Anyone got some time to waste?

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It doens't matter if you are two, ten or a hundred - a group mucking about out there in the desert is unusual and will be investigated.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Well since the government has sanctioned the dig, the side with the equipment already knows where we are going to be. The local P.M. is hoping there will be a site for politacl reasons (I suppose he wants a link between his cabinet and the great leaders of messapotamia's ancient past.)
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

if you are going pleas PM me for further details.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Actualyl it means all sdes know where you are going to e - half the poiticos there work with one of the factions, the other half work with all of the factions.

So assume you will be visited by whichever faction(s) don't want you being there.

I still suggest you get guards, in a decent ammount. Don't rely on the Army to come bail you out, these days they are having a tough enough time protecting their own.

Gov't really needs to ante up or pull out.

Delta Sierra
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

You worry to much Ron Caliburn, I am touched, but I have contingencies in place.

As I already said, if things get bad we only need to hold for a couple hours. I dont know much about building such, but I think we should be able to make some earthworks pretty fast with a bulldozer backhoe combo - it may be the smallest one they have, but it should do if needed, that and I will have dominance on the intelligenc department, I am going to set a good net up on arival.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Would you like me to send along some toys and manuals? Anyone that attending my seminar should, with the manuals, be able to assemble some explodey defenses, with little risk to themselves if they keep it simple.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

You might have earthworks, but if you don't have the bodies and guns to man them prperly, you will be overwhelmed if they decide to come at you in force.

If they really get agrivated they have rocket launchers and mortars.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Not if they can't find us Ron. :wink:

Kei, I think I got the bugs worked out of this spell I found (bad translations are a bitch), and now I need only a few components to get it going. I'm PMing you and Shadow the details.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

You should still have a plan B for when they find you

Or are you not the guy who just said expect the unexpected?

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Ah, but that is the beauty of this spell, it has both plan A&B mixed together.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

How so?

and the plan for if the magic doens't work?

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

The spell is two parts, both are linked but can operate independently of each other. One part is a mystical illusion, a glamour if you will. It will project whatever image we specify. The second part is a psychic suggestion that makes it hard for them to focus on the dig site. That's why this spell is so somponent heavy.

However, I am not advocating that we have no on-site security. Far from it in fact. I'm just proposing this as another option.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

And how long would it take to set this spell in motion?

What if someone says that their haij homies need to check out the sight in detailanyway?

Delta Sierra
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

That my friend is when they wind up searching a patch of sand over 200 miles away with a much better reputation for having ancien ruins. Just because I registered the dig with the athourities does not mean that they have an accurate location.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Good idea . . . but again that doesn't mean they won't figure out where you are really at.

Basing your defenses around going unnoticed leaves you up the creek if you are found.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I will be dropping by with the item you asked for Ghost, here a little later in the Day.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

You seem to belive Ron Caliburn, that I would leave my well being to stealth alone. I am not quite as stupid as you seem to think, precautions have been taken against possible hostile action, but more have been taken to prevent said action from being needed.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Ran a bit late getting on site, an agrument of the necessity to land to deliver personell and eqipment to the site (he decided we should jump, got more co-operative when I showed him .45 reasons to touch down to let us unload, don't think that one is going to take any work from me anymore.

Anyhow the seismic tomography charges are indicating a site that may be worth a dig.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

And you make it sound like you're no taking enough protection for if the stealth fails. I'd rather not have any society members staring in a video on Al Jazeera.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

If anyone ends up in that predicament I will personally lead the rescue attempt.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I am not too worried about Katja anyway.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Do not worry Ron Caliburn, A great deal of my specialized equipment can be very badly misused if needed. I have actualy taken precautions in the eventuality of a capture, as well, I doubt we would be in trouble for long.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Kei, I don't know what happened when you detonated those charges, but it felt like I was struck by a bolt of lightning. My hair was standing on end and Karlash & Belladrox both started shouting warnings in my head. I need some aspirin. :evil:

Anyway, Belladrox said he sensed "The workings of an old rival". He wasn't really forthcoming about who this rival was. He also mentioned that you nearly awoke "lesser fragments". That one completely blew by me. He hasn't mentioned anything else, and i'm inclined to believe him, as this information goes towards saving his own skin.

Something's here and that means that this site is not a total bust. :D

As a side note for all, please DO NOT TOUCH the cargo I brought along. The two items in question are heavily warded and I don't want to see anyone get zapped by one of my death wards.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:If anyone ends up in that predicament I will personally lead the rescue attempt.

I doubt it, the baddies take folks, film a video or two, decapitate them on camera and stash the body. Then the release the videos over a few weeks to make it look like they are benevolant captors who relucatnly had to execute the hostage because their demands were not met.

By the time we get a rescue op organized they will be drifting down the Tigris.

Delta Sierra
Rain

Post by Rain »

Such cheerfull thoughts you have Mr. Caliburn. :shock: :?
Kei, Ghost is not the only one that felt something when you used those charges. Athena, and I felt something, and it felt, :?: Wrong is the only word that comes to mind, and even that doesn't begin to cover it.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I've fought agaisnt Demons, Monsters, Vampires and Werewolves . . . none of them scare me as much as a man who doesn't care if he dies holding an automatic weapon.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ron if it is needed a rescue mission would move faster than you may think.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

But would it move fast enough?

I'm not sure.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

If I have anything to say about it, HELL YES!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

More protection would be far better than a speed rescue mission.

Again, since people have forgotten - It's a War Zone!!

Delta Sierra