Things Aren’t Going Right

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Hannah

Re: Things Aren’t Going Right

Post by Hannah »

You are right about that Willie.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Sahra Kane

Re: Yes, definitely.

Post by Sahra Kane »

Cybermancer wrote:The FBI are all over both crime scenes right now so access is more or less denied and will likely be highly contaminated after they're done.

Hey, I'm insulted. We don't contaminate scenes. :(

Grandpa and I talked to Jinx and did some digging, and this is what we found. There is a consistent trail of mound building and sun cults ending in violence. You can follow it from the Olmecs to the Mayans, to the Tiahuanaco. It peters out, then pops up again with the Aztecs, passes to the new-world Spanish, and moves on to Lousisiana. The Southern Cult manipulates spirits and sacrifices strangers to carry messages to the dead, but would often end up sacrificing its own members.

We also tracked down a name for the stormcrow: Bernard Lemercier, a French/Indian known to be active in the early 1700. The Nachez called him a witch, who demanded constant sacrifices trying to open a rift to the ancient mysteries.

I think there may be a connection between this cult and the mound where Victor Lazlo disappeared.
FriarJohn

Re: Yes, definitely.

Post by FriarJohn »

Sahra Kane wrote:
We also tracked down a name for the stormcrow: Bernard Lemercier, a French/Indian known to be active in the early 1700. The Nachez called him a witch, who demanded constant sacrifices trying to open a rift to the ancient mysteries.

I think there may be a connection between this cult and the mound where Victor Lazlo disappeared.

From what I recall from my childhood in Southern Ohio, the Mounds in that region are neolithic - pre Southern Mound building by at least a millennia. There is little to no actual evidence of blood sacrifice in the region, either in the "prehistoric" nor later tribal culture of the Shawnee. In fact, the Shawnee seemed to avoid them, sort of like the Druids and Stone Henge. They served ritual purposes, and line up with the ley lines and nexi of the region, that I know for sure. The city park built on the remains of a Mound in my Mother's home town will occasionally "get weird" to the point that it is the only municipal park closed at night.
There is a different "feel" to the places in the Ohio River valley than say the mounds in Aztec Arkansas (home of the bucolic little white clap board church Aztec Baptist - one of my favorite Church names ever). The Mounds in Ohio felt like "thin" places, while the energies in the Mounds in AK felt like a coiled spring, ready to be set lose. That was my, very limited, experience with the Mounds. If there is a connection, I would wager that it is a co-option of the older sites by a newer cultus.

I've never visited any of these places "Professionally" and have only been back to Portsmouth in the past few years for funerals, so i can't report what they are like at the moment.
Lt. joe

Post by Lt. joe »

Just because the site predates the cults using them doesn't make it less likely for things to go wrong.

we don't report it much, because it looks bad for the tourist trade, but we get a couple of groups every year sneaking into Canyon de chelly's* cliff dwellings for weird ceremonies, supposedly 'tribal magic' stuff. really, it tends to be a bunch of white folk and other other outsiders who think painting their faces and bodies, dressing up in feather bonnets, dancing around fires, and doing lots of illicit substances qualifies as "summoning the spirits of the ancients" or other such nonsense. one would think they'd at least do research into the culture of the people who's chindi they were trying to communicate with, instead of using the silly hollywood tripe, but there you go. the National Park service usually breaks the parties up and hands them over to us until the FBI or Arizona state police show up.

the cliff dwellings in the canyon are anaasází, and are thousands of years old. but that has not kept people of later times from trying to use them for their own purposes in more recent times.

* it is pronounced "de shay", by the way.
Happily may I walk
Happily, with abundant dark clouds, may I walk
Happily, with abundant showers, may I walk
Happily, with abundant plants, may I walk
Happily, on a trail of pollen, may I walk
Happily may I walk
Being as it used to be long ago, may I walk
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone,

yesterday was a tough day. Dad's birthday and there wasn't any desire to celebrate.

