Taking a noob hunting

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Crosshair MT

Taking a noob hunting

Post by Crosshair MT »

Well I took my medic friend with me last night to track down a string of people dissapearing. THey are a train forensics examiner, so I was going to do double duty on this trip. Make use of their skills track the perp and to try and convince them there is more out there that can not be easily explained away without getting into odd theory. They want to belive that there is something to all the stories and myths, but they need a soild lead that can have a scientific study started to come to a logical conclusion.

We spent a good portion of the night checking old buildings and talking to the street people. At about 3 AM we heard a woman scream and a horrible growling sound, we ran to the alley where the noise was coming from. There was a huge canine figure and a terrified lady of the evening. I opened fire with the Colt to get it's attention and it howled in pain as the silver tore into it. My friend began firing the 12 gauge I gave them at the werewolf, the thing bolted down the alley and leaped a 8 foot privacy fence like it was not there. Then they ran to check on the woman.

"Damnit get over here and help me get her to the car!" they hissed at me in anger since I had not moved.

"Nope," I said softly, "it's coming back."

" You can't be serious we dumped over twenty rounds into that thing, it's dead. Now help me with the woman."

As I started to argue the werewolf came over the building and landed almost on me, I blocked it's swipe and staggered under the impact. Then my friend yelled at the thing, it spun when they shot it with the guage. I tackled the thing when it went to leap at the friend and woman. I will say I can throw the thing around fairly well, I may not be in Willie's league at hand to hand. When the thing turnmed on me again I had my .600 nitro pistol out and dumped three rounds in it's chest at point blank. The beast fell and strugled to fight for a few more moments before I put it out of our misery.

Now my friend is going over every frame of my recording to try and find the fakeing, I think I broke thier brain again.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Nice work. So, can ya smell the rubber burning as they try and process what happened?
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

They'll find a way....even if it doesn't make sense. Unfortunately.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Actually they want to belive and will most likely come up with a basic theory on what they see. And will admit like they have to a vampire they studied first hand that it is a virus and they can't explain the transformations but that does not mean it is not possible to explain scientificlly.

And yeah we have rubber burning, insulation burning and smoke flowing out the ears. Am I being sadistic in finding great myrth in this?
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

I think its funny as hell too.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

The person in question has my pity, but I also find the idea funny.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I chortled.

I still remember the day I learned that word.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Lucky the noob held up under pressure.

A .600 Nitro pistol? You must have wrists the size of watermelons.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Razor

Post by Razor »

Ron Caliburn wrote:A .600 Nitro pistol? You mush have wrists the size of watermelons.

Hahahahaha
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Orchid Noir

Post by Orchid Noir »

Crosshair MT wrote:And yeah we have rubber burning, insulation burning and smoke flowing out the ears. Am I being sadistic in finding great myrth in this?

You schmuck.

There's no rubber burning, or insulation. And that smoke? That is me lighting your glutial grouping on fire for that comment.

I told you, I'm not deciding anything until I get my test results on that canid thing and compare those with my contacts. (Same as the other cases)

And you haven't broken my brain. Now my door, my van, the clean room, yah, those you've broken ..... repeatedly.

And gee thanks for making me sound like some pathetic damsel in distress, I'll remember that next time I'm patching you up, I might just have a real hard time getting out some of those pieces of stuff you seem to always end up getting embeded in you, and not have any deadening agent on hand. or forget I'm not working on a corpse Oops.

And no, Ron Caliburn, it would be his head that is obviously of supernatural (? lol ahem, sorry) size right now, it seems.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Crosshair you may want to be nice to your friend there. To Orchid Noir he did not make you seem like a Damsel in distress, from what he posted it sounds like you handled yourself very well in fact.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Razor

Post by Razor »

*nods* I agree.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, other than still not believing, I was impressed.
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Orchid I was not making you out to be a damsel in a dress, I made you out to be what you are. You had the woman's safety on your mind first and foremost. The creature was my most pressing concern, and you have all my footage plus your own. Yet you still stubornly refuse to admit that not everyuthing can be explained.

Ron the pistol is the chambered to take a .600 nitro rifle round that has been cut down and loaded to a more reasonable hand cannon size. Has more kick than a Cassul, and hits like a cannon should. I have admited to being a unreformed basher with my weapons, this was one of many toys that I had to improve. No worse, or creative than your custom piece: which I've been debating copying it has alot of potential for our line of work. I have refrained from doing so till I could speak with you about it, I wish to not tread on your I.P.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I try to avoid the overly powerful handguns actually . . . many here on the boards would have enough trouble with a 9 or a .45, let alone a .44 or a .454.

When you're dealing with rounds of that size and power you might as well go ahead and add a greater magazine capacity, greater versitility and mroe controlability and pack a shotgun with you.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra

Return to “War Stories”