The Hunt

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Holister

The Hunt

Post by Holister »

Tis bleak at the monastary where I pass my days and the nights draw in close.

I write these words by the light of a few spluttering candles and find myself struggling both to see that which I write and to remember all that must be written.

I have little desire to relive most that has passed in my life; there are so few memories that even approach happiness and those meagre few bear a bitterness for the scarcity.

My time grows short and my desire to cling to this mortal coil shorter still, yet I am unable to find that rest which I know will come. I can feel my death fast approaching, but I do not plan on a silent demise. Do ask me how I know this, for I cannot say. I know only that in my cold bones and the blood that seeps ever slower through my veins that this fact is immutable truth.

I am called again, for the second time in my life.

In truth, I am weary of this life; the unending struggle, the desperation and stryfe.

The embrace of The Grim Reaper is more longed than any lover ever was. I pray, with what little faith I have remaining to me, that having given all that I can to this service the last embrace will bring me the release and happiness so long denied to me.

I know that the war goes on, the hunt will continue. If I am to die, than it will not be as some wimpering dog or as some wounded soldier dying on the battlefield.

I know my death haunts me and I will not disappoint it, but in the meantime, I have a hun to return to, and evil to see put to eternal death.

~~ Benjamin Holister
Last edited by Holister on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Where are you Ben?
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Get a weird feeling he won't respond there Bert.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

Ditto. Gotta ask though.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Yeah never hurts to try.
Eilonwy Solstice

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Ben? Ben, is that you? Don’t give up, Ben. Don’t give in to your anger. We are still on your side.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I live. That's a sufficient enough answer for now.

I have seen the truth and it was so simple that I cannot believe I have been blind to it for so long.

As for the rest, I have little time or patience left for the pointless troubles of others, nor that of The Lazlo Society.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well then, hope every thing works out for ya. :roll:
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Eilonwy Solstice

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Holister wrote:
As for the rest, I have little time or patience left for the pointless troubles of others.

Does that include Molly, Benjamin?
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Bert_the_Turtle

Ben, don't give up. You've always been like a brother to me.

The only reason you weren't included in The Gentleman thing was because I wanted you safe at home with Molly. I didn't want you dragged into it.

You can't just give up and die. Molly was heart stricken when she thought you were dead. Don't you dare make me look that little girl in the face and tell her that her Uncle Ben is dead again!
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Can you not see the truth. Of course he does not care. He has "Seen the truth", so delude yourselves no further. He thinks of no agenda but his own, and has said that he cares not for the troubles of others. If he wants to die alone, than let it be.

The torment is always so much sweeter when they realize the awful truth, they don't want to die alone.

WWVLD
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

I think B is right. Once you're set like that, no one's really going to matter to him anymore, unfortunately not even Molly. It's sad for her, I know. I met a guy who thought like that in New York ,and the next day, they were police-taping his favorite alleyway. Life's a bitch, but death's a bigger one.
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Bert_the_Turtle

We need a trace on his postings ASAP.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

We really need to figure out how he's posting too - soundslike he's in a place without electricity.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Yeah got that as well.
Holister

Post by Holister »

In my final moments with Morte, high atop the North tower, before the explosion that consumed us both, he told me something, one last statement that vexes me to this very moment.

"Why do I fight so hard, when even this will utterly be forgotten."

He was right. With those his final words before his death, he was right. Why do we fight?

The world is not blind to the truth, it is blissfully ignorant simply because it does not care. So why should we.

So many monsters find it oh so easy to gain entry into to our world, to prey upon the innocent. The needn't try too hard, for they already know that who really cares?

Each day that passes once being called, we time and time again lay our lives on the line we must sacrifice and toil to the brink of dispair, and for what? For a world where 6 billion strangers dwell each in their own pod of mundane existance.

The world does not care, so why should I?

We blame the monsters for all the wrongs that happen. How easy it is to identify the monsters who dress the part.

What of humanity? What of its apathy and cruelty?

A vampire or werewolf kills a handful of people and it is a tragedy that devotes our attention as we leap into action to end the evil before more innocents are brought to harm.

All the while some madman with his finger on a dead man's switch walks into a crowed plaza and kills hundreds. The term collateral damage has become quite the household term, but still a rather septic way as veiwing death in any regard.

I know that The Grim Reaper stalks me, but he will not have me this day.

I have not retired from the battle quite yet, I have simply decided upon another war in which to fight.

