Funeral Dirge

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

I'm no deader than I was...
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
fate

Post by fate »

Seeing as I live/lived next door to Ben and have had to watch his kid more times then I care to admit. I feel I should have some say in this matter as well. So hear it goes. I think Zack, it is Zack right? Has a good point. Ben is a kind hearted man, a loving father and a fierce warrior. I don’t think he could live with what he’s done. I don’t think Ben could sleep at night with what he’s lost. I think the kindest thing would be to end his suffering. An better at the hands of friends that would see that there was no pain, then at the tormenting hands of Dark, please people…Dark is killing Ben one life taken at a time.

I vote with the aye’s.
aut vincere aut mori=Either to conquer or to die
Holister

Post by Holister »

"You will do what you must. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. If you come for Benjamin, I will be forced to protect him. If you believe he is better off in the after life, then it must be Hannah who does it for I will slay all others who dare try.

It is not by choice, it is what I must do. Jeremiah is growing stronger, but even as strong as he can become, ask yourself, what can a thought actually do. He is still but a whisper in the wind, how can he do anything other than gloat about these deaths not wrought by his hands.

If you kill Benjamin, you will be committing murder, and those involved will only face damnation while that fiend Dark gets what he wants. Do not let this happen. Please find the girl, make this madness stop before it is too late.

Jeremiah's strength come from the lies he tells Benjamin. Why do you think he is erasing Benjamin from existance. He despises Benjamin with ever fiber of his being, though he can not slay him himself. You must find the truth; one body and three shots were fired not one!

Benjamin is no murderer, ask the questions, seek the truth, that is the greatest weapon against Jeremiah.

He is stirring, he draws near, I must retreat before he know of what I have said.

God speed to you my friends."
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I've already made many of my opinions on this subject well-known. I've already said that killing him would be a kindness and a mercy to him. Dark may not have directly killed anyone, but he has still been responsible for deaths, and if something is not done, he will likely be responsible for more.

Ben wouldn't want that. Doesn't want that. I doubt very much that Death would, either. If Ben had even half a ball left, he wouldn't allow himself to be walked over by the bullfrog. He has, however, and people are dying as a result. If we don't put him down, he'll likely face murder charges for the people whose body parts are being sent as "gifts", face hell through the trial, and if convicted, suffer needlessly in prison, facing down a lifetime of the same kind of shit the bullfrog's putting him through now.

So if that is the kind of future you wish for him, by all means, stand in our way.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

"So be it my brother. Let us cross swords once more.

Know that I had hopes you would truly believe you sought a soul for yourself. I fear though you are no better than Jeremiah. Look at the damge you have wrought, yet you seek salvation.

Joshua is empty without you Gabriel. Return to him and help him be whole once again. Go home where you are needed, or lest you become Dark."
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

I am here Dark. Vent your wrath on me, oh wait, you can't can you? Not any more than you could make Mr. Holisters hands harm Ms. Molly.

Take your best shot Dark. Just one request, do it personally, or are you really that weak?
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

You know, I think people are getting confused on my stance on this matter. I've said I will have no problem killing Ben Holister. Never said I wanted to do it.

Oh, and Guardian, damnation worries me not. I will see neither heaven or hell. I fear only my own conscience.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

If you have a different or a better way, let's hear it. If not, then murder to save innocent lives is still protecting those who need protecting, and destroying those who need destroying.

If Dark continues to persist in being the cause of death, direct or indirect, of innocent lives, then he is no better than any of the monsters we fight. If he cannot be separated from Ben and used to prove Ben's innocence, then Ben's life has already been stripped from him, and he looks forward only to suffering for the remainder of his days.

You have until we find you and take you down to present a suitable alternative. No riddles, no games. If you value your own life and Ben's, then tell us what needs to be done.

If you do this, then even Dark doesn't need to die. I will personally see to it that he learns that there are fates far worse than death in this world, fates far worse than what he has subjected his victims to.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Finally, someone who is tired of his riddles as well.

WWVLD
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone.

