Secret Handshake

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Azrael:

Here's how this works. I'm vouching for Celeste. If someone here tries or succeeds at killing someone I've vouched for without evidence they are currently a threat and hurting innocent people (and yes, I will take the word of those I trust as evidence, at least those I trust not to shoot first and make excuses later) they deal with me. So if you go and hurt Cee and I don't believe you had cause to do so, I will reduce you to your principle elements if you're lucky. If you're not, you will suffer so horribly that it will make the last minutes of your life seem infinitely longer than all the preceeding moments strung together.

Do try and have a nice day. :D
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Dante Andel

Post by Dante Andel »

Just so I know does unholy abomination count for those who don't believe in Jehova or weren't created by him (if he exists) but don't feed on humans?

And seeing as I don't believe in Jehova that kinda makes me none god fearing as you know I refuse to fear that which is imaginary (in my views only of course) so where do I fall exactly in your whole god fearing human being/monster hunting innocent table?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Well I am not what would be called "God Fearing" either. So I was wondering that myself.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Az, your new here, so let me set you straight. These other guys, they won't do much to ya because have a conscious. They are great guys wh had my back countless times, so I wouldn't let them dirty their hands with this this.

You go after Cee, in any way shapem, or form, and I will tell you the same thing I told Ron, I will come after you. I don't give a damn how old you claim to be, how skilled you are, or how many innocent lives you saved. I will come down on you so damn hard and fast three generations of your dead family will feel it!

If you want to push your luck, thats your choice. To get to Cee, you got one very large barricade to go through first; me!

Wait, this guy comes down on me for drinking, has the same media views as Ron, does not like Celeste, and according to his background his father was a " spiritual leader" too.

Ron; are you sure this isn't you? Seriously if this guy has a cat that tags along with him I callin' for DNA testing.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Kolya

Re: Questions . . . and Answers

Post by Kolya »

Azrael wrote:Your miserable kind destrpyed my family, my home, MY LIFE!
That is not healthy. Actually, it is very dangerous.

Hopefully we can help you calm down somewhat.

What if it were a human, by the way, that which destroyed your family, home, and life? Would you be making blanket statements about humans and dedicating your life to destroying them?

I do not understand the obsession to lump all non-humans into a single comfortable immutable category.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Celeste Darken

Rejoinder

Post by Celeste Darken »

Azrael wrote:You claim to aid humanity, you are only protecting your food supply. Your miserable kind destrpyed my family, my home, MY LIFE!

. . .

“Protecting my food supply?” I suppose it certainly seems that way to you, and I cannot deny it any other way than to say: I have not fed on the blood of Humanity, whether they were willing or otherwise, for a week. No great length of time for immortals, I realize, but we must all start somewhere. And just as a rejoinder . . . my miserable kind forced me to destroy my home, my family, and my life. Believe me when I say I understand your pain; do not let it consume you.

Azrael wrote:And now because your master was slain by Mr. Caliburn you actually believe you are no longer a beast. You are a monster, I will never let you forget that!

I never claimed anything of the sort, Azrael. If I am claiming anything after Ron’s deed, it is the ability to choose my actions for myself. You don’t know how sweet agency is until you feel the bitterness of it being forcibly torn from your body.

I am not here to prove my humanity, for it has been proven that it is gone. I am not here to argue on such matters. I am not here to persuade others my soul is in reach. I am here for the same purpose as you: to help those who cannot help themselves.
Death isn’t a state of nothingness. It’s a journey. What path are you forging?
Holister

Post by Holister »

I may love ya' and all Cee, but do ya' have to egg on the psycho demon slayer? :roll:
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

While I tend to agree with Ron and our new friend in regards to Celeste, I do have to raise a question.

Azrael, you claim to be 417 years old which means you are prolonging your life through some means, magical or technological I am not exactly sure. I'll be honest and admit I was too lazy to read all your previous posts to find out. Whatever the method, what you did changed you so that you are now more than human (or less than, depending on your view). The fact is Azrael, you are no longer truly human now.

That raises the question of are you really that different than that which you are hunting?
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Not with a black and white mindset such as his...
Celeste Darken

Point taken

Post by Celeste Darken »

Holister wrote: . . . do ya' have to egg on the psycho demon slayer?

Good point, Ben. Especially considering you will be his first obstacle if I go too far. Very well. I shall remain silent regarding my thoughts on Azrael, even though I was just trying to help him.

For your sake, I will forbear. I would hate to have you feel threatened or unsafe in my presence.
Death isn’t a state of nothingness. It’s a journey. What path are you forging?
Razor

Post by Razor »

Awww, ya hear that Ben? She don't want you gettin' hurt on her account! Awwwwwww... :D :twisted:
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Razor don't encourage him he is bad enough as is. :roll: :wink:
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

So after he turns Ben into red paste he has to go through me? Not the other way around?
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

That is what it looks like, Bert.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

And if by some slim chance he gets through Bert, I guess that would mean he has to go through me next. Not that I see or wish for anything to happen Period.
How about we all just agree that if at all possible that the two of you have as little to do with each other as you both can, and leave it at that OK.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, good advice.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:So after he turns Ben into red paste he has to go through me? Not the other way around?

Thanks guys, your faith in me is over whelmin'. I mean it, way to support a fellow team mate.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Holister wrote:I may love ya' and all Cee, but do ya' have to egg on the psycho demon slayer? :roll:

Me or Azreal?
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

DarKnyht wrote:While I tend to agree with Ron and our new friend in regards to Celeste, I do have to raise a question.