Evil is evil no matter what mask it attempts to hide behind.

I have seen the future, and it is time to bet on another horse ladies and gentlemen.

Humanity doesn't need our protection, it needs a wake-up call. An age of chaos and despair draws clser by the hour. So why fight a loosing battle?

The way I see it. If they want this world, then by all means they are welcome to it. We as a race do not deserve it any more.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Holister? What the hell are you are you saying? If you think some, hell most here ignore the Evil that men do, then you are a bigger idiot then I ever thought you were. So you know I never thought you were an idiot. But now I am begining to wonder.
So does this mean you have taken Dele Morte's place? And that now you wish to end the world of Man?
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

It's true that there are monsters among the human race, but I wouldn't say that those individuals have ruined this world and this life for all... I can't do anything about the human monsters. There are organizational, social, and political lines that I would have to cross to deal with them, when they aren't associated with the paranormal.

So I do what I can to protect my own from the monsters I can fight against...

Ben... I know you can hear me, even as I type this. I've always respected you, as a lawman and as a friend... I will go on respecting your decisions, even if I don't entirely agree with them...

Ben... Celeste and Molly are here... Celeste goes by another name now, but she's here...and she's with child, Ben.

I know things haven't always gone the way you've wanted them to, man, but there are people here who care about you... For myself, I understand what you're going through, and I appreciate and respect your decision.

I hope you still live a long life, regardless of your apprehensions of an upcoming death... I hope that through that life, your choices lead you to happier times.

May you be fulfilled wherever you go, and you will be missed, my friend...

May the spirits of your loved ones walk with you always, and keep you safe... May they bring my message and my prayers to your ears, and may you know your own peace, someday...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

No, of course not. Morte was an evil entity that earned his fate all to wll, but not soon enough. There was some truth in his last words though.

We all have our demons to hunt; I am no different. I just choose thoose conflicts at my descretion now.

Evil uses any means nessasry to achieve its goals. It is ruthless and void of conscious or empathy. It is time to play the game on equal footing is all.

The hour grows late, the shadows creep across the floorboards in the flickering ligh of the candle by my side.

Tomorrow I go in search of the Cross of Saint Xaviere, after that, who knows, not even I.

I would bid you all farewell, but I know our paths will cross again. I would bid you well, but I do not care enough to choke the words past my lips.
Logos

Post by Logos »

Ben, I can't believe you, as a respected LEO, would say something like this. I think there's a lot of evil in the world, but to say that all of humanity is guilty by association, well, that's just disgusting.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Bert_the_Turtle

I think Ben has been possessed again.

Is it possible Dele Morte did something to him before he died?
Logos

Post by Logos »

You're right, this does sound an awful lot like something Morte would say... In fact, he said something like that to me right before Ben went off to kill him.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:I think Ben has been possessed again.

Is it possible Dele Morte did something to him before he died?

That is the easy answer isn't it. Truth is, I have seen the truth. For the first time I realize how pointless everything in my life has been up until this moment.

You call it possession, I say I have never been of such a sound mind and of unclouded vision.

Agree with me or not, I care little to which in either regard.

It is late, I find myself neeeding to retire for the evening. Good evening one and all.

Oh, and Bert, Celeste Darken is dead. That THING that claims to be her is not my Celeste. Do not insult her memory or me like that again.
Last edited by Holister on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

So Holister, what was the point of this thread? To say that you can't say goodbye? Or maybe you want a little pity party because you just found out how cruel fate can be. :roll: :roll:

If you have nothing helpful to add, than stop wasting our time.

Sound mind and unclouded vision? I sincerely doubt it.

WWVLD
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Actually, I think you just did all the insulting there mortal.

Oh, and my congratulations to the late Dele Morte, it seems he has forged you into a fine instrument.

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Not helping Ghost, but maybe not wrong either.
Ben you looked into the Dark and it looked back did it? You think you are the first to do that, or the only one here to do it?
You are wrong, and you have come to the wrong conclusion as well on how to deal with things.
I speak as one who knows the Darkness better than you could ever imagine.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

instrument, or tool?
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I think he meant tool Angel.

Shadow, i'm sorry but Ben is acting like a whiny bitch. He's decided to go off, and leave his loved ones behind, all because he just found out that he is not going to get a parade. :roll:

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Nobody here in their right or even wrong mind, for that matter should ever expect a parade.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I seriously don't think that's what any of this is about...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.