The Translation

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
DarKnyht

The Translation

Post by DarKnyht »

I just got the first few pages of the book translated, it seems to be a copy of an even old manuscript. I will post the introduction as translated.

I, Mordecai son of Ephron, give this last witness for my king Sabium, may he forever rule. It was for the love of my Anata that I betrayed my brothers and saved my king's country. In this record I will tell my king of everything that occurred and of the betrayal I committed to my brothers before I pay for my treason.

I once belonged to a great secret society in Babylon and knew many secrets that mortal man should not know. I held the secrets of the universe along with my brothers and we could even defeat death. However, my brothers were not satisfied with out power and sought even more. Unfortunately, this was the downfall of us all.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Yo Ron!

Do you have any ancestors from Babylon?
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Bert,

My Pa and I both have biblical names, as do most of those in our family.

Mordecai

Hannah

So this is just a coinky-dink.

Hannah

PS: For all we know, back then it was as common as John is today.
I will be who I chose to be.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

I dunno. The similarities are kind of stark. Secret Society?
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Here is some more of the text.

"We created the statues for the purpose of opening a gateway. We foolishly believed that there was a great power that we could control. Had I not acted, our world would have been consumed by what was almost released. As it was, I almost realized our mistake too late. While I was unable to stop what we did, I was able to prevent it for a time. As I did it I knew then that the law would still condemn me to death, but perhaps my children would live and be better than their father. I pray to the gods that they do so.

The statues were the key, since I helped forge them I was able to slightly alter their purpose. While they are still capable of their original purpose, they are also the key to preventing it. My king, I beg you to keep them safe from those like me and my brothers. Before I am killed, let me teach you what you need to know."
Last edited by DarKnyht on Tue May 22, 2007 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

The next part of the text.

"The Christians had scattered a part of our brotherhood far and wide their persecution of our brotherhood. I had started to lose hope of achieving our goals and when word from those in Sicily arrived. Although the risk was great, I travelled far with one of my brothers to get there. We both knew to complete our task, all of our energies would be needed.

My companion was full of rage. He had been exiled from his homeland by the Christian church and was forced to joined me in beautiful Babylon. He was determined to use the power we gained to take his revenge. I think it was my time with him that opened my eyes to the anger and hatred of my brothers.

The journey was long and had many perils along the way, but we made it there safely and undiscovered. My time spent learning my father's craft as a merchant served us in our travels. It ensured that no one was the wiser to our true purpose.

When we arrived we discovered that it was a new brother that I had never met that had summoned us. He had found a way to help us achieve our goals."
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Where did I get this book? I don't remember a thing about it.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Good question, you sent it to me a few days ago. A day or two after that The Voice sent this shadow thing after me. I have been on the move ever since.

"I did not like the stranger. His speech was odd, as was the clothes he wore. He claimed to be from a very distant land, but having travelled most of the known world I did not recognize either. So while I listened to what he told us, I also watched for the lies that were there.

My companion was not so. He drank in the words of the stranger and I could see the lust for the power that was promised. Slowly the friend I had turned into something darker than he was. It was like the stranger was bringing all the bad of my friend out. My friend was not alone in this change. They say power corrupts and I witnessed it happening to my brothers. They became blind to everything else but the promise of power.

Our task was simple. The stranger was to help us forge five statues. Four of them would control one of the elements each and the fifth would control life itself. While alone they had power great power, it was when they were put together that their true potential would be realized. The stranger told us that it would allow the master to be released."
Logos

Post by Logos »

I'd love it if I could say that I didn't see some stunning relevance here, in comparison with some of the things people around here were saying about what might happen to me... :(

What were these people seeking? Something Morte keeps trying to promise... Can't put my tongue on it, it's right there at the tip... Starts with a V?

Morte, how long have you been around, again?

Though, it seems more likely that this is more up Bass' alley. I don't trust any o' ya. :?
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

and this is why I need to finish up my story on "My first Cult Bust."

Yes, during the bust there WERE statues, they needed to be destroyed. Logos, I think this is definitely relevant to Bass, there's no doubt about it. I don't think Morte's got any hand in this one, he and Belladrox don't seem to be too close. Still, watch your back.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I do not think that destroying them would be a good thing. The first book the computers translated spoke of a dark future if the statue was just destroyed.
Logos

Post by Logos »

Well then, do we have a hazardous materials bin for items that are harbingers of Armageddon?
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

That's the other kicker of all of this. Even if we got them and hid them, they are programmed to return to home base every so often. Given the amount of attention I have been getting from The Voice's minions, I think that the book is or has the key to stopping this madness.

I just wish they would give me the time to work on it in peace.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Well, I managed to get the next section from the servers. I cannot stay put much longer. It is night and that is when the creature starts hunting me. So I am back on the road. I will be driving until daylight, although I will try to check in when I am getting fuel. I do not know how much longer I can keep up this mad pace.

It is weak against daylight and to a lesser extent man-made light. Although it is effecting it less than it has in the past. If anyone knows how to kill one of these things, please contact me.

"I did not like this talk of 'The Master' that the stranger brought to our brotherhood. We did not gather to be under someone else's rule, but to gain power for ourselves. I also did not like the sacrifices the stranger made our my brothers in order to create these statues.

My friend was different, he eagerly embraced the entire process. After the first statue he was the one cutting down his brothers for the stranger. The change in him sickened me, as did the change in my brothers. Quickly I realized that the friend I knew was gone and only something darker remained. I mourn the loss of him.

The madness continued until the statues were completed Along the way more brothers became mad like my friend. Those of us that remained sane were rounded up for the summoning of the master. The stranger and my friend, who now called himself 'A Voice for The Master', stood on a platform with the statues.

As the ritual started, a gate slowly started to open. As it grew, I looked in horror as an army of demons stood waiting to get through the opening. I knew that soon we would all be killed by the mad ones, and there was only a little time to act. I got my remaining brothers to gather their strength in me."
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

It sounds like a shadow beast, but i'm not sure.

Yeah, you do need to finish your post Koralth. :D
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

I always knew Mordecai's journal had survived. My servant will take it from your cold, dead fingers knyht.

Still, it is intriguing knowing what went through his head.
By the hands of you fools, my Master shall be freed.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Here is the final part. I hope this helps direct everyone, I pulled it down as the gas was pumping and I was getting a some food for the road. Need to get back on the road after this.

"The energies they gave me were immense and I thought about wiping my friend out with the power I held. But there were more important things to do. I started countering the magics that were already at play.

I quickly found that I could not stop what was happening. The energies involved were too great, and I decided that instead of fighting directly against the stranger I would alter what he was doing. The spell cost many of my brother's lives, slowly draining them as they stood. But we succeeded, and the statues turned the energies involved back on the portal causing it feed on itself.

By the time it was all over, the hour of power that was need had past. It would be a century before the energies would gather again at the proper location. The mad ones attacked those of us that had thwarted them, but somehow I managed to escape. Eventually I made my way here to Rome to tell you my tale.

I know that I must die for my crimes, and while you call this a confession I do not accept your god. I beg that you go and recover the statues. Also you must kill the stranger and his new brotherhood. Use the spells I have created to keep the portal closed, keep my family safe from this horror."

The text goes on to speak of a sentence and a killing. It also describes a ritual, with notes added by others. Finally it has a note from the pope decreeing that an order be established to watch over the statues.

The interesting part is the last bit. Some else has added the following:

"The master will be pleased, the brotherhood has succeeded in finding away around this fool's alteration. All we need to find is the correct conduit and He shall be freed."

I am sending the copies of the translated text to GhostSpider, in case something unforeseen happens to me.

Return to “War Stories”