They Let Me Walk In

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Lord Shakar

Re: They Let Me Walk In

Post by Lord Shakar »

By the Gods that is one hell of a mess.
Walking between the Shadows, you come to expect the unexpected.
From the Shadows comes Life or Death.
Hannah

The Lord of Greenwood's Tale

Post by Hannah »

Hello Lord Sharkar

Yes it was. I was really not sure what I was going to do.

As he stepped towards me, I retreated towards the edge.

To protect you from harm
I asked of Oak King a simple charm.

Now whenever you are in need
The Oak King’s power shall do the deed.

But whether you decide to fight or flee
His powers can’t be used against me.

“How did you know?” I’d been grabbing for Air, trying to use it to let me jump safely just as he said that. It wasn't working.

When you draw upon the power of the Oak King
In my mind a bell doth ring.

Fair maid I grow tired of these games
It is time for you to take my name.

I swallowed a bit and took another step back. One more and I’d be out of room. “I’m not promised to you.”

But my dear you truly are.
It is as sure as the morning star.

Many years before you were born
I scattered a band of young warriors with but the sound of my horn

All but one flew back to home
Leaving their fellow to face me all alone

Now I could see that he was just a lad
Not old enough to know what done he had

When I said I would take him back to my lands
He dropped before me with clasped hands

For my mercy he began to beseech
He promised never to return into my reach.

I told him his crimes were great
I’d need more to free him from his fate

He swallowed deep and quaked with fear
Because he knew I would ask him for something dear.

His eyes swelled with great surprise
When I asked for his first daughter as my bride.

I thought he’d refuse and he was looking glum
So I added his son would be a great champion.

With those words he finally got a clue
And for his freedom, he promised me you.

“No. You don’t understand -” He cut me off.

When you told Grugach who your father was,
It sealed you to the deal he made with us

Now come with me, fulfill the pledge
It is a long dark way down from that ledge.

It's time to go get lunch, more soon.

Hannah

PS: I get to meet my new tutor this week. Isn't that awesome?
I will be who I chose to be.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everybody,

Last chapter, I promise

I looked at him for a long moment. I almost said yes. His face was kind now – but enraged he’d been a real monster. He was a prince and a musician and a poet – but he’d take me away from my family and friends forever.

I needed another plan, and I think I had it.

I guess my poker face wasn’t so good because as soon as I had a plan, he decided to make a grab for me.

Using the tricks I learned from Wie and Willie I slid just around his hand. Then moving like Peter and MJ I took a step up on his thing, and another one on his chest. Then I planted both my feet square in his face and kicked off as hard as I could, just barely escaping his second try at grabbing at me.

My plan was simple. I figured that if I couldn’t use the powers to save me from Robin, I could use the powers to save myself from impending death. By launching myself over the edge like that, I’d be able to tap the powers again and survive.

But when I reached for air to stop my fall, it didn’t work. It was still just out of reach.

I desperately grabbed at it a second time as I began to fall.

Nothing.

I could hear him screaming at the top of the cliff, but he was already so far away I couldn’t see him anymore.

I fell for a long time, still reaching for the air, trying to get a hold.

I finally got a grip at the same time I hit the water.

Everything went black.

When I came to, I was on a small strip of sand between the wave lashed rocks of a tiny cove. The sun was high and seagulls were squawking. I took a moment to make sure I was in one piece, and finding nothing wrong but a few bruises, I go up and made my way up a trail from the beach. Soon I’d found people and they took care of me until I could get back home.

Hannah

PS: My father already has given me a talking to for all the crazy stunts I did.
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

Well I am glad that your adventure ended with you being safely returned.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

He's still out there with designs on my daughter. Untill we put a permanent stop to him this will never be over.

So pardon me if I'm not too celebratory quite yet.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Clarity

I thought of something, Hannah . . .

Post by Clarity »

_____Hi, Hannah. I hope you’re all right. But I was thinking of something, too. Do you think he was watching us while we ran from that icky man? Maybe he was trying to keep you from working your Fire? I’m getting a strange feeling about Halloween, guys. I don’t know what to do about it, though. I wish Ethan were here.
_____P.S. The Light that came to me when you left. It was Green, and I forgot to ask all of the questions I had about it. Maybe it will come back?
When my dreams and visions help people, it’s not a burden, it’s a good thing.
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

Ron Caliburn wrote:He's still out there with designs on my daughter. Untill we put a permanent stop to him this will never be over.

So pardon me if I'm not too celebratory quite yet.

That is very understandable. If there is anything that I can do to be of assistance or if I learn anything of this being I will inform you. Children are to be protected and anything that harms or trys to harm them....
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well if we could find a way to stop his approaches it would be great. His recounting of this mystery deal in verse gives us some info . . . ut I'm really not sure what to about it.

Anyone have any details on exactly who or what this guy is?

Delta Sierra
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

I myself am not well versed in Fae things. But if I come across anything that will help you, you will be the first to know. Though the only thing I can currently think of would be to hide Hannah where he couldn't ever find her. That way you could have a free hand to deal with him as you please without worrying about her safety. Currently other than that I can offer little else.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well he couldn't have know where we were living, but he foun our house.

He couldn't have known she was running through the woods near a youth detention center, but he found her.

I think finding a place he can't find her is not going to happen.

Delta Sierra
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

I know of a few places that he couldn't get into.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

So why don't we just hunt him down and "encourage" him to leave Hannah alone.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

If he's like his dad in Montana, there's nothing to hunt. He's just not there.

Hannah wrote:Using the tricks I learned from Wie and Willie I slid just around his hand. Then moving like Peter and MJ I took a step up on his thing, and another one on his chest.

Heh. Good job. I'm gonna have to show you another move, the Bobbitt and Weave, to use on this clown.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

GhostSpider wrote:So why don't we just hunt him down and "encourage" him to leave Hannah alone.

Well if you can find an address where we could look him up I'd be happy to have some words with him.

Delta Sierra
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

GhostSpider wrote:So why don't we just hunt him down and "encourage" him to leave Hannah alone.

Well if you can find an address where we could look him up I'd be happy to have some words with him.

Delta Sierra
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

Ron Caliburn wrote:

If his location can be found I would be glad to assist in having that little chat.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone,

I was really happy to get out of that one the only reason I think I am alive is that I managed to slow myself just enough to avoid breaking my neck when I hit the water.

Clarity: I don't think so. When I tried to toast the creep back at the building site, I felt it fizzle as it left my fingertips. When I was trying to fry Robin, I couldn't even reach fire.

Willie: What's a bobbit?

Hannah

PS: My new tutor is pretty cool, though kinda weird. He does these "focusing" exercises with me before we start learning. Kinda reminds me of the breathing stuff Wie does before she practices.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

I don't know what made this thread resurface suddenly but regardless, it's got me thinking.

Robin asked the Oak King to grant Hannah her power. But the fey never give anything away, to anyone.

What did the Oak King recieve in exchange for granting Hannah her power?

Has he recieved it?

If he hasn't, what happens if he doesn't?
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Grace

Post by Grace »

I'll go get that mess clearned up right away, Papa but I just wanted to ask one more question here first, okay?

Hannah,

Do you think Mr. Stupid Head was more powerful because you wanted him to win? Maybe that has something to do with his interest in you?

Oh, I guess that was two questions.

Sorry!
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Cynthia,

I don't know what influence I exercised over Robins power there. Last summer your Momma and I were in Montana and I was able to use a ritual that gave me an opportunity to partially reshape him into another aspect, but I have no idea f that has stuck or not. Worse, while the aspect I was trying to shape him into I have a degree of control over, the process broke down and he ended up as an entirely different aspect, one I have no influence on that I am aware of.

As for your other question, he seems more interested in us having a child together. In Matt's thread on the other universe that child became Faunus, who may or may not have been the same being as the classic deity Faunus.

It's pretty confusing at times, but I think it is tied in to the cycle of life, death and rebirth that the fae follow. He may not want me so much as he wants a baby that he makes with me.

Neither proposals are acceptable.

Hannah
Grace

Post by Grace »

I wonder if he bleeds?
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

oh how to say this..... Yes lass he does... but taking on an elder Fae that was old when humans first started walking up right is not wise. He is stranger faster and smarter. he has accesses to the most powerful forms of magic, some things that even humans can not do. and he has literally 1000s of years more experience, He has forgotten more about warfare Martel arts, and magic that any mortal could ever learn in his life time. Not to mention that killing him which technically could be done would probably not do good things to the world. How about no summers does that sound fun? or of seeds stopped germinating?

I am sure Ron would like vary much to kill him. NOT a good idea. at the least it would cause chaos in both Ter nog org and our world. posably a war and possibly a war between the Shellie and the unshellie. last time that happens was world war to. what happens in our world is reflected under hill and what happens under hill is reflected in our world
We who stand between the flame and the shadow
Grace

Post by Grace »

Thamus reported that the god Pan died during the rule of Tiberius.

The folk and their gods die all the time, Tms3.

That is also part of the natural order.

The old gods become new gods. Or are replaced by new gods.

Or are replaced by nothing at all.

If it bleeds, it can die.
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Thanks Cynthia,

The Horned One, Oak King,Holly King, Robing Goodfellow, Pan, Puck, the Lord of Greenwood, Cernunnos, Faunus, Jack Robinson, the Old One, Janicot, Karnayana, Dhul-Qarnayn, Atho, Tubal-cain, Bran, Wayland, Herne, Dianus, Cern, Actaeon and whatever other name you want to call him is a cyclical god. They live and die according to a cycle to represent the passing of the seasons.

Heck, each year the Oak King kills the Holly King to usher in spring and summer while the Holly King kills the Oak King to bring about fall and winter.

Which of course means that killing Robin will not work because he will be reborn the following year.

Hannah
Grace

Post by Grace »

Do you think he'll give up if he's killed every year? I've never experienced it but I imagine it would be quite disconcerting.
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I could enjoy getting rid of him every year. A bit of Spring Cleaning if you ask me.

Delta Sierra
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

oh yeah great ron I could just see it now.... "hay where did ron go?" "I dont know but the Racoons wearing ron's hat"
We who stand between the flame and the shadow
Grace

Post by Grace »

Why would a raccoon wear Papa's hat?
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Because I let the raccoon wear it while I was busy ending a sprite with an attitude.

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

Raccoons are dirty creatures, Papa. You shouldn't let them wear your hat. Momma might not want to hug and kiss you anymore if you do that.

Will you let me help when you end sprites with attitude, Papa?
-Oscar Wilde.