Azrael, you claim to be 417 years old which means you are prolonging your life through some means, magical or technological I am not exactly sure. I'll be honest and admit I was too lazy to read all your previous posts to find out. Whatever the method, what you did changed you so that you are now more than human (or less than, depending on your view). The fact is Azrael, you are no longer truly human now.

That raises the question of are you really that different than that which you are hunting?

He made a deal with an entity that appeared to be Death to not die until he got his revenge.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

Both :D
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

It does raise questions, like how long before you started to care about the innocents, and how you determine who is and who isn't?
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

I see that my presence here has aroused sarcasm, apathy, and emotion amongst you. I will do my best to answer any questions at this time.

As for my longevity; it was my gift from the arch-angel Azrael whose name I have dubbed in regards to my task.
An arch-angel...not some unholy spawn from Hell.

I was not a compassionate hunter at first. I was first shrouded by darkness, from without and from within. I turned to violence as a way to solve problems. I was immortal. My wounds would heal, and another would fall before me.

It was not until I rescued a family from a pack of lycan that I realized my purpose. It was no longer revenge, but to protect. It what my father would have wanted of me, and in better way could I respect him. I found God, and made peace with my demons as I laid them to rest. My vengeance had its fill when I was 21, and I never looked back.

My stand on the vampyre that calls these baords home is a monster no matter how hard she or any one else tries to deny
that fact. I will one day find her, and put her to death. If she is penatant, then my God have mercy on her.

I have been known to be both a holy man, and a murderer. It may just so be the case, for I must be the one to stand over their bodies as they turn back into the men they once were, or turn to dust before my very feet. The true monsters I put to death, those who have no choice, I simply release them from their suffering so that they may find peace.

The vampyre is a threat, and will turn one day on those who remain blind to that fact. I fear for Mr. Holister for his blind devotion may get him killed. If not by me, then by her. As for now, I have much larger prey I must persue. I must track down the last blood born child of Menekhir and put him and his coven to death, only then will my curse be lifted and so that I may once again find peace.

The world is already a cruel place, full of monsters, both inhuman and human alike. There is no neutral ground, it is either black or white, right or wrong, good or evil. There is no "happy medium" from which to procrastinate. You must choose. Humanity, or damnation.

It is time to choose.
"By my hand, they shall know death."
Holister

Post by Holister »

If and when I do get taken out pal, I would have it no other way than to be by Celeste.

As I said before, and I will say this again nice and simple so that you understand me. If you come after Cee, and I will kill you. That is not a threat slayer, that is a promise.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Little point, Most of us here have choosen to fight the darkness. Oh when I say most there have been a few that have been here that sought to spread darkness but most of them are gone. Oh and Celeste is one that fights the Darkness, so leave it and her alone.
Dante Andel

Post by Dante Andel »

Azrael wrote:An arch-angel...not some unholy spawn from Hell.
Same thing to me, Demons tried to kill me, Angels tried to kill my sight.

An just for some bonus points, who's definition of good and evil are we going by?
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

You are correct, I am skeptical. Religion is funny because once a religious person hears the voice of god, he or she becomes convinced that what they do is never wrong. Most people that claim god spoke to them might start with good intentions, but eventually they end up doing what they want and then saying god told them too.

I am a believer but the God I serve sent a Son that told us to love, show compassion, and mercy. Celeste might be a danger, but the people around her say that she is looking for a way to restore herself. That is why I have not done anything, although what I could do is debatable. How can you claim to serve that God when you refuse to show those traits?
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Gothicfox

Post by Gothicfox »

I'm incline to agree with DarKnyht as well.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I think we all need to take a deep breath and calm down a little bit..
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Azreal is right about a lot of things.

Celeste is a monster and will stay that way until one of us puts her down.

But for now she is a useful monster and we all have higher priorities.

As for your angelic sponsor . . . I've met beings who claimed to be angels and a being who was an angel . . . there's quite a difference and it ain't in terms of power.

Delta Sierra
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

I admire your grasp of things Mr. Caliburn, perhaps you are the one I....but I digress.

The vampyre Darken is not my quarry, another of her kind is and unless we meet, my fury wait for another.

As for my sponsor. I have not seen or heard from him since that day. My boon was bestowed upon me, and I have used to to save lives, often at the cost of my own.

As for my God, I believe that he is compasionate and forgiving to those who seek his grace and offer redemption. He carries both a rod and a staff. Though he is merciful, he is also vengeful.

Fortunately I have never killed an innocent, and many blashpemous unholy abominations have.

I care no for a man's faith, that does not make them right or wrong, it is their actions, their nature, and their own inner wickedness.

If you do not belive in God, that does not make you evil, just lost.

As I said before, I am a slayer of monsters, not men.
Only those foul things that prey upon humanity need fear me. Perhaps you should listen to those like Mr.Caliburn a bit more often. He is a slayer at heart and in radiates from his very soul.

For that I am certain.

As for the rest of you, you are good hunters who do what you can. Innocent lives are saved because of you. Perhaps.

I would be willing to meet with any of you..face to face to discuss things concerning me further. I have mentored many hunters during my live, but I fear that time may be drawing to an end. I need to find one amongst you to carry on in my stead. Someone with the merit and conviction to pass on my legacy to.

I will await your reply.
"By my hand, they shall know death."