I've been trying to reach Dad and Cynthia in every channel we have, but nothing. Nothing except a few read receipts.

Someone is receiving, but nobody is answering.

Hannah
Last edited by Hannah on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FriarJohn

Post by FriarJohn »

Hanna, I'm very sorry. I hope you are not completely alone in all this.
"In interiore homine habitat Veritas."
FriarJohn

Post by FriarJohn »

Lt. joe wrote:Just because the site predates the cults using them doesn't make it less likely for things to go wrong.

I didn't mean to imply that. In fact, I've seen just how wrong things can go when an object or place is disrupted (desecrated). Major fallout, for years. What I was trying to say is that Serpent Mound seems to be "asleep" but other mound sights not so much. If these nutters were to do the wrong thing at any of these places I tremble at the consequences.

I hear tell these people may be in DC, and that Mr Caliburn and Ms Darcy were looking into them. I am sitting here deep in the Suburbs of MD feeling useless.
I have a spare room and neighbors who have learned not to ask questions. If I or my self proclaimed "leg men" can help, tell me.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

For what it's worth, Hannah, you have my sympathies. Pass that along to Mel too - I haven't spoken to her in awhile.

Say, there's an all-ages show in the Meatpacking District in a few days - I might be fill-in bass player again. I can see about getting you on the guest list if you want a night out to rock.

More on point... the first thing my older brothers taught me - stay the hell away from mounds, temples, or any other places where powerful people of the past once roamed.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Sorry I haven't been around folks, things have been... rough lately.

I have a bit of expertise in the mostly-gone people in question, so I'll add in my .02.

A pedantic quip of mine - Neolithic mostly refers to Eurasian and African (Old World) groups, referring to the point society shifted to an agricultural sedentary lifestyle - about 10,000 years ago. This happened quite a bit earlier in the Old World than in the Americas, so Neolithic doesn't quite work. The Early Woodland people that built those mounds in Ohio are usually referred to as the Adena Culture, whose remains date to about 1000-200 BCE. Obviously most people don't distinguish the various stone ages or Archaic periods or whatnot, but academically it's important to distinguish who we are talking about.

Now, human sacrifice is much, much less common in North America than in Mexico and to the south - the Maya, Aztec federation, Teotihuacan, and Mixtec all certainly did, it and it seems likely the Olmecs and Toltec at least sacrificed children. That isn't to say they didn't do it in North America - the Pawnee seemed to do it with some frequency until pretty recently, and there is some evidence the Southeast Ceremonial Complex (otherwise known as the Southern Death Cult) - the same group of later Southern US mound builders - may have as well.

That leaves the question - are these connected to our shadowy cult showing up lately? The cultists have been using that symbolism a lot, but they also seem awfully hodge-podge in their self affiliations. So even if they aren't directly descended from any of these pre-Columbian groups, they have nonetheless adopted the trappings.

PS: Nice to see you back, Friar. Have things in the DC area calmed down since we last met?

PPS: Sparks, make it two tickets.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
FriarJohn

Post by FriarJohn »

Thank you, Melissa, for filling in the gaps in my memory. Your quibbles are always enlightening.

Things here are as they always are. A few haunts, the occasional Buggie man. Things best left alone in the Smithsonian or the LIbrary of Congress coming out into the light of day and scaring the crud out of someone. Congressional aids trying to use Infernal Powers to get the upper hand in politics. You know, just what was meant when I was sent here for "A nice, quiet, uneventful recuperation and retirement."

Who would have thought Dan, my nice, quiet little Computer Geek, would branch out into weaponry. He's even found my old sword and his showing an alarmingly rapid progress, almost intuitive. The other two boys are doing well. Although Tyler is still not always sleeping through the night.

Back to the matter at hand:

These people seem to be very competent, and have adopted a set of symbols that are very telling, but also seem to have very little difficulty adopting what ever comes to hand. If we could get a handle on just how interconnected they are, or even a clearer picture of what their end game is I think we would be on more stable footing. (Yes I know, I am the Rev. Dr. Obviousman.) Are we even all that sure that they and the recent disappearances are connected, or is this yet another front that has opened?

