Anyone got some time to waste?

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I never forgot where they are, and have been setting things up myself to cover them, if it is needed.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Yes Ron we're in a war zone, thank you for reminding us for the umpteenth time. The fact is we're walking a fine line here. Too much security and we lose anonymity. Not enough and we might not have adequate defenses should our anonymity be breached.

Frankly Ron, you can bring up all the objections you want, but I think we are staying put. Anyone attacks and they will encounter some extreme measures which I am more than ready to put into play.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

So that Item you ask for going to be useful then, what about those other things I dropped off?
Logos

Post by Logos »

And that's why Koralth lent me his UMP. Ron, we're already here, so if you don't mind not being so pessimistic? Sure, we could run into problems, and I plan on doing my best to make sure that in such an eventuality, we can all make a safe escape. Cool it, Ron, we're here now, and putting everyone on edge and pretty much saying over and over that we're going to die doesn't make us any safer.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Well, that was interesting, sorry about the wakeup at midnight people, I wasn't expecting to have any of my sensors go off, guess I didn't set the filter on my EMF detetection units high enough, that was a lot more energy than what would be "normal" for such a site, I think.

And Ron, I brought enough sonics to vibrate the sand away from a football field - a change in frequency, and reposition the emitters, and I doub't anyone would still be a threat. Pulsed Magnetic Resonanace Imaging device, very handy at trying to see the insides of things without breaking them - also quite capable of causing a great deal of sof tissue trauma if the field emmiters for it are misaligned when triggered. You see, ron Caliburn, that just because I do not carry weapons, does not mean that I am unarmed.

Oh and sorry about the loss of the rest of the day yesterday, I had forgotten about the date. We will pick up in the morning. Given the layout I am seeing here I didn't think it would be a good idea to be doing anythiing until the variations in the local EMF radiation settled down to a level closer to normal background levels.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Again, a few fancy toys and spells won't help you if you don't have enough people to man the firing line when the time comes.

I really think you should get more security forces there to cover you.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

If there's an American military base nearby I can pull strings if absolutely positively necessary.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Depending how far north they are, probably not, although they may have some special operations guys with the peshmergas.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'm not going to stop worrying until they are clear - even if the Big Red One is on perimiter defence..

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ron you are not the only one who is worried, But I have tried to help set a few things up to ensure their safety.
Rain

Post by Rain »

If anyone cares, we are safe, no terrorists have come looking for us or such yet. :P
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

So are they in Kurdistan? Exaclty how far north are they?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

No, you're not safe, you're in a war zone. Safe doesn't exist there.

You're alive and unharmed is more accurate.

Delta Sierra
Rain

Post by Rain »

Fine we are not safe, but at least for the moment we are not in trouble either.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Trouble is relative Rain. It is safer to say that we are unharmed.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Safe and trouble are very relativistic conditions where you are at.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Iran, Turkey... ah well, opsec means I don't get to know.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Sorry about the posting delay, something took the satelite codes I had off line, took a bit to obtain new ones, trying to get all the details on what happened sorted out into a palletable format.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So did you need more guards?

Delta Sierra
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Not yet at least, although my biggest concern isnt the local insurgents, but rather possible encounters with the local tribesmen.

Koyla, it is Iraq but barely, a part of the reason I don't want a major armed force, no need to cause worries like that so close to the border.

Right now the biggest trouble I have is the scope and shape of the dig, I would like to investigate farther, but I am not yet sure it would be a prudent course of action.

Still working on energy readings, getting some anomolous EMF readings.
Rain

Post by Rain »

Things have been kind of quiet out here. Haven't seen any locals so that has not been an issue, but there has been some weirdness of late, and Kei has been getting Grouchy. :?
Bert_the_Turtle

Make sure she has plenty of her pills.
Rain

Post by Rain »

She has been taking them, thou I think she has maybe been taking more than normal. If she isin't careful she is going to go through the supply she brought with her.
Oh the weirdness I was talking about is a couple of things. First off small things have been being moved, but nobody know who did it, other thing have gone missing and then returned?
Oh and Kei has built up a fairly reasonable idea of what this city may have looked like, and lets just say it is a little worrisome.
Bert_the_Turtle

Oh? What's it look like?
Rain

Post by Rain »

The City seems to be in the shape of a Pentagram, with the surrounding walls forming a Pentagon.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well, its round and has wings, and kind of looks like a big tylenol.

Do you guys need me to return to the site?

WWVLD
Rain

Post by Rain »

Maybe, but no rush just yet. You have missed Kei getting grouchy thou, Lucky you. :P
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

These damned EMF hotspots just wont stay stable between scan sweeps. They are putting off approximately 2 teslas more than the local reading, which is 1 tesla above normal geomagnetic activity.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Uh huh, and in english that means?

WWVLD
Rain

Post by Rain »

Don't know if this will work as far as you are concerned Ghost, But it seems the fields Kei is trying to mesure are moving. And that is not the only thing that has been moving, we have had an upgrade of sorts. We had small objects( Pens, tools, and small flashlights,) randomly get misplaced, to now larger items have been moved pistols, knives, full canteens, Lantern lights, and someones laptop. It has all been found but not where it was left. :?
Oh and Kei is going from Grouchy to Bitchy, I swear she was ready to tear a rather expensive piece of apart, because it was giving readings that didn't seem to make sense?
I have also been getting a sense of something lately, as has Athena, but neither of us know what it is? Sometimes it feels like someone is watching when noone is there.