Dark is a coward, he runs from little girls.

Hannah

PS: Dark isn't a killer, he gets other people ta kill for him. I think he's too scared ta kill by himself.
I will be who I chose to be.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

You tell him Hannah.

WWVLD
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

If a crime leader were to never hold a gun in his life, but instead orders his subordinates to do the job for him, would he still be guilty of murder? The answer is yes. The man would be tried in a court of law for several things, among which are charges for the actual murder, and also several charges for the solicitation of pre-meditated murder.

Just because he's too much of a pansy to appear in person to murder someone does NOT make him any less guilty of murder, Hannah. I still hope we can free Ben from his oppressive fragmented mind somehow, but even if we could, I'm pretty sure he'd have a pretty rough time of it in the court systems. This is not to say that I'm opposed to his rescue, simply that I think he'd be pretty upset about it if he's rescued only to spend the rest of his life behind bars. Evil Ben has done a pretty good job of ensuring that even if Ben is to win against him, in the end there's still PLENTY of evidence that he is at LEAST an accomplice to the horrible deeds. I'm not sure that pleading insanity would be nearly enough to help him, either.

This is my sincerest, most dreaded fear: Ben's life, as he once knew it, is over regardless of what anyone does for him. Even if Evil Ben is killed, erased, overcome, whatever, Ben'll still have the legal system to overcome. I hesitated to say it earlier because I hoped, deep down, that the murders were not real. When I received the tongue, I was too emotional to voice any real arguments. When I received this latest, horrible thing, I realized that there is only a very small chance that Ben will ever be able to resume a normal life.

I encourage anyone and everyone to propose a possible defence that Ben could use, though, if he were to overcome Jeremiah. I refuse to completely give up on ANYTHING until the situation is completely over... But even with my legal knowledge, I can't come up with anything that could hold water in court.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

The fact that we know he's been locked up inside a mental institution kept totally sedated is a pretty solid alibi.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

This is true, but what if prosecution were to come across some of the conversations found here? This doesn't PROVE that he was the one saying the things Jeremiah has stated, nor does it PROVE that he is the one who sent the items that you and I have received. It DOES, however, provide some degree of ground for prosecution to stand on. I'm not totally up to date on my internet law, as It's never been in my jurisdiction, so I'll have to do some research, but the way I see it, prosecution could use the information found here, which is publicly available, as circumstantial evidence. Convictions HAVE been made purely on circumstantial evidence, so he's not in the clear yet. If there are records being kept of his location, then I'm sure this could be evidence used in a defence, but I have yet to hear who has been in control of sedating Ben, and I have yet to hear where he is being kept. They may not be able to prove it, but with a good enough prosecutor, it's very possible that the jury could still be swayed. I suppose you're right, however, in that the case would be more of an iffy situation than I gave it credit for.
Bert_the_Turtle

In the American Judicial System the burden of proof is on the prosecuter. He or She needs to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the person accused is guilty. I don't see how that is possible in this case.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

I'll concede to that. Circumstantial evidence does not often prove to the jury that a person is guilty by itself, though it does do that sometimes. Ben's sparkling past is a pretty good character statement by itself, in the defence that he is a person that could never have taken part in the murders... Though I beg the question; Is there actually written documentation of his stay at the institution? That in itself is the single greatest defence the man could have, but the situation as to his exact location, and the identities of those involved in his continued in-patient stay have been kept so quiet to the likes of me, that I wonder if such documentation has been kept. It's very possible that this information is protected by patient confidentiality, but the fact is that even the procedures being used on Ben, the keeping of his constant completely sedated state... I'm not sure that's entirely legal, so I question if legal documentation has been kept. It's a mental health institution, and if he is not going in for surgery or something to that effect, then his continued sedated state, or at least his TOTAL incapacitation with the sedatives, might be considered unnecessary, unhealthy, and unlawful, as with him being unconscious, it is impossible to treat his ailments. I think that he probably is supposed to be kept conscious enough that counsellors can discuss his feelings, and try to... you know, counsel him. This is yet another thing I'd have to research... But if he has legal documentation regarding his stay, then I still say that's his best defence.

