The Bloody Mary Mythos.

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.

The Bloody Mary Mythos.

Post by Guest »

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/issues/199 ... ature.html
http://www.mythology.com (Bloody Mary book coming and Reflected souls)

Follow these links and then read the following:

Some Bloody Mary versions, specifically the ones in which she kills her children and comes hunting for them, bear a striking resemblance to the Weeping Woman legend of Mexico and the surrounding area. Tales of female spirits who come to harm other people's babies and children because they no longer have their own can be traced back to the Aztecs and appeared in many other cultures as well. The Greek Lamia and Jewish Lilith figures are just two of the more widely known examples. None of these stories seem to have too much to do with mirrors or summoning someone's image, so appear to be another case of two separate folklore branches influencing each other.

Follow that train of thought for a second...Bloody Mary, Lamia, Weeping Woman, Lilimarie, Lili-Marie, Lilith. Could it be that there is a connection to Bloody Mary and the cult called the Ba’al’s Nightlands? Could mirrors be used as a gateway? Am I just babbling? (Probably!)
mr. e

Post by mr. e »

sounds like the Society should send a few teams Miami way.
Geronimus

Post by Geronimus »

Miami? well, take a good supply of wooden stakes, the mosquitos there are pretty powerfull and they got cultists who worship them like gods in some of the sub-culture groups.
There be monsters here...
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

Also La Llorona is Spanish for "The Weeping One." Forgot to post that when I posted above! Sorry for the trouble.
Sean O'Neil

Re: The Bloody Mary Mythos.

Post by Sean O'Neil »

Anonymous wrote: Could it be that there is a connection to Bloody Mary and the cult called the Ba’al’s Nightlands? Could mirrors be used as a gateway? Am I just babbling? (Probably!)

I hate to tell you this, but mirrors are a gate way. And if you haven't seen whats on the otherside you don't want to.
Lightning Plant

Post by Lightning Plant »

Sean O'Neil wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Could it be that there is a connection to Bloody Mary and the cult called the Ba’al’s Nightlands? Could mirrors be used as a gateway? Am I just babbling? (Probably!)

I hate to tell you this, but mirrors are a gate way. And if you haven't seen whats on the otherside you don't want to.

Indeed. I've heard about some nasty things through the looking glass. However, in my research, I've seen allusions to a race of supernaturals who just may be on our side, or at least as much as any human is.
Sean O'Neil

Post by Sean O'Neil »

Lightning Plant wrote:
Sean O'Neil wrote:

Indeed. I've heard about some nasty things through the looking glass. However, in my research, I've seen allusions to a race of supernaturals who just may be on our side, or at least as much as any human is.

I think you just might be right...
eternaleyes

Post by eternaleyes »

what if the blody mary was just anothr version of the boggy-man?
i have stood here for ages and will stand ages still.
Ammendment2

Post by Ammendment2 »

It's not, and I would stay clear of those "nightbane" folks. They might be just as bad as the Ba'al cultists..
Good? Bad? I'm the one with the gun.....
The_Spirit

Post by The_Spirit »

Ammendment2 wrote:It's not, and I would stay clear of those "nightbane" folks. They might be just as bad as the Ba'al cultists..

They are more appropriately the spawn of the night than it's bane.
While not all are outright evil, they ARE ALL quite powerful.
And power corrupts, if nothing else.

However, from what I can tell, they are extremely rare, and can blend in with humanity to such an extent that if they don' want you finding them you won't.
Period.
Even those with "special talents" will find this to be true....
The following statement is true,
The previous statement is false;
Welcome to real world.
VermisVictus

Post by VermisVictus »

I cant ge