Mel has the directions to my place if anyone needs a base near DC - easy drive and near the Greenbelt terminus of the Green line, and on the Camden line into DC and Baltimore. If she's not close by PM me. I'll also see if anyone has tried to bother any of the local Masonic/Occult/Native sites.
Lt. joe

Post by Lt. joe »

FriarJohn wrote:
I hear tell these people may be in DC, and that Mr Caliburn and Ms Darcy were looking into them. I am sitting here deep in the Suburbs of MD feeling useless.
I have a spare room and neighbors who have learned not to ask questions. If I or my self proclaimed "leg men" can help, tell me.

i understand that feeling. Mr. E and I have worked with Ron awhile back, when one of his cases took him to our area. It is hard to imagine a threat that he could not handle, and i wish i could do something to help find him to.
Happily may I walk
Happily, with abundant dark clouds, may I walk
Happily, with abundant showers, may I walk
Happily, with abundant plants, may I walk
Happily, on a trail of pollen, may I walk
Happily may I walk
Being as it used to be long ago, may I walk
Cybermancer

What we know

Post by Cybermancer »

I've been pouring over previous coded messages as well as the transmission fragment recieved from Jinx.

She was sent to infiltrate this cult activity. As has been observed earlier in this thread, this cult uses the trappings of various death gods, cults and religions however there is reason to believe that these symbols are used as a matter of convenience. That is, this cult of shadows uses known symbols both to attract followers with certain expectations and also as camoflage from those investigating them.

This cult has operations on every continent except antartica though they are losing ground in 1st world western nations. Elsewhere, they are gaining strength. They use a cell like structure with each cell using different symbols and dogma, usually based on local practices though often twisted to their own ends. These cells are generally small with no more than a dozen members although they do occasionally gather in larger numbers in order to perform ceremonies.

These cells do have a few commonalities. First and foremost they always have death or the end of the world as their theme. They are always led by someone with arcane power. The other members of the cult are trained to participate in magic ceremonies. Psychics are also occasionally recruited.

Another common element to these cult cells are their link to shadowy creatures. However, we believe that in the case of most of these shadowy creatures and humanoids are being summoned or working with the cultists for their own ends. There is however a new type of possessing entity that possess members of the cult, especially anyone in charge.

For now, we are calling these entities Darklings. For those who can see such things, they appear to be shadows on those they possess or are working to possess. They appear to feed off emotions of depression and hopelessness. Emotions they encourage until such time as the victim is weak enough to be possessed successfully. We have heard word that some cultists bond with these shadows willingly. Those that do so are imbued with enhanced physical abilities and a smattering of psychic ability. Those that have been possessed unwillingly, these creatures can be exorcised. Those that bond willingly are forever turned.

We suspect that it is through these possessing entities that the cult cells are able to communicate and coordinate which makes them difficult to track via conventional means. Their ability to coordinate was first demonstrated when we first learned of them during the last winter solstice. Apparently the avatar of some sort of power from beyond was summoned. This avatar was last seen in Mexico.

It is the goal of this cult to perform another ritual on the winter solstice. We're not sure what this ritual will accomplish.

There is more unsettling news. The cult may be working on a plan B.

There is one more wrinkle.

This cult has a rival and the two have been fighting and occasionally investigators have been getting caught in the middle. Cynthia, AKA Nemesis, comes to us from a group of assassins that refer to themselves as The Foundation. Apparently they have experience battling the supernatural but not for the benefit of people. What their ultimate goals may be are currently unknown but there may be a connection to this.

As for what the cult may call itself? We're not sure but it's possible that it calls itself The Brotherhood of the Fallen Star.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
FriarJohn

Post by FriarJohn »

Well now, we are simply drowning in details and suppositions.

