My Room Was Broken Into.

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Tabloid Hound

Post by Tabloid Hound »

Its a horrible feeling when your trappings and belonging have been raided. I too suffered this sveral years ago, and my situation was much worse. During the "dot.com" era, I had several PC's running full time in a make shift office in my basement. All of them were being used at one point or another for my tabloid hunting and paranomal bits of info (conspiracy theories, supernatural research notes, etc). Back before my car accident that cost me my legs, I went jogging one morning, and when I came back (I was gone maybe 20-30 minutes) obvious signs of a break in were on my back door! Searching my house, I found everything in its place except for the basement. EVERY PC and my file server was stolen! the monitors and keyboards were all still in place (as well as all the PC power cords). It seemed to me that whoever broke in knew what he/they were after, made a hasty theft and ran off. I never saw my PC's again much less any of my records and files I kept. A shame as I had amassed an incredible database of info too, and I would have posted much of it here as well if I still had it.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

That's text book MIB. Surgical strike, minimal contact so virtually no evidence.

That's why I keep multiple safe spots, most of them very well hidden.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

hmmm. I have recently started an investigation buisiness into "supernatural" occurounces. I do have a number of files on certain people and offices that these occurounces seem to revolve around. personally I think it is just coinciedence but it would greatly hurt my buissness if these files all of a sudden went missing. Ron i was wondering if you had any ideas on where good hiding spots in a home were?
Nick's Mind
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

There's lots of good hiding spots in a home, but these guys would know all of them.You basically need to add hidden doors in the walls and in the floors and in the ceilings. Add false bottoms and backs to most of the furniture. In short, don't put your stuff in places you think nobody will look, create places nobody knows are even there.

It's also good if you can store your stuff away from your home, preferably near a high traffic area so a break in would be likely observed.

It's also good to create dummy files, so they can see something, grab it, and not remove what you really want to keep hidden.

On thing I have found incredibly useful is to make multiple digital copies of your stuff and store them on multiple computers, on transportable media and on secveral different locations on the internet.

Yeah someone might be able to look at your data, but they will never be able to get rid of it all.

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

Thank you for your help
Nick's Mind
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

Maybe you suffer from Post-Hypnotic-Dellusional-Paranoia. Your mind saw something and you percieved it as supernatural which it wasnt and you couldnt handle the truth of what you discovered and you wanted it to be a supernatural occournce so your mind blacked out leaving you without memory of it so you could claim it was what you want it to be.
Nick's Mind
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

NicksMind wrote:Maybe you suffer from Post-Hypnotic-Dellusional-Paranoia. Your mind saw something and you percieved it as supernatural which it wasnt and you couldnt handle the truth of what you discovered and you wanted it to be a supernatural occournce so your mind blacked out leaving you without memory of it so you could claim it was what you want it to be.
:idea:
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Lightning Plant

Post by Lightning Plant »

NicksMind wrote:Maybe you suffer from Post-Hypnotic-Dellusional-Paranoia. Your mind saw something and you percieved it as supernatural which it wasnt and you couldnt handle the truth of what you discovered and you wanted it to be a supernatural occournce so your mind blacked out leaving you without memory of it so you could claim it was what you want it to be.

And you say we have overactive imaginations. Have you ever heard of a little thing called Occam's Razor?
Debunker
Location: My Paranromal team is based in the U.K., but we travel world wide

Post by Debunker »

Get real gang, if the government is really out with their MIB, dont you think they have better stuff to burgle than your useless trivial facts about a fictional subject? I got mountains of research about lore’s, arcane, mystical, paranormal and supernatural info collected by my family and them myself in recent years, but aint none of it worth the CD's they’re burned on! Those who mentioned that you may be delusional seem to be on target, get your self some help and deal with the idea that your were robbed by some poor bastard trying to pay his rent, not a government agency out to take your X-files.
Elliott James Tobias III
AKA: Debunker

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Whoever is doing it, they do it quite regularly to those of us involved in this trivial research.

The frequency of the attacks ammoung such a small segment of the population should be enough proof that there is something unusual going on.

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

maybe it's a demon trying to hide his whereabouts and weaknesses. :lol:
Nick's Mind
Lightning Plant

Post by Lightning Plant »

NicksMind wrote:maybe it's a demon trying to hide his whereabouts and weaknesses. :lol:

Nobody likes a smartass.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

NicksMind wrote:maybe it's a demon trying to hide his whereabouts and weaknesses.

I hadn't thought of that one, but it there is a bit of sense to it.

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

I dont consider you a stupid guy thats why im going to assume you know it was a joke right?
Nick's Mind
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yes, I knew you were joking.

I wasn't.

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

Hmmmmm. that would be hard to do for imaginations of the mind.
Nick's Mind
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I got good reason to believe this stuff is real. If I'd been able to document the proof, I would have.

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

Ron Caliburn wrote:I got good reason to believe this stuff is real. If I'd been able to document the proof, I would have.

All you have is beliefs that they exist and like you said no proof so it is hard for most to take you seriously.
Nick's Mind
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I've seen proof, I just haven't been able to document it.

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

Until you do it is all heresay and you cannot be taken seriously.
Nick's Mind
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well then, where is your proof that monsters don't exist?

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

Easily, look out your window nothing, go outside nothing, go down the street nothing, go to singles bar nothing, there is nothing supernatural on this planet.
Nick's Mind
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

That's not proof.

By your definition as far as I know, you don't exist because I don't see you outside or in any singles bars.

Delta Sierra
NicksMind

Post by NicksMind »

Thats because im in a different place, It should be easier for you to prove something that exists rather than me try and proove it doesnt. If the physical evidence exists then show it to me.
Nick's Mind
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

If I'd been able to collect some, I would.

Delta Sierra

Return to “Community Outreach”