Old Roman Bath...

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
PSC27

Old Roman Bath...

Post by PSC27 »

The web site: http://www.britainexpress.com/cities/yo ... hhouse.htm has this to say.
In 1930 renovations to a tavern on St Sampson's, York, revealed the remains of a caldarium, or steam bath, from the Roman city of Eboracum. The caldarium, and a neighbouring plunge bath, have been excavated, and visitors can now see the place where Roman soldiers and citizens came to find relaxation.

The small museum is below ground, accessed through the Roman Bath pub, and shows remains of the baths with Roman artefacts and replica articles of everyday life. There are fascinating - and often humourous - facts and figures about Roman life in York scattered about the museum on placards, and visitors can view armour, weapons, and Roman tiles up close.

You can view tiles find on the site, some of which clearly show the signs of nails from the sandals of Romans who trod upon them before the tile had hardened after being made. (See below for a photo). Tiles appear to show the seal of the 9th Roman legion, who founded the city of Eboracum in 71 AD.

I went to investigate this afternoon, when I finally woke up. I found no supernatural activity there. Although, something to report. The owners of the pub have an 5 and 8 year old boy who they say drew a rather detailed picture of naked people who the owners feared were still there. I told them that perhaps he's picking up on impressions or even energy inprints that are left there. The kids are good artist, if nothing else.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

With hyperactive imaginations and the images suggested upon them by their parents. I am starting to become a non-believer myself. :roll:
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Debunker
Location: My Paranromal team is based in the U.K., but we travel world wide

Post by Debunker »

Its good to see that there’s some folks on this site who do have some sense. Children drawing pictures of naked men in a public bath is not a ghost calling to them or magical presence trying to give visions, or some form of reincarnation. It’s simply a child imagining what life was like back then in his own way, just like the rest of us who would visit such a historical place.
Elliott James Tobias III
AKA: Debunker

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

Perhaps, but these were Roman faces and the hair style fit the time period. Also, one lives in London the other in Bath. They have never met to my knowledge, yet the people in the drawings matched. It could be postcog, could be a number of things.
Debunker
Location: My Paranromal team is based in the U.K., but we travel world wide

Post by Debunker »

ooooh Scary! Two kids in different parts of the world who both draw similar pictures of romans. Af if they'd never seen a roman tv show or movie or history book or something before to create similar images. Very haunting indeed, perhaps my skepticism is misguided after all! Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go take a reality break now.
Elliott James Tobias III
AKA: Debunker

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
Lightning Plant

Post by Lightning Plant »

Debunker wrote:ooooh Scary! Two kids in different parts of the world who both draw similar pictures of romans. Af if they'd never seen a roman tv show or movie or history book or something before to create similar images. Very haunting indeed, perhaps my skepticism is misguided after all! Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go take a reality break now.

You already are taking a reality break.
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

:lol: Perhaps it's not scary, but it is interesting and worth noteing.

Return to “Agency Voice”