took the words right outta my mouth.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Yip. :lol:
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

You can never trust a cat.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Yeah, I used to own one. No, it owned my family. Cats can be selfish little fuzzballs.
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'd rather have a cat at my side than a dog. A dog starts barking and growling when it senses a nasty - giving away your position.

A cat keeps quiet and arches it's back - giving you warning without tipping your hand.

Besides, if you'dseen what the cats did to that bogeyman I dealt with a couple years back you'd want a cat at your side too.

Delta Sierra
Colt47

Post by Colt47 »

Well, I've lost track of the monster along with my Neighbor. It seems that after the strange events that happened over the last couple of weeks he decided to move out? There's nothing left in his house and there is a for sale sign out on the lawn. I've had about several encounters with the so called creature after the incident with Michael in the woods and out of seven only one turned into a actual fight. Yeah, I'd give the details on that little encounter, but it was pretty dark. I went into the wood lot around 10 pm with a hunting crossbow I bought from Sportsmart. The shotgun is definitely the better choice for firepower, but considering the amount of noise that sucker would make I'd have police scrambling into the area in 5-10 minutes. Thankfully, with the fourth of July being the next day, I was able to make some "special" ammo using the powder from some of the shells, the metal balls, and some razorblades. Yes I said razor blades.

I can't be sure how many direct hits I actually scored on the critter while I was in the wood lot, but from the flashes I know it had to get hit by at least some of the spray from the blasts. Also, I think I went a little overboard on the charges. I used some Nitro in the packaging so I only could carry three of em. If I carried anymore one miss fire would have blown me to bits.

Also, I don't know how to explain this, but that thing was trying to attack my mind when I was in there. Well, I'm going to go check the woods now since it's daylight to review the scene.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I hope you find proof of death of the creature

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Usually, unless we see them discorporiate, we have no proof of death.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

True . . . but we can hope for such.

Delta Sierra
Colt47

Post by Colt47 »

Alright I checked the area and it looks like I did hit it at least once directly. There is a lot of strange blood around and what looks like a piece of its arm. I don't even feel that ominous feeling I got from before anymore. Maybe it bled to death?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

These things don't leave chunks of them around when they die as a general rule - any pices severed disappear when the creature dies.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

This situation has me worried. It may not be over.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It's never over.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

True but I can't shake this feeling that the other shoe is about to drop soon. :?