Roll Call

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Hey, watch who you're calling mangy.

He might be ugly and flea bitten, But I've made sure he don't have mange.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Alright, alright, I retract the mangy comment.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hey! Mr. Fluffers is a cutie.

At least until you get him wet anyway.

Then he just sulks and looks miserable.

But he is nice and clean now.

Hannah

PS: He doesn't like hair dryers.
I will be who I chose to be.
Bert_the_Turtle

Mr. Fluffers can be physically painful to look at, at times. At least he's clean though.
dr_edge

Post by dr_edge »

Kolya wrote:Can we get Dr Edge on the line?

Bit of a delay, but I am online.
"People find it hard to believe that a person can be truthful and amoral at the same time." - The Secret Life of Laszlo, Count Dracula (by Roderick Anscombe)
dr_edge

Re: dr edge say hi here

Post by dr_edge »

Xandra_Amador wrote:dr edge say tiep here talk abot me say who am and what do i xandra
dr edge say i am aps and help
i see bads try to help
no work live here
help hurts get beter
some read tri to read what you do
not good spel hard

dr edge say note here from man but man not give much in note
try get more from man.

Very good, Xandra. You're doing well.

And hello, Hit Squirrel.
"People find it hard to believe that a person can be truthful and amoral at the same time." - The Secret Life of Laszlo, Count Dracula (by Roderick Anscombe)
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

The name's Zack Huntington. I'm just a normal cop, looking for answers. Just this past thursday, I was performing a routine checkup on some kid that was acting suspiciously. He had quite a lip, so I was giving him the regular patdown, and suddenly the kid falls down, just.. Dead! It was wierd though, because... I don't want to sound crazy, but just look at where I've ended up... A lamprey just popped out of his clothes while I was checking his pulse, and started to crawl away. My partner and I shot at it, and it died OK and everything, but I've never seen anything like it...

I turned in my report, telling exactly what I saw, 'cause I'm not going to lie or anything, but they suspended me! My partner had the common sense to lie. He was left alone, but I... well, I got suspended until I can get my thoughts in order. I know what I saw though, and I know it was real. They saw the lamprey too, why won't they just admit that something big is going on? You don't just imagine a healthy kid falling down dead all of a sudden, with lampreys in them, you know?

I've heard my fair share of bad stories about you guys, but I'm starting to think maybe there's more meat to what you've been saying all along than what I gave you credit for.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Hey, Zack. A lot of people don't take us seriously... Monsters are a product of TV, movies, and games, according to most of the populace... My condolences on what you saw. That can't have been pleasant, even if you're the kind of cop who's forced to be de-sensitized to that kind of thing...

Well, I wish it were under better circumstances, but welcome to the group. We'll make sure you're better equipped, both physically and mentally, next time something like this comes up.

And now that you've noticed it coming up once, you're going to be disturbed at how much more often you see it happening, now. I apologize in advance for that, but again, we'll be here to help you out along the way...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Welcome o the insanity that is the world that hides in the shadows of man's domain there Zack. Im LEO too, a sheriff from a small town in Maine.
At first I didn't believe this stuff either, until it literally came up and tried to take a bite out of my ass.

It exists, it is real, we deal with it and move on. And never, ever, tell a superior about what you see. They will throw your butt in a rubber room and toss the key so fast your head will spin.

Welcome to Lazlo, leave your sanity at the door. :)
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

heh... no, not de-sensitized at all to these things, but much as I'd like to say that I can ignore everything that's going on, and go back to the normal life... I need to know what happened, and I need to know what I can do to stop it.

The bastards back at the station know damn well that the death of that boy wasn't natural, and I want to know what did it! Even my own partner has refused to admit even to me what he knew, even though he fired at it as well. The force has abondoned me, so if need be I'll abandon it, if push comes to shove. The pay isn't great, and they're making it damn clear that the most important thing to them is appearances, and the appearance that all is well. While they preen their feathers, I want to get my hands dirty, and do something about things.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ben your not exatlly helping there you know. Welcome Zack we have a few people here that are or were L.E.O.s so you are in good company. We are not insane, rather we have had some rather insane things pop up and get in our faces, and we have had to deal with them the best we can.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Welcome, Zack. My name's Amy; there're as many as three others who use this account, sometimes... I'm a licensed private detective. I'm still kind of new to dealing with supernatural stuff, too...

We're in the vicinity of Schaumburg, IL. I don't know where you are, but if you're ever in the area and need a hand, look us up.
In memory of Jacob Bloodbane; may his legacy live on... Protecting the innocents from evils both mundane and supernatural.

-Legacy Investigation Agency
Bert_the_Turtle

Welcome to the World. This is how its been all your life, the only thing that has changed is your perception of it.

I would recommend that you take a little vacation time, travel around a bit and visit some of us, we can clue you in as to what the score is and teach you some things to help you survive if you insist on poking your nose into the shadows. If you insist on reaching into the dark places unprepared, you'll draw back a stump eventually.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Alright, thanks for the reception, all.

Amy, I live right in the Schaumburg area, too. I'm on the Hanover Park force, to be exact. Maybe we can get together and figure things out. I'll be around.

Oh, and KT. You offered to help out, too, 'better equip' me for the next time this stuff happens. Since you're from the 'burbs too, maybe we could get together sometime. I'm eager to learn, but let's just say the the whole experience has left me somewhat restless. The sooner I can get a better understanding of these things, the better, 'cause I'm going to pursue this stuff one way or another, and I'd prefer it if it weren't solo.
kalle

Post by kalle »

Good afternoon, Lazlo Society.

My name is Katja Allegrova. I work in investigations (some time with Krilova, btw).

I am tiny bit the taphophile; I specifically hunt the monsters found there, and I hunt the other nycterines, the various hematophagous abioses and the lupine lunatics.

I also research numbers.
в темноте
Bert_the_Turtle

Hello.

Welcome to the asylum.
kalle

Post by kalle »

Bert, hi,

Of what asylum you speak?
в темноте
Bert_the_Turtle

I was referring to the community here.

You don't have to be crazy to be a member, but it helps.
kalle

Post by kalle »

Bert, hi,

You want to say that you are crazy? From what disorder(s) do you suffer? Maybe we can find the help?
в темноте
Bert_the_Turtle

Well I am a paranoid loon with body issues because of all the scarring I have.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Hello Kalle is it? Most people here are not crazy, but the general public would lable us as mad. Because we deal with things they have a hard time accepting as real. Hence Bert's joke about welcome to the Asylum.
Thou I will admit considering what we deal with it is amazing that more of us do not have mental heath issues.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Welcome to the Club. I know its kinda late for my own welcome to Koralth, but it's still there. While I'm no LEO, I am of a like mind. Thankfully though, I've got friends that are, especially here. *nods to Ben, and Shadowstalker*

The monsters out there are very real, and yes, as was said earlier, the only thing that has changed in the equation is your perception of them. I am one of several investigators/hunters of the group. I am also a powerful psion. Not just a psychic, but actually able to affect the physical world. I can't do it all the time, but when the need is there, I can. I am also a skilled healer, both with traditional medicine, and what you might term alternative healing methods.

If you ever need any hand to hand, or melee training, feel free to swing by Texas. I've been a martial artist since I was 7, and train on a nearly daily basis, and am always up for teaching Society folks a few new tricks whenever the need arises.

Kalle welcome to the Society as well. How good are you at cross-referencing global coordinates with grid patterns, and size/ratio extrapolations? I've got some research material, and one of the big questions, you might be able to answer for me since I'm no mathematician.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
kalle

Post by kalle »

Bert, hi,

paranoid is too nonspecific; I not understand from what you suffer. It can be psychotic (such as schizophrenia) or it can be classified under the realm of personality disorder. I would have to make some tests though, for to be very sure.

I think to remove the paranoia will help to fix the loon behavioural habits you developed. At least it will remove the signficant obstacle preventing the healing.
в темноте
kalle

Post by kalle »

Razor wrote:Kalle welcome to the Society as well. How good are you at cross-referencing global coordinates with grid patterns, and size/ratio extrapolations? I've got some research material, and one of the big questions, you might be able to answer for me since I'm no mathematician.
Razor, hi, and thank you, too.

Contact me on your convenience. I know how important position and size is when making the plan. I will do my best.
в темноте
Logos

Post by Logos »

Welcome, Kalle, to hell.

I've just got one hint -

Get out before you piss someone off... That's how you end up with rape and death-threats.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Bert_the_Turtle

Paranoia: The belief that everyone is out to get me. In my case it is usually true.
Bert_the_Turtle

Its not like one of us threatened you.
kalle

Post by kalle »

Shadowstalker wrote:Hence Bert's joke about welcome to the Asylum.
Shadowstalker, hi,

Sorry me, please, I not understand you. Bert jokes that he the paranoid loon?
в темноте
kalle

Post by kalle »

Logos wrote: Welcome, Kalle, to hell.

I've just got one hint -

Get out before you piss someone off... That's how you end up with rape and death-threats.
Logos, hi,

I hope I will not be raped. Death-threats not scare me though. But thank you for the information.
в темноте
Logos

Post by Logos »

No, not one of us, one of them, just so happens to be someone I might not have gotten tangled up with if it weren't for the society. I won't lie, good people here, but we have a bad tendency to get mixed up with some of the worst scourges there are. My previous statement stands, Bert.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.