Mind you, I'm trying to play devil's advocate, here. I want to see him saved, too, and if at all possible, I want him to be able to be free once the situation is resolved. I think that legal documentation is the key here, but I'm not sure it's being kept, what with his questionable confinement. Again, please help me to determine his defence. If such documentation is unable to be procured, what are some of the other things we could produce that could help his testimony, if he's saved? I'm thinking the anesthesiologist would be a key witness, also. Perhaps any nurses or the such that help keep him sustained might be able to testify also. As soon as this documentation is procured, however, I'll be content to say that I don't think he'll have too much trouble with the courts.

There are many questionable variables surrounding Ben Holister these days, and I want each of them covered. If he comes to trial, I want no stone unturned in his defence, so I want to ensure that he is able to produce an adequate argument to the courts.
Bert_the_Turtle

If no records are being kept I still have copies of all my communiques with the staff and the attending physician.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

You are of course assuming that he will even want to stay a free man. Even after we have rescued him from Dark, there is no telling how he will handle all the events Dark committed. There is an excellent chance that he will blame himself for all that has happened and want to go to jail.

Not the best outcome, to be sure, but one we must be prepared for.

WWVLD
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

IF he doesn't want to be defended, that is, of course, his right. If he wants to plead guilty, that's totally fine by me, but if he wants to plead innocent I want a defense that is rock solid. I think I'm done arguing law for the day, it seems to me that we've reached a solid enough conclusion as far as this point is concerned, with Bert's conversations and etc. Any further issues can be handled later with an attourney.

Post 100! I'm official!
Last edited by Koralth on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bert_the_Turtle

That is true. Although if he does come out of this I can't imagine him choosing that life and abandoning Molly.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

He might feel that Molly is safer far away from him. Like I said, not the best outcome we can hope for.

WWVLD
Bert_the_Turtle

I just don't see it happening. If he comes out the other side its going to be because of Molly.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

We all have to believe in something.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Holister

Post by Holister »

"It is said that man creates his own personal Hell, and his own glorious Heaven. So who is not to say that man can not stock those with the angels and demons of his own creation?

Men with malicious itent, who derive dark pleasure from the perversions they create live in their own twisted Elisia with Hell a far off dot on the expansive horizon.

It is good men who suffer the most by their own hands. Often they never imagine a Heaven for themselves but for others they believe more worthy and create a Hell for themselves far worse than Dante could ever have envisioned.

Why is it that the guilt of a pure man outweighs the actions of an evil man?

Heaven and Hell, Good and Evil, their eternal struggle shall continue long after we have bowed out and surrendered the world to the next race that comes along. But we are not insignifigant in this struggle. We are the pawns in this game with our very souls are the victor's prize.

Amen."
Jeremiah Dark

Post by Jeremiah Dark »

"Great another country heard from. So who do you thnk you are kidding Gaurdian. I know it is is you. Why won't you just give up! "
"Born Of Lust; Dust To Dust. Born In Sin; Come On In."
Holister

Post by Holister »

"Wrong answer Jeremiah Dark. Now be silent, or be SILENCED!

Your games have gone on long enough demon. You wish your freedom, you shall never have it, BOSS. Know that I do this so that you will know what it is to be hunted and to suffer.

The Gaurdian is no more Dark, you saw to that personally.

Ben Holister is also gone, you saw to that as well. Oh they are both here with me, and a part of me.

Have you forgotten me so soon Jeremiah. So is the pitty that the son forgets the father.

I am coming for you Dark. Your meager existance is forfiet and oh so limited. This is no threat, this is my VOW!
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Things get weirder. :?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Checking in? :roll:

Yet another personality. Still, I like this one's attitude.

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Gunning for Dark, a good thing, Ben and the Guardian are no more? Am I the only one worried by that idea?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

Guardian I don't know about. I doubt Holister is gone. He's too fucking annoying to die like that. Although if he is I have no compunction against terminating him now.