Bert's little camp of horrors

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Koralth

Bert's little camp of horrors

Post by Koralth »

Ok, so it wasn't nearly as bad as the title makes it out to be...

I got there friday evening, and by the time I got in, there was already a pretty good grouping of folks meeting, creating dialogue, and setting things up for the training that was to come. I was surprised at the setup. The camp in the middle of the desert was really impressive to behold, with all the gear, equipment, and everything else that happened to be there. Let's just say that Bert's military background was apparent when looking at everything. I went ahead and started helping with the unpacking, and got to meet Bert at that point... He's an interesting fellow.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

You can say it. I'm nuts.

It was good to finally meet Koralth. Of course it wasn't long before he said something that made me want to smack him upside the head. I ended up doing that a lot those four days.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I was informed by Gale that he was her favorite Victim er Sorry volunteer, when she needed to demonstrate a technique.
She was polite enough to get pictures to.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

Haha! Yeah, his hand went up way too quick to volunteer to "assist" her.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

and of couse all photos were for professional purposes only... riiiight.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Bert_the_Turtle

Of course :P
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Well the one of you wrapped up like a Mummy was funny. :lol:
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

She shot photos of that?! She promised that no cameras were going to be running while I was like that! Geez... :?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Actually Athena was the one working the camera, and she has a wicked sense of humor. :twisted:
Bert_the_Turtle

Didn't you know? Women are liars :lol:
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Yeah... And while I can say that I didn't hear the stupid unnecessary little click they have digital cameras make, it really didn't bother me... And while I could say that the mummy incident was a huge waste of bandages... Let's just say, I didn't mind being her victim... What were the situations? Well, the part where I got 'shot' and had to be bandaged around my abdomen... That was fun... hmm... I got hit in the eye with shrapnel, and she wrapped my eye. And then there was the broken neck, where she had to strap me to the backboard, that was an amazing experience. 8)

And the comments I made were totally worth the slaps, and the threats that she'd get her scalpel out while I was incapacitated...That only happened once, when I aptly stated that her neck looked stiff, and maybe she needed to be on the backboard, too... You can victimize me anytime, Gale! :P
Jeremiah Dark

Post by Jeremiah Dark »

"Too bad you didn't come to the party I'm hosting boss. Plenty of graves to fill."
"Born Of Lust; Dust To Dust. Born In Sin; Come On In."
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

no no no... Being hurt is only fun if you don't end up in the grave...

Listen you angsty piece of crap. Bert and co. ain't gonna submit to the likes of you, Evil Ben. If it comes down to it, I'm positive they'll stop you in your tracks... But they're going to try to save Real Ben, and maybe that other dude you've got hanging around in there... He seems pretty cool... And he's right. Horses do rock quite a bit. If I got my gig in downtown, I'D be the mounted officer... Not that guy who's name I don't even know... Who's been working the gig for longer than I've been an officer... He's a good guy, by the way... Real good with kids.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

He he he he. Yeah, those first aid classes were great.

Oh, and Shadow, you mind forwarding me some of those pictures of mummy Koralth. They'd be great mementos. :wink:
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I will forward your request to Gale and Athena. It seems they had taken quite a few pictures durring their time at the training camp.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

They might as well set up a MySpace.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

They are not that evil or foolish.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I can see it now Bert's Private Militia camp, come on down and learn to blow shit up.* ** ***

*Participants are required to pay a $300 registration fee plus the cost of explosive material used.

**Participants may be considered a terrorist if skills taught at Bert's Private Militia camp are used outside of a controlled environment.

***Bert is not liable for any damage caused by smacks to the back of the head participants received while participating in camp, nor is he liable if you blow up shit you are not supposed to.

:-D
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Dark, that's very shallow of you. We did so much more than just blow shit up. We discussed the PHILOSOPHY behind blowing shit up, too!
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Heh, and now we see why the disclaimer about getting smacked upside the head. Again. =P
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

What can I say? It's all about doing what you're good at. If it's getting the crap beaten out of you for having a big mouth, you roll with it, don't fight it.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

You certainly didn't, there are more than a few shots of Bert smacking you upside the head.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

The comment about desert squirrels and him missing his woman was just too perfect. I couldn't help it.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Someone wise once said, "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

It seems Zack never got that memo.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I am alright with that. He saved me from receiving those smacks to the back of the head during the last week.

I had enough of that in middle school.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Yeah, I know. I'm actually not quite this giddy usually, if you can believe it. I guess I'm just excited to be part of something this... Big. I wanted to be part of the national guard, didn't go through . Not because of my physical abilities, but... Well, I dunno. I just wasn't cut out for it. Soon as I get back to work I think I'll feel more normal.
Bert_the_Turtle

That's cool Zack. And if I weren't so tired and grumpy I'd have been less quick to smack you upside the head. But I was getting less rest than all of you.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Ah, geez.. I'm REALLY not usually that giddy... Promise.

Well, the day after we all got there, we all had some breakfast. It wasn't as bad as it looked, so we lucked out on that.

I was totally trumped by everyone on the hand-to-hand. I thought that my basic training would be enough to get me somewhere with the whole situation, but as it turns out? That's not the case here.

Turns out being a regular cop gave me SOME advantages when it came to the class for handgun training. I knew proper procedures, etc. and knew exactly what I was doing. I'm actually a pretty decent marksman with the handgun.

I don't wanna talk about assault rifle training... I STILL have bruises from that sucker. that thing's tough to handle!

My favorite, the first sword lesson... I challenged shadow to a DUEL before I knew how to hold the sword. He clearly knew what he was doing when he wielded his blade... *ahem*. Bert jeered quite a bit. Then Ghost told me to fight his golem, after correcting my stance. *ahem*... It didn't attack, only defend, which as it turns out? I was lucky. I couldn't get past it's sword. I thought about kicking it in the shins, but it's made out of rock, and I don't think it would have appreciated it, maybe severing my foot or something.

Oh, shoot. Be back in a few, guys. I gotta get going to the station. I've got an appointment to keep. Stay sane, all! Don't be like Zack!
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Saying you were totally trumped in hand to hand is not giving yourself enough credit. I was lucky more than skilled, and I think everyone was taking it easy on me because of the wounds from my island adventure.

As for the assault rifle training, I had already learned my lesson about firing one of those and made sure I was shown how to hold one before firing. Still hit more low flying objects than targets though.