Stuff Missing

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Razor

Post by Razor »

*nods* Yes, that I know. I guess we'll know, once the heavens start shaking with the power that's being summoned and expended?

I hope not. I hope they get the bastards first.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Hopefully they will show their hand prior to anything world ending happens.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, they already have, I think. What we are unsure of is whether or not we correctly interpretted it....
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Let me know what they are and perhaps I can help you with tracking them down.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Sorry for being vague. I was referring to the guys that led us to this cave in the mountain where apparently Hell on Earth is the plan for the lunar eclipse.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

No problem. Hell on earth seems to be the running theme for the post-modern cultist.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Heh, yea, you are right.

The really scarey thing is that these guys do not seem to be post modern..
Holister

Post by Holister »

We can always hope that they screw up and frag themselves into oblivion. :D
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

We can't be that lucky, not to metion even if they try and die they could still endanger others by their act.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

The part that worries me is that cage that was mentioned. Was anything in that thing when it was stolen?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Razor at one point I think you implied that there was something inside that Cage, do you know what it was?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Razor continues to remain quiet.

Damn it!
Razor

Post by Razor »

Uh, yes. I do. At least 2 government psions, and several entities of various nature. Some tectonic, a poltergiest or two, and a few other things. Creations of people dabbling in constructs. ('programmed' energy of a sort)

It was also useful for trapping minds, and spirits if need be.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

That does not sound like a very good mix of things.

Especially the government agents bit :lol:
Razor

Post by Razor »

"I'm Smith... Agent Smith."
Deathblaster

Post by Deathblaster »

Well, at least it wasn't "J" or "K" :D
Deathblaster is coming for you . . .

Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, just like that.
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Well, here's a bit of an update on what's going on with my... Our stuff missing. There was no massive explosion. No assasin. Amarillo PD found the van. It had been stolen from SouthWestern Public Service, and stripped of all of its electronic gear. SWPS is the local electrical and power company. There were also radios and other gear in there that are now missing.

I think we may have a tinkerer of sorts on our hands over here. But why would he be stealing equipment? ... Oh, another side note, they found claw marks on the van. THey didn't go through the metal, and they were side to side, but no more than a yard off the ground. If it were a dog, the claw marks would have been up and down. They didn't find any traces of metal or wood, and it's on both sides, and no dents. CSI people here don't seem to think the driver ran into any barbed wire or anything.

They also found the air out of one tire, and the brake-lines had been severed. The CSI people said that something had been jammed through the lines, then ripped apart.

Any thoughts?
To see a world in a grain of sand,
to see eternity in an instant...
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Sounds like he ran over something.

That is assuming I am reading your post correctly.
Razor

Post by Razor »

I think what she was getting at was that it -hadn't- been run over anything. I think the mention of claw marks is particularly interesting. So Sakura, how does amarillo's CSI figure these 'claw marks' are in fact claw marks?
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

It sounds like the creature I just dealt with a few weeks ago, and believe I was dealing with in Pittsburgh. They are extremely proficient at causing mayhem on mechanical things.

Perhaps your tinker was dealing with more than he could handle?
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Well, the report and the photo I had them show me showed evenly spaced lines scratched into the paint in groups of three and four. There weren't a large number of them. CSI seems to think that the service van was just naturally like that.

I'm thinking something else. Gremlins perhaps. Think about it... a van that's had its brake lines severed -after- it was stopped. Sounds to me like the kind of mayhem that would be right up their alley. They'd have probably set it on fire, if they had a way to.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

So on top of the thieves you got gremlins running around, too?

Good luck with that and have fun. Hopefully there are only a 2-3 of the little fuckers.
Razor

Post by Razor »

consider this, the guys that stole from you and your significant other, might not have been stealing gear to go on the offensive, but may have needed them for defense, but might not have had the time to buy the stuff, or be nice and ask.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

You are suggesting that the thieves might be needing some help asafp?
Razor

Post by Razor »

Maybe.

I mean, we haven't heard from Sakura about any other strikes, or usage 'wierd' weapons. As for me, I keep getting a sense of time running out, and some interesting experimental metaphysical weaponry. ... Sakura, there weren't any fire opals or rubies in the mix were there?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Definitely sounds like a gremlin encounter . . . though I doubt they would haul the stuff away.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Razor

Post by Razor »

I doubt the gremlins hauled it away. I think our mystery thieves did. The wires and equipment and stuff would come in handy.

I got an idea they might use the radios for too, but we really don't have any psi-mechanics here on the boards that I could confer with... except maybe Sasha? I think Cola mentioned something about him being one or something similar? I know that Sakura can build odd devices, but usually just oriented toward helping her hunt.
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Incidentally, there was an accident on I-40 this morning over by WestGate Mall. I went over there to see what happened and a couple of my LEO buddies told me that a woman in a Dodge Caravan swerved to miss part of a light-pole falling on the mini-van. She swerved and side-swiped another car, sending it careening into two others. Basically it was an 11-car pile-up thanks to a domino effect which had the east-bound lane shut down for hours this morning.

The police said the part of the lightpole that fell looked like it had been intentionally half-way disassembled, and it was in the neighborhood of the van, so we probably are looking at gremlins. I'm 90% sure its gremlins.

Another reason why I'm sure, is according to eye-witnesses they saw three small kids run off further east. They'd been near the light pole, but thanks to it being dark out still, the police couldn't even get consistant reports on the descriptions. They laughed at one guy that said they had green scaly skin. ... I just hope they don't make it to Wolflin Village, or change their minds and head to Westgate. The mall would be bad for them to be in.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Definitely sounds like a gremlin encounter . . . though I doubt they would haul the stuff away.

I was thinking separate instances.