Story time

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Ron Caliburn

Story time

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well guys and gals, why don't we all tell a story of the weirdest situation we've ever been in?

Can be funny, can be scary, but it's got to be weird.

I'll let one of you go first.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Lucas Priest

Post by Lucas Priest »

Ok- strap this one on.... I was investigating a mass murder site in Montana where a logging camp of 23 workers and on-site staff apparently went to war with each other, untill the last man standing headed off to town and was shot by local authorites when he tried to EAT a local police officer while he was still alive!! I went with a local psychic who "read" the place but came up zero. Very weird to start, but it gets better... As we went through the place, he kept getting weird vibes from small "hot spots" all around the camp. It took us several hours to ID the spots as...Beer cans. Further research online and in the local library showed (and i'm making several days of research and interviews into a condensed version) that the new local brewery was constructed on top of a site that a powerful demon had been imprisoned in. It would seem his seething hatred and impulses to kill humans had literally seeped into the beer being processed and then passed to those who imbibed. Some friends and I umm...stalled the processing facility( with some explosives ) and while the FDA was checking the place out, a local shaman came in and put additional suppressions on the Grywynald? imprisoned beneath. I later learned that some pressure was put on to comdemn the site, so no reconstruction has happened, but I would look out for any food or beverage items produced in Scahatchi, Montana from now on....
The science of any sufficiently advanced society would appear as magic to those less developed...
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Montana always sounded like a nice place for me. I guess it is still not that bad.

This is not the weirdest story, but it is the most recent. If I get a little more time, I will share other weird stories.

A chemist was hitting up a bank for loans to research some information that would drastically slow human aging processes. He claimed to have been given this information by alien visitors one night. The chemist was "obviously under drugs" according to the banker's report after calling for security to have the chemist removed. A few days later the chemist was found beaten to death near a park bench. His death is still under investigation, however, violence against foreigners has been a real problem in Petersburg lately - this chemist was not only not Russian, but also from Tajikstan, an Asian republic, although he had lived in Petersburg since 1975.

We went to search the chemist's flat in St. Petersburg. There were old American toys everywhere. There were military action figures in front of a Jedi council firing squad; Barbie was hanging from a miniature gallows; and other such scenes being played out. I wish I had taken photos.

Interestingly, those toys turned out to lead us to some underground chemists in Missouri, USA.

I am going to the States very soon, but not on vacation like I was planning.

Ron, if you let me know what you want, I might be able to arrange something. No promises though.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Now that is messed. tyhe toy thing reminds me of the child killer I took down earlier this year.

As for the goodies, I'm really interested in those newer weapons. Almost all of them in new 9mm cartridges, plus some ammunition to keep them going for a while. I want to see for myself if the claim of silent and armour piercing isn't mutually exclusive.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I am able to turn in a few favours and grease a palm or two...

This video shows the pistol (Gryuza) and subgun (SR-2) being fired.

I can get you the pistol, the subgun, and 2,000 rounds (500 of which are tracer rounds) of SP-10 ammo.

Both weapons are fairly well used, but in terrific condition. Our armourer loves his job.

Make an offer, but it has to be worth at least $2,000 (two thousand US dollars) for this to be possible.

I do not really need cash, but I do not say no to American dollars either.

You're gonna have to meet me in St. Louis. I am there for most of June; let me know if there is problem with timing or payment and I'll try to work something out.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Those are a nice couple of items. Do you also have a chance of bringing over a couple of those 9mm rifles?

We should make more detailed arrangements in PM.

Delta Sierra
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

'Sup, gents?

Something odd happened to me last Halloween. I was sweeping the sidewalk in front of the monastery after the kids left and I heard the rustle of dark wings. A buncha ravens had fluttered down on ledges near the Trick-O-Treaters and began calling.

Suddenly this wino came out of the alley and snatched one.

I dropped the broom and dashed across the street as the children scattered, screaming. Punk saw me coming and paused to throw a Dumpster at me!

I coulda dodged it, but it woulda hit the kids behind me, so I had ta catch it. Luckily, it was empty. My hands stung afterward, but even worse, the dude had disappeared with the kid.

I was tryin' to decide which way he went when I heard caterwauling to the west. Figured it was my best shot, so I went down the alley at a sprint.

Some cats were clawing at a barred window. I peered inside and saw the reflective stripes from the kid's costume. I pulled the bars off the window and crashed through. I got some cuts on my hands, but I knew they'd heal right up. I saw the kid curled up, sobbing, but not the wino. I leaned my head to the side as the wino took a swing at me from behind, and parried his next few while he laughed at me.

Punk stopped laughing when his order arrived, a knuckle sandwich with extra whoop-ass. We rumbled for a long time. Damn he was strong. I finally threw the dude through the door and into the alley so the kid wouldn't get hurt while we settled his bill.

