Terra's missing

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Yep, we defintely need more information on this statue.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

It took some work, but I managed to get someone to let me know the statue is gone.

We really need to figure out what exactly what it can do. If it was worth killing two people over, I am guess something big and not good.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Hey DK, did the text say how many "brothers and sisters" the statue had?

WWVLD
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Did the police recover any family trees amongst the items collected and catalogued? Reference any found papers against their actual family and see if they match.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Unfortunately, very few reasons worth killing people are the actual reasons people get killed these days.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Bert to answer your question, at the moment I do not know. I am having to use a reporter friend from Nashville to get information and it is a slow process. Hopefully I will have some more answers soon.

Ron, it is sad that what you said is true. I worries me how many bad things happen over such stupid things.

Ghost, I do not know yet. I am still trying to research the book I found and I am having a friend help me research other sources with the information we do know. The note was written in a different hand with a different code. The entire book is like that.

There are different parts written by different people each with their own code, and they all have commented on each other in their own code. At this point it seems to be their names that are the keys, but figuring out the correct names and spellings is more complicated than originally thought. I've set up a server to do nothing but attempt to crack the codes for information.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well Dark, I have a way to get us more information, but it will be extremely dangerous. PM me for more details.

WWVLD
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

More parts of the book were unlocked. Most of it was useless information, talking about the spells they used and the components needed. However there were too notes that was of interest.

The first was, "I have located the old man, and after much work I got him to tell where two of the five are at." The second one of interest was, "Although I have tried all my life, I have been unable to find this brotherhood. I know they hold the secrets I seek."

As always I will post more as I get it unlocked. Hopefully there will be more in the morning. I have added another PC to the cluster doing the cracking.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Could be something, could be nothing, I hope you can find out soon.

Delta Sierra
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I think it is something. I will try to post more later tonight.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Sorry for the delay, I had to double check some of the information before I posted. Also, I had an unexpected and currently unexplained package arrive at my front door this afternoon. But, I will get to that a little later right now I need to post what I discovered.

One of the more interesting posts that have been unlocked was the text the second phrase was referring to. It appears to be written around World War I from what I can tell from some of the entries this person made. Anyways, it talks about a group known as the Obertine Brotherhood. If the entry is to belief I think this group can tell us what we need to know about these statues.

I haven't found anything on where they are at specifically, but the clues I have are pointing to Central Mediterranean Region.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Thanks for the info DK, I'll let you know what I find.

WWVLD
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

As always watch yourself. I will keep trying to find information on this front. There is some of the other stuff in the book is worth checking into. It might be related, it might not.
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

If you want to stay in one piece Darknyht, stay away from the mediterranean. At least for the rest of the month.
By the hands of you fools, my Master shall be freed.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Voice, thanks for confirming that I am on the right track.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Found some more information on our statues. Here are the passages that are of use.

"After traveling to Russia, I found the sister of the one I had. The gypsy crone that had it would not part with it no matter what I offered, and when I insisted her three burly guards removed me forcibly. I cannot understand since they were unable to use it."

The other was, "...If we could only get the five of them together, then the gateway could be reopened."

It looks like these statues create a portal of some sort. I do not know where it goes, but I am sure it is not good since The Voice is attempting to get there. There is a few more passages to go, and I will post the useful parts once I get them.
Bert_the_Turtle

If it requires all 5 of them to make a portal then you only need to secure and/or destroy one of them.
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh, you do make me laugh Turtle. Yes, do destroy one, you'll only make my job easier.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I don't think we can just destroy one of them. I think I found a lead for another one. There is a reference to a similar statue in South Africa and I believe the last one might be found in South America. I will not be more specific than that on a public posting for now.

It looks like they someone worked hard at putting great distance between these things.
Bert_the_Turtle

So.... we stick it in a cement block and toss it in the Marianis(sp?) Trench?
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Again, I do not know if it is that simple. Perhaps if we find someone better educated with the things we can figure out how to deactivate them.

I am no expert on these things and some of this is guesswork on my part.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

There's one in Russia? How about that. Need to narrow down the area where it is located.

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Bert I get the feeling destroying any of those Statues is a bad idea. As is the trench idea.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

Very wise suggestion Shadow.

A statue is in Russia? Hmm, thanks for the tip Knyht. :wink:
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

We need to determine which is the situation - the holder of all 5 statues can open the portal, the owner of the surviving statues can open the portal or the destruction of the statues opens the portal.

Delta Sierra
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Voice, the statue is in Russia. I suggest that you start in the Siberia region, and that you search without any clothes on. Since clothes causes the statue to disappear. Also, do this in the middle of the winter up there please as it is easier to find then, honestly.

Russia is a very large place, it might take you a while to find something in it. As for the rest of us, I have a few possibilities to narrow it down that I am checking. While we are at it South America and the southern half of Africa are also large areas to search. Good luck finding a small statue there.

On a slightly less sarcastic note, you are right Ron. We don't have enough information on the statues. I gave a lead to Ghost a few days ago on where to find it, but the situation in Russia got complicated. Perhaps once the mess in Russia is cleared up he can lead the ones there to follow up on it.
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

Does anyone know where I can find some more gypsys in the moscow area? My minions have pretty much tortured and killed every single one, but still no information on the statue.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Tortured... You sick bastard, Bass!

I'm going to get myself kicked off the force temporarily for being "too stressed", and I'm going to find a way to where you are, Bass. If anyone can get me a plane ride to Russia, on the double, I'd appreciate it. I'll hook up with whoever I can when I get there.

Also, Zack's not feeling entirely up to talking right now, but he wants to suggest that maybe Voice is bluffing about needing the statues intact.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Logos please take a day maybe two make sure Zack and Whiskey are fine first. If you still want to come here, I will set it up. You have my word.
Besides it will take at least a day to get all the documentation you would need pulled together.
This work for you?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

If I wait too long, Jeremiah will be back. If I wait too long, Jeremiah will come to finish what Bass started. I need to go. I've already got a passport, but I'll need a day to gather things together for the trip, and handle some other last-minute things. Zack and Whiskey seem like they'll be fine, but I don't think they WILL be if Jeremiah comes back.

Bert, no doubt, understands exactly where I'm coming from, and why I need to do this. Anyone who loves anything should be able to see why this needs to be done.

I'm coming down, I just need you to do your part.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox