Stuff Missing

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Razor wrote:I doubt the gremlins hauled it away. I think our mystery thieves did. The wires and equipment and stuff would come in handy.

I got an idea they might use the radios for too, but we really don't have any psi-mechanics here on the boards that I could confer with... except maybe Sasha? I think Cola mentioned something about him being one or something similar? I know that Sakura can build odd devices, but usually just oriented toward helping her hunt.

Not Sasha.

I know a psi-mechanic with whom I can put you in touch. I can act as translator. His English is very good, but only if you are talking technology, electronics, and mechanics. Ordering a hamburger or telling how he feels is a little out of his range though.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Gremlins + Shopping Malls = Ugly Mess
Razor

Post by Razor »

Alright, well see if he can confirm or shoot this idea down...

Could a competent Psi-mechanic convert a standard radio to instead of transmitting radio, transmit via telepathic signal, or instead of transmit vocally, transmit mind to mind, provided the recipient had a similarly modified radio?
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Kolya wrote:I know a psi-mechanic with whom I can put you in touch. I can act as translator. His English is very good, but only if you are talking technology, electronics, and mechanics. Ordering a hamburger or telling how he feels is a little out of his range though.

Gotta love learning languages from textbooks... >.> Not that I'm criticizing; quite the opposite. I'm sympathizing... Four languages I've learned that way; though it sounds like your friend is more proficient in English than I am in any of them.

Kolya, you guys're gonna have to teach me Russian, sometime. Even if we just start practicing over the Net. I've wanted to learn Russian for almost as long as I've wanted to learn Japanese.

I just hope I'm not too old to truly get fluent in any of the languages I've studied/am studying. >_>
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Razor wrote:Alright, well see if he can confirm or shoot this idea down...

Could a competent Psi-mechanic convert a standard radio to instead of transmitting radio, transmit via telepathic signal, or instead of transmit vocally, transmit mind to mind, provided the recipient had a similarly modified radio?

I sent him the message.

As soon as he gets back to me, I will let you know.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

KonThaak wrote:
Kolya wrote:I know a psi-mechanic with whom I can put you in touch. I can act as translator. His English is very good, but only if you are talking technology, electronics, and mechanics. Ordering a hamburger or telling how he feels is a little out of his range though.

Gotta love learning languages from textbooks... >.> Not that I'm criticizing; quite the opposite. I'm sympathizing... Four languages I've learned that way; though it sounds like your friend is more proficient in English than I am in any of them.

Kolya, you guys're gonna have to teach me Russian, sometime. Even if we just start practicing over the Net. I've wanted to learn Russian for almost as long as I've wanted to learn Japanese.

I just hope I'm not too old to truly get fluent in any of the languages I've studied/am studying. >_>

I have added it to my todo list ;)
Razor

Post by Razor »

Russian is a language I've been interested in as well. Japanese too. I also want to learn german.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Well, I can start helping you with Japanese and German...
Razor

Post by Razor »

domo arigato gozaimasu, KT-san.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Kolya wrote:
Razor wrote:Alright, well see if he can confirm or shoot this idea down...

I sent him the message.

As soon as he gets back to me, I will let you know.

That is the fastest he has ever responded.

I think you found something Razor......

Yea, he said it was certainly a doable project, but a lot of variables that only experienced psi-mechanics would probably think about. He called me instead of writing me (he was that psyc'd about it) and so I cannot even begin to share everything he was talking about. Something about synchronised tuner crystals, mystic energy disturbances over long distances, and other mumble-jumble. If you like, I can have him write it down and I will pass it on to you.
Razor

Post by Razor »

That would be good. I can figure out m ost of of that stuff myuself thanks to having a good exposure to metaphysics, from my mentor. Guy was a PH D in Metaphysics. I've got at least a Bachelors or maybe even a Master's thanks to him.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Cool it is on its way.

If you need clarification in any of the translations or whatever, let me know.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Have I ever met this person?
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Nope. Might though... too early to tell.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Why can't the rest of the world just give in to the eventuality and start all speaking english? It would make things easier for all involved.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Why can't the rest of the world just give in to the eventuality and start all speaking english? It would make things easier for all involved.

If that were true Ron, at this rate we should all be learning Spanish :lol:
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

What have the spanish done lately? English is the defacto language of world commerce and the sooner the rest of the world gets with the program the better it will be for them.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Why can't the rest of the world just give in to the eventuality and start all speaking english? It would make things easier for all involved.

I'll get right on that ;) hehe...
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:

If that were true Ron, at this rate we should all be learning Spanish :lol:

I been hearing that since the 1980s ;)
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ron Caliburn wrote:What have the spanish done lately? English is the defacto language of world commerce and the sooner the rest of the world gets with the program the better it will be for them.

Perhaps he means the growing spanish-speaking population in the States.

But that does not change the fact that you are correct, Ron.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Exactly. I swear we need someone to declare English as the National Language of the US before its too late.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I think you have a way to go yet. 200 million white people can't be wrong! :lol:
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It's already too late. Kids today don't even speak english.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

you all would know better than I do, to be sure.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

English and Japanese are the two biggest business languages, and from what I've heard, Japanese has better and more nuances for business relations than English does.

So I guess everyone will learn English when we all learn Japanese...?
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Well, one thing is for sure. We all speak petrodollar.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Russians cannot explain grammar rules of Russian language, unless they actually teach Russian grammar. Such crazy rules.

Anyway, we can teach KT the basics, I think..:)
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Alright, since the shop I pretty much live out of got robbed, and I've been keeping tabs on the events going on locally, especially thanks to the cops, I have heard of some other unusual thefts. Yesterday, late in the evening Ascaro Copper Refinery was hit. A team of four men came in and assaulted the place. None of the guards were killed. However they were 'stunned'.

What did they hit it for? Almost a half ton of copper sheets and tubing. They loaded the materials into an unmarked non-descript van, and moved with tactical proficientcy. They used a couple of home-made but effective smoke grenades to cover their movements, and were able to get out without incident. There was a driver, who was seen to be doing something. No call was placed, or alarm sounded until after they left. The security systems just seemed to stop functioning.

I was able to get ahold of the guards, and got their recount. They confirmed the alarm system wasn't working. There was a 4-man team with two returning fire, two loading, and one driver. They told me that they were in fact stunned. But the weapons used were not your air tasers, though the amarillo PD insisted they were. They fired a small blue ball, like ball lightning, and it provided total unconciousness. They reported that the weapons were wierd looking, and had a few spikes on them as well as a couple of inset crystals, and wires covered the barrel. They seem to think it is some sort of experimental electronic stun rifle. (Might not be far from the truth on that one)

They also reported scoring several hits on the intruders, but that didn't stop them. The bullets seemed to hit and just fall to the ground. The police and investigators have yet to find the homemade smoke grenades. They figure that they were the kind that consume themselves.

I think these are the same guys that hit the shop though. Sounds like there were several spells used. Armor, Blinding Smoke, and maybe a strength spell to help load the materials faster. As for the rifles, I think they may have just finished with those.

I wonder what they want with so much copper.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
to see eternity in an instant...
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Any break throughs?
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

All quiet.