Hey Ron!

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
BraveSirRobin

Hey Ron!

Post by BraveSirRobin »

think I might have found you a new toy!

it's amazing the stuff you can find when you play around with Google for a couple hours... I was actually looking for an old website I used to know that had some crazy shotgun ammunition (the ever popular Dragonsbreath, flechette rounds, some crazy ball and chain thing, lots of fun stuff...)... couldn't find it, but I did find this... thought you might be interested...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yeah, that's a ncie little piece. But I usually carry a full sized 12 guage anyway. My sidearm needs to have more than 3 rounds ready to fire.

But it's a pump action, so it's reliable and 20 guage so it's not too much recoil and pretty dang compact. Would be a decent starter gun for monster hunter.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Joseph Darkhold

Post by Joseph Darkhold »

It does look like a nice little toy and I might get one anyway, just to add it to my collection...but right now I'm still trying to get my hands on a Pancor Jackhammer...Ron, you may have heard it, but look this one up Robin, it'll give most creepy crawlies nightmares!
If you want a quicky description it's a fully automatic 12 gauge shotgun that uses a ten round cassette cylinder and will fire anything from conventional shotgun ammo, to flechette rounds, rocket propelled rounds, and HE rounds...it's just too bad their so damn hard to get, seeing as how they've never been put in to full production...
"Ex Ignorantia ad Sapientiam, e Luce ad Tenebras"
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Fearsome weapon that Pancor - expensive too. About a digit more than I like to pay for a shotgun, no matter what tricks it knows.

Delta Sierra
The Traveler King

Post by The Traveler King »

The Pancor Jackhammer never entered mass production to my knowledge. Any such weapon you might find is likely to be a preproduction version. Unless you have special access , like some of my coworkers (most everything they use is "preproduction" or limited production at best), the best recommendation I can make is to stick with something you can replace easily.
Joseph Darkhold

I know it never entered production, I just want one for my collection...Personally I generally use an Ithaca stakeout or a Remington 870
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Classics those. I prefer my Saiga-12. Functions like an AK, is as durable as an AK, but feeds on 12 gauge. I also have a dual magazine Baikal pump/semi model for when I need to be more flexible for ammunition choices.

Delta Sierra
Joseph Darkhold

the saiga-12 is a nice gun, but I usually prefer shotguns that are a bit easier to conceal...and I prefer them not to stand out quite so much when the nice officer stops by for a visit!
Huntress

Post by Huntress »

Well boys, thats why you dont carry guns in public, just carry a Louisville slugger and your good looks and you'll do fine, trust me. :)
Girls kick ass, just ask my latest victim.
Joseph Darkhold

I mean when he stops by at my house...I don't usually carry anything bigger than a Para Ordnance P14 on the streets, and that is for extreme emergencies.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Cops see my Saiga and dozens of other guns I own on a daily baisis - I earn my living as a weapons and police supplies dealer.

As for carrying it around. I keep it all nicely in the trunk of the car until I have a situation where I will need to bring it with me. it's only then that I fish it out. Even then it usually stays in a bag until I enter an unobserved location.

The Saiga is jsut one of my favoured tools. I prefer it to a handgun for its greater power. I prefer it to a rifle or because it's more versitile, especially at the ranges that a supernatural encounter usually occurs. I keep a number of other tools for more specialized situations, especally those where I want to keep a greater degree of concealability or have a lower firign signature.

Delta Sierra
Silhouette

Post by Silhouette »

I prefer the good 'old fashioned' .50 Desert Eagle. They have been around for a while, but I've found that with the things I shoot at anything less tends to jus be shrugged off.

What's amazing is that so many people go into this buisness packing a 9mm and think that counts as being 'armed'.
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

decent starter gun for a monster hunter indeed... Thanks Ron, it's just what I always wanted!
now I just have to figure out how to hide it... and the 200 some odd rounds you sent with it...

maybe if I get a used golf bag at a garage sale... and use it to haul around boffer weapons for LARPing... I could hide the ammo in one of the side pouches... and carry the gun around in my bookbag with the rulebooks... no... reverse that...

I don't know, I'll figure out something by Saturday... I've got this funny feeling I might need it when I go looking for my old friend down in Ava...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Robin, most of that 200 is going to practice at the local range. Don't forget that.

Also, this is not a carry piece, so don't just keep it with you all the time. You will get into trouble that way. Keep it locked up and safe, especially from the imp, until you are getting into a situation where it will be useful. You'll notice I sent you the necissary locking materials.

Finally, never bring it out unlss it is a life or death situation. Why? Well if it's not allready life or death, pulling it out turns it into a life or death siuation - which means you might get killed.

I trust that you're a good kid with a good head on your shoulders, otherwise you wouldn't ahve ever gottent hat from me.

Delta Sierra
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Silhouette wrote:I prefer the good 'old fashioned' .50 Desert Eagle. They have been around for a while, but I've found that with the things I shoot at anything less tends to jus be shrugged off.

Yeah the Desert Eagle .50 is a powerful gun . . .

But, it is built for target shooting, which, while making it accurate, comes at a certain price in terms of durability and reliability.

I choose my guns in part on terminal effect and accuracy, but also in part by their ergonomics, rate of fire and reliability. The Desert Eagle scores high for terminal effects and accuracy but it doesn't do very well in the other categories. A short barreled 5.56 or 7.62 is much better for most of the things I do than the Desert Eagle.

Delta Sierra
Joseph Darkhold

speaking of 7.62mm...take a look at this http://www.fulton-armory.com/MARifles.htm
I've already gotten my hands on one of the SOCOM models...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Interesting choice.

Again for most cases I prefer my shotguns, but when long range firing or penetration is an issue, I happily switch to a .308.

Delta Sierra
Debunker
Location: My Paranromal team is based in the U.K., but we travel world wide

Post by Debunker »

You know, Louis Cifer would yap about "Bessie" and "Matilda" quite a bit when I was helping him, he loved his shotguns too.
Elliott James Tobias III
AKA: Debunker

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

For this line of work, the shotgun is definetly the champ

Delta Sierra

Return to “Classifieds”