The odd thing was, after I dropped him, birds and cats started working him over. I went inside to get the kid, and when I came out, all that was left of the wino was his clothes.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Holy crap. That sounds nearly identical to the thing I tangled with a couple months back. Details of that encounter can be found here

I wonder if this thing is a type that shows up often or what.

Delta Sierra
Joseph Darkhold

Post by Joseph Darkhold »

I have a feeling that these things do show up unpleasantly often...I've taken care of two of them myself.
"Ex Ignorantia ad Sapientiam, e Luce ad Tenebras"
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Lets compare notes, anything work particularly well?

Mine went down with a liberal application of 00 buck.

Delta Sierra
Joseph Darkhold

Post by Joseph Darkhold »

Heh...pretty much the same here...they're tougher than my former mother-in-law, but it sure seems like they can be killed by normal weapons. The first one I killed I got lucky on and I hit it in the face with a 12 gauge slug at point blank. It went down pretty hard, but to be safe I shot it again...mainly cause the sucker stank of supernatural evil and I wanted to be safe. The other took a little longer and I ended up killing it with a sword, which was all that I had on hand at the time. (long story, when I have enough time I'll tell it.)
"Ex Ignorantia ad Sapientiam, e Luce ad Tenebras"
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Mine was a tough bugger, if I hadn't gotten the space to use my gun on it, I doubt I would have made it through

Delta Sierra
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

He wasn't measurably stronger than me, so I just punched him out. It worked okay; staying right in his face kept him from using any tricks.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

My guy didn't try any tricks, but then again, I sort of ambushed him in his own lair.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delta Sierra
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Where as Mr. Long went through his wall.
Overspecialization leads to getting the crap beaten out of you.
Unreliable backup leads to getting thrown through a shed.
Katsumi Kim

Post by Katsumi Kim »

Well if it works than do it I say.
Time Heals All Wounds.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

This happened around New Year's day. Obviously I cannot reveal all the details in the file, but here is an overview...

An arcanist believing himself to be the reincarnation of Rasputin was causing some problems. He had been arrested in connection with a murder and in route he escaped and simply disappeared. This was last summer.

When one of our investigators in St. Petersburg was investigating a man in quarantine - he had a more or less constant odour of burning flesh and an extremely high temperature that should have killed him long before it did - he recognised the patient as the wanted arcanist.

Extensive post mortem tests came up with no reasonable explanations. Nothing was overly unusual except that his insides showed signs of being cooked, presumably a result of his high fever.

The case was eventually closed. The popular opinion seems to be that he was transdimensional and pissed off the wrong "things".

I remember hearing about a case in New York City - someone was having inexplicable sulphur-like body odours, but it does not seem to have been fatal for that patient. Otherise, I have not heard anything else about strange body odours before.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Interesting, but what I want to know is how someone would notice a person having sulfuric BO in a place that smells like New York City?

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Heh... perhaps the old proverb "there is always a bull with bigger horns" applies?

I have never been to NYC myself, and it really does not sound too appealing to me, although I know a couple of people who absolutely love NYC.

There are truly some sick individuals in our world...
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Duhov in a mini skirt stomping a gremlin's teeth out.

Although I could have stopped right after the word skirt.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Hey, I haven't really done much, but I did have a really freaky dream recently.

I woke up in a dark room, curled up in a fetal position. I tried to move, but I was stuck inside some really small box, or cage, something like that. I sat up slightly, and noticed that my arm was completely numb. I couldn't move it, or feel it, nothing. I started feeling cold, but I couldn't tell if it was the room or me getting scared. The stench was nasty, though.

When someone finally came by, I couldn't even tell what the hell it was. then another one showed up, and the two of them started talking to each other. I don't know, maybe they thought I was some kind of lab rat. The last thing I remember before I woke up for real was seeing this pair of eyes staring at me like it knew me or something. Damn, that freaked me the hell out!
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Given recent experiences - I have to say dreams can be real.

Delta Sierra
Rain

Post by Rain »

Not only real, but dangerous.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Extremely so.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

This could be connected with your missing time.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

It is something I will be helping her with, wouldn't mind some help thou.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

So, what, you think I was kidnapped? Admittedly, that would explain some things, but why wouldn't I remember it?
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Prof. Rosecrest

Post by Prof. Rosecrest »

There could be any number of reasons Angel. You may have been drugged, it could be a defense method of your mind, or it could be something else?
You can find answers in the Dark places.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Well, shit. If I can't even trust my own damn mind, what the hell good am I?
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Prof. Rosecrest

Post by Prof. Rosecrest »

Like I said, It could be anything, and you are not the first to doubt your own mind. Ask Ron.
You can find answers in the Dark places.