While I may not be the field agent I once was, I think that we may have to tak into account that this Foundation may be involved in Mr Caliburn and Cynthia's disappearance: While investigating a line of inquiry about the Darkling Cult they may have stumbled upon the "Foundation" or vice versa. I'm not just tossing this out to add to confusion, but it may be a possibility.

Now, I have my resources looking for events all over DC, the MD suburbs and NOVA. I have a few ties to the Feds, but I'll leave them alone, for now.

There are about as many references to a "Fallen Star" in the various Myths of the world to make it seem chosen to be vague. There are two Stellar deities in the Aztec mythology, but neither of them are "fallen." The most common reference in the West I can find is the ubiquitous references to Satan. Not exactly warming, but sort of par for the course.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

I think you are quite correct about everything you just said, FriarJohn. I wish I could be happy about that.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
freerunner92

Post by freerunner92 »

So, lots of bad mojo going down.

I ain't gonna say much about it other than I'm doing what I can to stop some of it. Though if y'all think for a moment that I've forgiven Caliburn, start thinkin' somethin' else.
Last edited by freerunner92 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daichan

Post by Daichan »

No one expects you to forgive or forget. But you seem to be able to get past it and that's a start.

Good luck finding them kid. Don't really know what your stake in this is but we all got our reasons for doing what we do. I'd help ya but I got my own things to deal with right now.
Celeste Darken

No Dying Thread, This . . .

Post by Celeste Darken »

There’s more to this thread; I have borne witness to various events within it. However, it isn’t mine to tell.
Death isn’t a state of nothingness. It’s a journey. What path are you forging?
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I think the time has come to tell the rest of the story.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Yes sis, I think it's past due for a lot of us to come clean.

Hannah
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

You can find my explanation here.

Hannah
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I was actually thinking about what went on with my mother, father, Jinx and myself but your tale also needs to be told, I suppose.

I will begin to relate what was going on here, leaving out certain things for either security or legal reasons. I am bound somewhat in what I can say by the FBI as we were cooperating with them on this issue and the various trials and legal actions are not yet done. Indeed, there is still a few culprits who are free.

The dream that Miss Solstice saw was quite real but it was also carefully engineered to fool psychics such as her. I will not relate how that was accomplished here because we may want to do it again some day, though are ability to do so may have been compromised by other factors anyway.

In any case, both my mother and Jinx are alive and quite well. Their death's were faked to keep them safe and to allow them a certain amount of leeway in conducting their own business. Both in assisting my father and I, and then later assisting Auntie Mel in Mexico.

Why was this ruse necessary?

So that my father and I could inflitrate the Foundation and rescue those sisters of mine that were still in their thrall and being used as disposable soldiers. The enemy had access to both mages and psychics who would be used to sniff out deception. They are also quite tech savvy and were monitoring this site regularily. In order to fool them, all of you had to be fooled as well.

It has been suggested that I should perhaps apologize for that deception as this scheme was largely my plan. I do not see why. I do not feel sorry and I don't beleive that anyone who hears the explanation why it had to happen should feel upset over it. It was a necessary requirement to liberate children being used as soldiers. Anyone who who can still be sore about being left out of the loop with those stakes should probably reconsider their own priorities and allegiances.

In any case, the ruse worked. The Foundation, though still suspicious, took us into their organization. I was reunited with my sisters once more, some I recognized, some were new. Regrettably, some were also missing. It is dangerous work that the Foundation has us do.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

That's why I took my story elsewhere, even though there is a cross over.

When the ruse started I had known about it, but because we were concerned that Khavik would come for me, we had suppressed that knowledge into my subconscious.

So when I was Khavik's prisoner I fully believed that two people I loved were dead and two more had joined with a dark power. It was something Khavik used against me in our sessions together and one of the reasons I acted so . . . uncharacteristically towards you when we were reunited.

Of course I also got that wonderful and joyous moment when I learned that all were alive and well. Perhaps the greatest moment I've had since I saw my mother for the first time after leaving the compound.

As for apologies, while it may be appropriate to apologize for any harm you may have done to those who were innocent of your plans, your actions were taken with the calculus necessary to safeguard lives and so the actions themselves need no apology.

Hannah

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Yes, the story crosses over again towards the end as well though I'll leave that for later.

I expect likely that Khavik would have found ways to use us against you regardless. Given the circumstances I think it was important to deny him a chance to use our unborn siblings against you. Or for him to use you against us.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Grace

Post by Grace »

Since the cat is out of the bag, I think I can start posting again.

Obviously I am alive and well, as Cynthia has already said.

I'd also like to chime in on this a little bit.

Jinx and I were not idle nor in exactly in hiding while we were dead. For the first five or six weeks I was the trigger and she was the spotter. After that my condition started to interfere with my accuracy so we swapped places.

Early on, our primary targets were Foundation related. After Hannah and Clarity were taken, we had to start dividing our attention a little bit. Eventually though, things started coming to a head in Mexico so we left to assist with that. I didn't linger long in Mexico however as I was needed at home to help pick things up from the ashes.

And despite how much Mel and Jinx tried to spare my feelings, I knew I was starting to become something of a liability to them. :(

While it has been a wonder and a miracle to be able to carry children, I'm ready for them to get out and meet everyone. I'm also looking forward to being more active myself again soon.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

You're never a liability.

A pain in the rear sometimes, but never a liability.

Hannah

PS: Children? Nobody told me there was more than one on the way. How many new brothers and/or sisters are we adding to the family.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Even when you're a liability you could still flay someone three ways from Sunday.

I also distinctly can't remember ever trying to spare your feelings, Darcy.

(Kidding).

I'll start a thread about our work in Mexico shortly. This place clearly needs a reminder that we're here to share tales about the supernatural, not allusions to our dysfunctional friendships and families. :P

PS: Before I forget, I would like to welcome back one of my best friends and her daughter to this place, and await the pension expansion of their family.

Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I didn't take your place in Mexico because you were a liability to their operations Darcy. I know there were a few shots I wished you'd been working the trigger for instead of me.

You went back to New York because you are far more important as a mother than you will ever be as a soldier.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Life is easy to take, and much harder to nurture.

Ron is right though. No reason to risk you and yours for this. Besides, I'm pretty sure the only one down there who wasn't good with a rifle was me.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Well you should join us for family range day, 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month.

Hannah.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

In any case, despite the title of this thread, things were going right. We infiltrated the Foundation with Papa posing as a trainer for battling the supernatural. The leaders of the Foundation no doubt saw this as the first step towards corrupting him all the way. He would have made a valuable asset as a handler and field operative.

And of course they were pleased to reaquire me as an asset. In my absence they had failed to replicate the success they had with me. I was certain that they would not now be able to succeed in their wishes as I had recieved reliable intelligence that their chief project manager was dead.

It turned out that this individual survived being killed.

I will confess to being afraid when I saw that painted face again.

We would eventually kill them again but there is no certaintity that it will take this time either.

Ghostspiders investigation caused us no end of inconvenience and put our lives at risk. Fortunately we were able to convince the Foundation leaders that he was too powerful a foe to confront directly and that my instilled drive to protect my handler would be make Papa a huge liability in such situations as I would always act to remove him from danger.

There is not much else I can say at this time. Though I can say that a dozen girls aged between 8 and 14 were rescued and are now being re-educated so they can re-enter society. Unfortunately they are all orphans and for many it has been difficult to place them with extended family. For now they are wards of the state. Because those involved are minors, the entire incident has been kept out of the news. Well that, and the supernatural aspects of the case.

Many of the government agencies involved do not beleive the supernatural aspects and consider it part of the cult like brain washing. I overheard one referencing Papa's involvement as sicking one nut on a group of nuts.

The only reason I'm being allowed to post here at all is because this site is considered a fringe conspiracy forum that no one really takes it seriously. In fact a few officers I talked to thought this place was so outlandish they were convinced it must be some sort of joke or game.

Disbelief can be a powerful two edged sword.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing